• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Countdown to Kick Off

K-Dog

MVP
View attachment 169

7 Kyle Boller days to kickoff.

Would you believe I had that same one saved as of a few days ago?

I am not ashamed to admit. I am a Kyle Boller fan.
Now don't get me wrong. I know he would never have been elite or what have you. But he was good. Sometimes very good ( see the undefeated Patriots game ) And yes sometimes he was very bad.
I always felt like he was on the brink of putting all the pieces together and figuring it out.
Any QB if they got knocked around as much as Boller did would be a good bit shell shocked.
If he could have had a little better protection and calmed down a good bit, he would have been more consistent.

I remember when he got hurt and had to leave the game. The "fans" at the stadium cheered.
Apparently Boller asked a teammate "Are they cheering because I got hurt? "
It was a shameful moment for sure.
He took abuse from every direction. He never pointed the finger. He never chucked the blame. He was more often than not good and classy to the fans and media.

I hate the way things ended here for Kyle Boller. Although it opened the door for Flacco I really felt like he deserved to leave under better terms and conditions.

Unfortunately he couldn't really get it together in Oakland either. He retired mediocre at best, I personally thought it could have been more than that.

Somerset Ravens

Pro Bowler
Would you believe I had that same one saved as of a few days ago?

I am not ashamed to admit. I am a Kyle Boller fan.
Now don't get me wrong. I know he would never have been elite or what have you. But he was good. Sometimes very good ( see the undefeated Patriots game ) And yes sometimes he was very bad.
I always felt like he was on the brink of putting all the pieces together and figuring it out.
Any QB if they got knocked around as much as Boller did would be a good bit shell shocked.
If he could have had a little better protection and calmed down a good bit, he would have been more consistent.

I remember when he got hurt and had to leave the game. The "fans" at the stadium cheered.
Apparently Boller asked a teammate "Are they cheering because I got hurt? "
It was a shameful moment for sure.
He took abuse from every direction. He never pointed the finger. He never chucked the blame. He was more often than not good and classy to the fans and media.

I hate the way things ended here for Kyle Boller. Although it opened the door for Flacco I really felt like he deserved to leave under better terms and conditions.

Unfortunately he couldn't really get it together in Oakland either. He retired mediocre at best, I personally thought it could have been more than that.

Fans cheering when Kyle Boller got hurt certainly was a sad moment in Ravens history.

RaineV1

Ravens Ring of Honor
ea09b_3036.jpg

Six Steve Hauschka days until kickoff.

Ravensnation5220

Ravens Ring of Honor
I have a feeling were gonna wreck the Bengals. Their oline stands no chance against our front 7 (that everyone in the media world seem to vastly overlook)

I mean we kept 8 Dlineman for 3 positions lol....were stacked up front. Fresh bodies all game should wear out that bengals oline and should make for an ugly second half.

Also, ive been noticing a trend with bad special teams play opening week of college football and throughout the preseason. Hopefully we can take advantage of other teams special teams mistakes early on in the season ala blocked punt or feild goal

Adreme

Ravens Ring of Honor
I have a feeling were gonna wreck the Bengals. Their oline stands no chance against our front 7 (that everyone in the media world seem to vastly overlook)

I mean we kept 8 Dlineman for 3 positions lol....were stacked up front. Fresh bodies all game should wear out that bengals oline and should make for an ugly second half.

Also, ive been noticing a trend with bad special teams play opening week of college football and throughout the preseason. Hopefully we can take advantage of other teams special teams mistakes early on in the season ala blocked punt or feild goal

I mean I agree the Ravens are going to destroy the Bengals, but they will not be rotating 8 Dlinemen. 6 at most will dress for Sunday which is still a nice rotation but they reason they kept 8 is to likely develop them over time.

Ravensnation5220

Ravens Ring of Honor
I mean I agree the Ravens are going to destroy the Bengals, but they will not be rotating 8 Dlinemen. 6 at most will dress for Sunday which is still a nice rotation but they reason they kept 8 is to likely develop them over time.
Or trade bait. I think theyll likely sit Davis and Henry week 1.

Militant X 1

Ravens Ring of Honor

What have you seen from the Ravens in those 4 preseason games w/o Flacco that gives you that type of feeling?

Tank

Hall of Famer
ea09b_3036.jpg

Six Steve Hauschka days until kickoff.

Gotta say I was happy that Steve did well in Seattle. It was hard not to feel bad for him his rookie when he was missing the clutch kicks for us. When we cut him I remember thinking he would ever get his nerve back and always be a choker.

Militant X 1

Ravens Ring of Honor
Game one excitement and optimism.
Can't fault anyone for that.

I don't fault anyone for being excited or for what their opinion may be and neither should anyone fault me for mine. While I am excited about the opening season like the next person I try to stay very level headed where our team's performance is concerned. Especially from the offensive side of the ball! I'm just not sold on those boys until they demonstrate some consistency.

Last edited:

K-Dog

MVP
And, sadly enough, Joe Flacco is the common denominator of all of them.

Not the only common denominator.
Not only that, being a common denominator does not nessicarilly equate the issue.

As an example, Ray Lewis was the common denominator with not only our best season record ever, but out worst season record ever.
Team sports are just that. Team.

Militant X 1

Ravens Ring of Honor
Not the only common denominator.
Not only that, being a common denominator does not nessicarilly equate the issue.

As an example, Ray Lewis was the common denominator with not only our best season record ever, but out worst season record ever.
Team sports are just that. Team.

I never said that he was the only common denominator. I was actually editing that statement out as you were quoting it. I merely threw him in the equation based upon how I see this offense. And to me, it all starts with our QB and his performance. I want this offense to do well and look good doing it-I really do! However, it just hasn't done that for years. Hopefully, this is the season!

Willbacker

Ravens Ring of Honor
What have you seen from the Ravens in those 4 preseason games w/o Flacco that gives you that type of feeling?

Its the defense!! We don't need no stinking touchdowns but seriously we gotta hope its gonna be better with Joe.

Militant X 1

Ravens Ring of Honor
Its the defense!! We don't need no stinking touchdowns but seriously we gotta hope its gonna be better with Joe.

I know it's not the offense....that's for sure! Seriously though, I really hope that they show us something significant this season.

Willbacker

Ravens Ring of Honor
I know it's not the offense....that's for sure! Seriously though, I really hope that they show us something significant this season.

Yeah. It worries me that Joe hasn't practiced with Maclin really and I haven't seen much out of the TE's. Where's his security blanket lol? Woodhead? Chrissakes this could be bad!!