• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Week 16 Discussion (Merry Christmas!)

JO_75

Hall of Famer
source.gif

T'was days before Christmas, not a player was stirring, not even AB. The stockings were hung by the chimney with care, in hopes of Division Titles, Home Field Advantages & playoff berths would soon be there. The players were nestled all snug in their beds, while visions of Lombardis danc'd in their heads. When out on the field, arose such a clatter. A day of Saturday NFL Football, no more Thursday Night Football!

Texans @ Buccaneers (Sat 1PM NFL Network): The Texans travel aboard the SS Buccaneer in search for the AFC South Title, while the Bucs are ready to play spoiler and keep the Texans from the gold they seek. The only two players out for the Houston are Linebackers Jacob Martin and Benardrick McKinney, while the Bucs will be without WR Chris Godwin for this game.

Bills @ Patriots (Sat 4:30PM NFL Network): The Bills are ending this decade on a high note as they clinched a playoff spot for the second time in three seasons. With a win on Saturday, a post Christmas miracle in week 17 from the Dolphins, they can dethrone the Patriots and take the AFC East Title. We are finding out a bit more about Josh Allen, much like Lamar he likes to run and use his legs, but in a less electrifying way. The Patriots seem to get off on beating up on some bad teams while looking deflated against real teams like the Ravens, Texans and Chiefs. A win over the Bills clinches the AFC East once again for New England and a Chiefs loss clinches a first round bye. A win for Buffalo may just signal that with a new decade, a new top team emerges atop the AFC East.

Rams @ 49ers (Sat 8:15PM NFL Network): Speaking from experience, it's always good to make sure the player doesn't get the ball across the goal line ok 49ers? The 49ers come into this game dropping two of their last three games trying to get back to that number one seed. They will be without Dee Ford, Safety Jaquiski Tartt and DT Julian Taylor while the Rams will be without CB Troy Hill. Regardless of a win or loss, all eyes are set on Week 17 where the NFC West can be won. For the Rams, they need a win and Vikings loss to stay in the playoff hunt and be the Grinch of the Vikings Christmas come week 17.

Jaguars @ Falcons: The Jaguars got rid of their Grinch in Tom Coughlin who has seemingly lost touch with today's NFL and now the Jags move forward in hopes of making 2020 more like 2017. With the Falcons playing well late in the year, Dan Quinn may have made it into the new decade as the Falcons Head Coach as Arthur Blank may be willing to give him another year. Does Doug Marrone stay in Jacksonville? It seems Khan is willing to give him and GM Dave Caldwell one more year to turn things around without Mean old Mr. Coughlin.

Saints @ Titans: The good news for the Titans? They don't have to play this game in the Super Dome in New Orleans but the bad news is they still have to play the Saints. Drew Brees comes into this game looking to extend his all time TD record and staying in the hunt for home field advantage. Tennessee needs this game to keep pace with the Steelers for the final wild card spot. Tennessee already upset Kansas City earlier this season, can they do so again against the Saints?

Panthers @ Colts: Carolina heads to Indianapolis to take on the Colts as rookie Will Grier takes over for Kyle Allen in his first career start. The Colts look to rebound after being blown out by the Saints on Monday Night. With both teams having nothing to play for, this is just a game to hopefully build momentum for next season.

Bengals @ Dolphins: TANK BOWL!!! Given how these final two weeks play out, there are scenarios where the Bengals could win out, tie with the Dolphins and lose the Joe Burrow sweepstakes to the Dolphins via Strength of Schedule, the Giants could still end up with the first pick based on SOS and could trade the pick to some team looking to leap frog the Bengals and Dolphins for Burrow. So my question is, who wants Joe Burrow more?

Steelers @ Jets: Let's hope Le'Veon Bell isn't off bowling on Saturday night before facing his former team, the Pittsburgh Steelers. Bell nearly ran for 100 yards against the Ravens, and it may be a bit tougher this week given the play of the Steelers defense in recent weeks. The Jets have a chance in this one if Devlin Hodges doesn't have a good game, if the Jets win this would be quite the upset and keep the Titans hopes alive for the final playoff spot in week 17.

Giants @ Redskins: The Eli Manning farewell tour is over and the Giants are turning things back over to Daniel Jones against the Redskins. Redskins already fired Jay Gruden and Pat Shurmur seems to be joining him come Black Monday. It's crazy to think that the entire NFC East could see 75% of the division all with new head coaches next season. Both teams look for anything to build toward next year, can the Redskins fan just get a new Owner for Christmas already?

Lions @ Broncos: Unlike the Redskins or Giants, the Lions are keeping their Head Coach as Matt Patricia and GM Bob Quinn get another year to get the Lions to believe in the Patriot way. Drew Lock surprised everyone by beating the Texans, then got stuck in the snow in KC and came back down to earth. It seems Drew Lock is the starter moving forward and the Joe Flacco experiment is done come 2020. Elway better hope Lock is the quarterback to take the Broncos into the next decade, otherwise his name being John Elway may just be a name and a real GM may be seeked out.

Raiders @ Chargers: The Raiders get an unofficial final home game in LA, while Philip Rivers may have played his final home game for the Chargers pending retirement or how free agency plays out. Both teams have nothing to play for here, the Raiders look to build momentum as they get ready to take over Sin City. Will Rivers give the California crowd one final win before leaving the team or will the Raiders ruin Rivers' final game in California.

Cowboys @ Eagles: Someone has to win the division and host a playoff game regardless of their record, and Dallas can clinch the NFC East and the fourth seed with a win on Sunday. Philly can only win the division by winning their final two games of the year. The Eagles will be without Lane Johnson in a crucial game that will decide the division. Should be interesting to see if Dak's shoulder affects the way he throws the ball and if that will hurt the Cowboys in their hopes of clinching the NFC East.

Cardinals @ Seahawks: The Seahawks have stumbled late in the season but much like the 49ers, regardless win or lose it all comes down to Week 17. Arizona showed some bright spots this season but need a couple offseasons with some good drafts to set this team up in the new decade.

Chiefs @ Bears: If Bears GM Ryan Pace had the chance to redo the 2017 Draft, do you think he would have traded up one spot to take Deshaun Watson? Or perhaps take the QB who won the league MVP last season and who the Bears defense has to try to shutdown in Patrick Mahomes? The Bears have nothing to play for but the Chiefs are still battling with the Patriots for the second seed in the AFC. Ryan Pace now gets to see firsthand how bad he screwed up when he drafted Mitchell Trubisky over Deshaun Watson and Patrick Mahomes.

Packers @ Vikings: Crazy stat heading into this weekend, since the Vikings opened US Bank Stadium, The Packers are 0-3 when playing in this stadium. Kirk Cousins is 0-7 on Monday Night Football, meaning barring a tie, someone is ending their streak. The Packers can clinch the NFC North with a win. If the Vikings were to lose, it may not matter if the Rams lose on Saturday as a Rams loss gives the Vikings an early Christmas present and a clinched playoff spot.

Willbacker

Ravens Ring of Honor
Good lord Will Grier is starting? Never thought I'd say this but #Colts Kick Some ASS. POS!!!

These sat games are freaking banging. About damn time.

JO_75

Hall of Famer
Good lord Will Grier is starting? Never thought I'd say this but #Colts Kick Some ASS. POS!!!

These sat games are freaking banging. About damn time.

I'd be for Saturday Night Football replacing Thursday Night Football for the entire year but then the NFL is treading on College Football at that point.

Willbacker

Ravens Ring of Honor
I'd be for Saturday Night Football replacing Thursday Night Football for the entire year but then the NFL is treading on College Football at that point.

Same here. I really don't like TNF. Mainly cuz of health concerns and quick preparation bit I also get up early on Fridays. Dammit.

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
This one compares to when college refs called games during strike. Pretty shocking what they missed so far and it's still first quarter.

JO_75

Hall of Famer
I'm torn on the Bills-Patriots. I want the Pats to lose but man I' rather KC have that extra playoff game before coming to Baltimore in the AFC Championship.

JO_75

Hall of Famer
Winston has thrown three interceptions so far.... if the Bucs decide to keep him and give him another year that whole front office should be fired.

JO_75

Hall of Famer
Wow..... The Bucs just evened up the scoreboard before the half, and this might just end up dooming the Texans. Tennessee may get an extra week to win the AFC South if the Texans keep letting the Bucs stay in the game.

JO_75

Hall of Famer
Using ESPN's Playoff machine, if the Texans lose this game and the Titans game in week 17, there is a possibility of them missing the playoffs and the Steelers getting the final wild card spot over Houston. That's insane.

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
I came close to calling Boyle the worst form of human scum when he bobbled that TD pass against the Bills. Shit, if ANY of our players dropped that easy ass catch that Brate just dropped, I'd be fuming LMAO.

JAAM

Hall of Famer
I like how Perriman and Waller want to be studs now

JAAM

Hall of Famer
Jamies is awful