• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Humphrey and Williams Pick: I'm Digging Them-You?

Militant X 1

Ravens Ring of Honor
While there were more pieces acquired in this past draft, I'm really beginning to dig the"Bama-Connection" of CB Humphrey and OLB Williams.

I believe that they will grow together and be a huge part of our defensive success for years to come.

Last edited:

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Yes, I'm a big fan of both picks.

Humphrey is awesome with thr play in front of him. He's great in off man and press coverages. His reaction time is superb. Just go back to thr game where he is covering John Ross Ana you can see his ability to diagnose plays and break on them. He's also extremely instinctive and a tough hard nosed player that can tackle well. When he does give up a reception, he doesn't allow much in YAC. Looking forward to watching his growth.

Tim Williams it goes without saying. He is so explosive and his spin move is incredible. Tackles will have a tough time getting their mitts on him. Even if he is just a situational pass rusher in year one, he could end up being the steal of the draft. Looking forward to seeing him cause some interceptions and fumbles.

I'm also a big fan of Bowser. Bowser is amazing in coverage, he's just a little raw as a pass rusher. However he's gery athletic and has some pass rushing traits. It's going to be fun watching Suggs groom him.

Wormley should start from the get go. Feel he can play 3 and 5t. He has the capability to start from thr get to, but at the very least he will be part mix. He also has the ability to move inside in nickel. Something that I don't believe Kaufusi would be able to do.

I'm looking forward to see this entire draft along with last years drafts grow together. Both were tremendous drafts.

bMore Heathen

Practice Squad
I can't wait to see Timmy on the field. I've watched most of Bamas games over the past 5 or 6 years, mainly because the are always on prime time, not really a huge fan or anything, but watched them nonetheless and Humphrey is legit. He will be huge for us, but we haven't had a player with Timmy's skill set in a long time. The speed and explosion are unreal, the fact that we got him in the 3rd is shocking. I fully expected Pittsburgh to take him twice.

Bravo on the new forum, by the way. Looks better then br.com's. Feels like a new home!!

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
I can't wait to see Timmy on the field. I've watched most of Bamas games over the past 5 or 6 years, mainly because the are always on prime time, not really a huge fan or anything, but watched them nonetheless and Humphrey is legit. He will be huge for us, but we haven't had a player with Timmy's skill set in a long time. The speed and explosion are unreal, the fact that we got him in the 3rd is shocking. I fully expected Pittsburgh to take him twice.

Bravo on the new forum, by the way. Looks better then br.com's. Feels like a new home!!

Or ever. Total steal and I didn't expect the Steelers to take him because they had just taken tj watt, but seriously. It was his character that had him available in thr 3rd round. If he was clean he would have been a first round pick

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
I was thinking Boulware, but you're right Timmy has that speed!!
Correct, no one we have had has had his explosion and speed. Do you have any idea how hard it is to come up with a good spin move. His is amazing and his balance is awesome. Check out your sports science on Timmy Williams if you haven't seen it already

Last edited:
Both could help elevate our defense as a top 3 defense for years to come.

zevenate

Practice Squad
I'm feeling really good about Williams especially if he can get his act cleaned up. He's that pure pass rusher we've been lacking since Doom started to fall off with injuries and age. I think Humphrey'll be a better player in the long run, hopefully a more durable Jimmy Smith, cause I've read some reports that Williams doesn't have the greatest football IQ and struggled with the Alabama scheme a bit, but I think he'll nevertheless be the most promising this year.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
I'm feeling really good about Williams especially if he can get his act cleaned up. He's that pure pass rusher we've been lacking since Doom started to fall off with injuries and age. I think Humphrey'll be a better player in the long run, hopefully a more durable Jimmy Smith, cause I've read some reports that Williams doesn't have the greatest football IQ and struggled with the Alabama scheme a bit, but I think he'll nevertheless be the most promising this year.
I heard the same thing about Reuben Foster

zevenate

Practice Squad
I heard the same thing about Reuben Foster

Really? Admittedly I only did a little research this year but I never saw that. Interesting, might have been the combination of his injuries and that that caused us to shy away from picking him

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Really? Admittedly I only did a little research this year but I never saw that. Interesting, might have been the combination of his injuries and that that caused us to shy away from picking him
We will never know, but I've been a fan of Humphrey for forever

bMore Heathen

Practice Squad
Correct, no one we have had has had his explosion and speed. Do you have any idea how hard it is to come up with a good spin move. His is amazing and his balance is awesome. Check out your sports science on Timmy Williams if you haven't seen it already

I have not, do you have a link?

gtalk12

Ravens Ring of Honor
I am really happy wth Williams. I was going crazy when we didn't take him in the 2nd round

jdynamite

Ravens Ring of Honor
While I wasn't the biggest fan of the Humphrey pick. He's a quality player that will provide depth at the CB position.

I didn't realize the kid doesn't turn 21 for 2 more months, heck I thought Njoku was the youngest player but Humphrey is 2 days younger than him.

I'm excited for Williams because I know the kid has got to be angry that he was a Top 20 talent that went in 3rd round. If he's allowed to play that situational pass rusher, who knows it could be like A.Smith rookie year. I don't mean equaling the 14 sacks because that's exceptional production but he could just step in pin his ears back and pass rush.

Also don't sleep on Judon, he's going to improve too.

mc_red23

Pro Bowler
I enjoyed watching Humphrey play last season - last drive in the Championship game aside - and he was surprisingly quite high up on my board when we were about to pick in the 1st round so I'm definitely happy with adding him to the backfield. His age is an added bonus too.

When it comes to the Williams pick, he's one player I wanted at 16 very early in the draft process so I was delighted when we selected him in the 3rd round. I genuinely thought he was out of our reach once we got past the 2nd round.

Jacquouille

Ravens Ring of Honor
Supporter
Watching Williams' highlight is like watching a documentary on how to rush the passer. He puts on a clinic, like he never wins with the same move twice. People who say he's not ready or he's a one-trick-pony make me go facepalm.