• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Game by Game Regular Season Predictions Thread

Oldfaithful

Hall of Famer
So let's do this. This is what I think is going to happen for the regular season.

@Bengals: L. While I do think that they are overrated(they don't have an offensive line anymore), they do still have a good enough of a defense to give our offense a lot of problems. AJ Green or Ross will likely get a big play or two. Overall, a low scoring affair, but they come out on top.
Vs. Browns: W... They're the Browns. I don't give a rat's ass if they've improved. We here this story every year. "New look Cleveland Browns. New talented draft picks". Yet they NEVER come together because they're utterly incompetent as a franchise. Idc who they roll out at QB. We'd fuck up Kizer and Oswiler is a LOL QB.
Vs. Jaguars: W. See above. We hear about how exciting the jaguars will be in the future. Blake Bortles will likely be himself and go derp in the fourth quarter. Their defense is good, but they have a LOL level offensive line with only one good player, and I think we could shut down their offense entirely.
Vs. Steelers: W. Revenge. Plain and simple. We've tailor made our defense to shut their offense down. And their defense honestly doesn't scare me.
@ Raiders: L. Yeah we're losing. Derek Carr will likely be back in MVP form, they have a lot of weapons, a good line, and a good defense. They're just bettter. Plain and simple.
Vs. Chicago: W. Not many teams in the league are this untalented. Their entire offense runs through Jordan Howard, and I think Trubisky is going to be a massive bust at the NFL level, and Andy Dalton at best.
@ Vikings: L. Even though I am not a big fan of Bradford at all, their defense will likely shut down our offense and they pull out of this trap game with a victory.
Vs. Dolphins: W. Am I the only one who thinks they didn't get better? Defense is good, but not good enough. Offense is good but I think our defense can shut them down.
@ Titans: L. Low key a super bowl contender. Good defense, if Mariota comes back healthy, a great offense with an elite offensive line, good weapons with Decker and Davis, and a very good RB in Murray. They win this one.
@ Packers: L. Even coming off a bye, Aaron Rodgers picks our defense apart like he does with basically everyone.
Vs. Texans: L. Once again a trap game. With JJ Watt back the defense should be a lot better, and Watson(even if he needs a ton of work) will likely be able to lead a very talented offense to victory here. Also four game losing streak will have people calling for Harb's head. With our crap oline, Flacco gets killed.
Vs. Lions: W. We break our losing streak here. Truth be told, I'm not too afraid of this Lions team. They have a good offense and some good players on the defense, but they need to improve all around. They were good last year, but I don't expect much in the near future.
@ Steelers: L. I don't see us beating them in their house. The rivalry will keep the game close. But I cannot see us winning it. Some bullshit will happen at the last second.
@ Browns: W.... They're the Browns.
Vs. Colts: W. Andrew Luck is a better QB than Flacco... But that's about it. He's more or less their entire team, and the defense isn't very good. Even though they are coming off of a good draft, he's going to need more help.
Vs. Bengals. W. Andy Dalton is nearing winter meaning he should start sucking very soon. With his terrible offensive line, our defense will eat him alive.

So yeah. 9-7. Could easily go 7-9. I could see us missing the playoffs entirely(in fact, it's what I predict), or making the wild card, where we inevitably stomp the Cheifs(Alex Smith LOL), or beat the Titans(because they have 0 postseason experience) or something to get eliminated in New England. Most of these loses are low scoring affairs, and we lose because we cannot run the ball due to this line, which I still have 0 confidence in. Of course, this isn't factoring injuries, but I think this is what happens. I don't see us as a playoff team, wild card at best. Next year should be our year where we have 0 key free agents and a good amount of cap so we can actually acquire an offensive lineman, and possibly draft a good RB.

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
So let's do this. This is what I think is going to happen for the regular season.

@Bengals: L. While I do think that they are overrated(they don't have an offensive line anymore), they do still have a good enough of a defense to give our offense a lot of problems. AJ Green or Ross will likely get a big play or two. Overall, a low scoring affair, but they come out on top.
Vs. Browns: W... They're the Browns. I don't give a rat's ass if they've improved. We here this story every year. "New look Cleveland Browns. New talented draft picks". Yet they NEVER come together because they're utterly incompetent as a franchise. Idc who they roll out at QB. We'd fuck up Kizer and Oswiler is a LOL QB.
Vs. Jaguars: W. See above. We hear about how exciting the jaguars will be in the future. Blake Bortles will likely be himself and go derp in the fourth quarter. Their defense is good, but they have a LOL level offensive line with only one good player, and I think we could shut down their offense entirely.
Vs. Steelers: W. Revenge. Plain and simple. We've tailor made our defense to shut their offense down. And their defense honestly doesn't scare me.
@ Raiders: L. Yeah we're losing. Derek Carr will likely be back in MVP form, they have a lot of weapons, a good line, and a good defense. They're just bettter. Plain and simple.
Vs. Chicago: W. Not many teams in the league are this untalented. Their entire offense runs through Jordan Howard, and I think Trubisky is going to be a massive bust at the NFL level, and Andy Dalton at best.
@ Vikings: L. Even though I am not a big fan of Bradford at all, their defense will likely shut down our offense and they pull out of this trap game with a victory.
Vs. Dolphins: W. Am I the only one who thinks they didn't get better? Defense is good, but not good enough. Offense is good but I think our defense can shut them down.
@ Titans: L. Low key a super bowl contender. Good defense, if Mariota comes back healthy, a great offense with an elite offensive line, good weapons with Decker and Davis, and a very good RB in Murray. They win this one.
@ Packers: L. Even coming off a bye, Aaron Rodgers picks our defense apart like he does with basically everyone.
Vs. Texans: L. Once again a trap game. With JJ Watt back the defense should be a lot better, and Watson(even if he needs a ton of work) will likely be able to lead a very talented offense to victory here. Also four game losing streak will have people calling for Harb's head. With our crap oline, Flacco gets killed.
Vs. Lions: W. We break our losing streak here. Truth be told, I'm not too afraid of this Lions team. They have a good offense and some good players on the defense, but they need to improve all around. They were good last year, but I don't expect much in the near future.
@ Steelers: L. I don't see us beating them in their house. The rivalry will keep the game close. But I cannot see us winning it. Some bullshit will happen at the last second.
@ Browns: W.... They're the Browns.
Vs. Colts: W. Andrew Luck is a better QB than Flacco... But that's about it. He's more or less their entire team, and the defense isn't very good. Even though they are coming off of a good draft, he's going to need more help.
Vs. Bengals. W. Andy Dalton is nearing winter meaning he should start sucking very soon. With his terrible offensive line, our defense will eat him alive.

So yeah. 9-7. Could easily go 7-9. I could see us missing the playoffs entirely(in fact, it's what I predict), or making the wild card, where we inevitably stomp the Cheifs(Alex Smith LOL), or beat the Titans(because they have 0 postseason experience) or something to get eliminated in New England. Most of these loses are low scoring affairs, and we lose because we cannot run the ball due to this line, which I still have 0 confidence in. Of course, this isn't factoring injuries, but I think this is what happens. I don't see us as a playoff team, wild card at best. Next year should be our year where we have 0 key free agents and a good amount of cap so we can actually acquire an offensive lineman, and possibly draft a good RB.
Your post is on point, however i think we beat either tiatans or texans. 9-7 or 10-6

Jacquouille

Ravens Ring of Honor
Supporter
I don't see us losing against the Bengals. Their OL is absolutely garbage, it's just that bad. Dalton can't play under pressure and Ross still hasn't practiced. Their defense isn't that good, apart from their DL.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
@cin: W, I think we come out of the gates hot, full offseason of flacco working with his new targets with the same OC who was coming along stronger towards the end. Limited film of flacco with perriman and no film of flacco with maclin. No film on our new array of versatile defensive weapons could make our defense very unpredictable. Atkins and Willis should have big games, and that will keep the game close and ugly, but our defense will suffocate them so badly that they can't overcome

Cle: W, will probably be another close one, they bring their a game to play us, and this is no exception. Cleveland is up and coming but ultimately they don't have the firepower at qb to make plays vs our secondary and a possible bombs away passing game. Coming out party for our WRs

@Jax: L, London gives us a hard time, but their front seven gives us a harder time. We can't stop their front seven at all this game.

Disclaimer: on this 3-0 start we don't look impressive, but scrape by in all 3

Pit: L, after this loss we get very excited about the return of Dixon who could've been a difference maker here. The steelers secondary and OL have improved enough to counter the things we do well. Pass rush is neutralized, WRs don't gain separation but ball skills win the day.

@oak: L, our defense shuts down the run game except for a few chunk runs by beast mode, and Derek carrs improvising is too much to handle. Amari Cooper moves around and runs wild on us. The front seven gives us hell.

Chi: W, blowout.

@min: L, their front seven makes our OL look pitiful.

Mia: W, they don't counter us well. I don't see how they beat us. I think you need an excellent front seven to beat the ravens this year, make our offense worthless so you don't have to score much to win, because you won't score much, the dolphins don't have the formula to beat us.

@tenn: W, our defense will be too smart and athletic for mariora to use his legs, he can beat teams with his arm, but I'm not sure he beats US with his arm. They have a solid defense but are far from spectacular, don't think they exploit our OL enough.

@GB: W, we actually make Rodgers look human, this is a different team than in years past and our secondary isn't getting worked up and down the field anymore. Our pass rush goes nuts, our secondary shuts it down, Rodgers has pedestrian numbers and their defense does them no favors. Surprise for the world here.

Hou: L, they get slick here and overload the right side with watt and clowney all day, dominate our front, and possibly keep us from scoring a single TD. If we see the end zone, it will likely be due to a short field caused by deshaun Watson. This will be a game of absolute dominance from both defenses but our OL can't even begin to stop them

Det: W, our defense shuts everything down, they have a good wr group but not elite, stafford gets harassed and flustered and throws picks. Don't have the firepower on defense

@pit: W, we get over the hump this time. We're able to move the ball on the ground and that is the difference this time, Dixon is a difference maker.

@cle: W, late season Ravens vs browns is a blowout, were hitting our stride and they are looking better but are still the browns. This is the beginning of the spiral their fans were expecting.

Ind: W, luck is still a pick machine and they have nothing on defense and a pretty weak OL. Luck has his moments because of his talent but our defense is too much, run game gets loose, big plays. Indy threatens often but fails to capitalize

Cin: W, they're out of the hunt completely by now, The fan base is beginning to turn on dalton as they finally see the scrub that he is due to having no OL. They look as pitiful as we looked week 17 last year.

That's 11-5... I don't think we go 11-5, but week by week matchup breakdown says we have a chance. We aren't consistent enough for that, some of these Ws I have will be Ls, likely GB and one of cinci/pit

Sooky

Pro Bowler
No lie this seems like the season the Ravens squeak the playoffs and beat two good teams and then would lose to a derpy team in the AFC Championship. I could see something like the Ravens beating the Steelers wildcard week and then them beating the Patriots... To then lose to a team like the Texans.

Jacquouille

Ravens Ring of Honor
Supporter
No lie this seems like the season the Ravens squeak the playoffs and beat two good teams and then would lose to a derpy team in the AFC Championship. I could see something like the Ravens beating the Steelers wildcard week and then them beating the Patriots... To then lose to a team like the Texans.
Seeing how our team is built, it very well could happen if HOU makes it this far.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Seeing how our team is built, it very well could happen if HOU makes it this far.
I actually think we're built very well to take it the patriots. But the Texans should
Absolutely steamroll us. NFL is a league of matchups, and we don't matchup well against totally dominant front sevens

Jacquouille

Ravens Ring of Honor
Supporter
I actually think we're built very well to take it the patriots. But the Texans should
Absolutely steamroll us. NFL is a league of matchups, and we don't matchup well against totally dominant front sevens
That's how I view it as well. Then again, their offense isn't better than ours so it's not set in stone. But I'd prefer taking on the Pats.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
That's how I view it as well. Then again, their offense isn't better than ours so it's not set in stone. But I'd prefer taking on the Pats.
i realise their pass rush is pretty incredible but i have to say i think aj bouye is a really underrated loss for that team - they had 3 players ascend to help replace jj watt - in clowney, bouye and mckinney and obviously bouye is now away in jax - im clutching at straws here but i dont think its a stone-cold fact that they will be able to get watt, clowney and mercilus on the field consistently without dropping mercilus into coverage a lot (or at least showing that way)

Jacquouille

Ravens Ring of Honor
Supporter
i realise their pass rush is pretty incredible but i have to say i think aj bouye is a really underrated loss for that team - they had 3 players ascend to help replace jj watt - in clowney, bouye and mckinney and obviously bouye is now away in jax - im clutching at straws here but i dont think its a stone-cold fact that they will be able to get watt, clowney and mercilus on the field consistently without dropping mercilus into coverage a lot (or at least showing that way)
Bouye is a huge loss that makes this defense less scary, but I don't trust our QB to take enough advantage of that.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Your post is on point, however i think we beat either tiatans or texans. 9-7 or 10-6
this is pretty much how I view it as well. Pretty much everything else Lost was on point.

I also see thr Ravens sweeping the Bengals.

Last edited:

The Greek

Veteran
i see one loss to pitt. oakland, gb, and one to either minn or tenn. so 12-4 but there is always that unexpected loss so 11-5 if all goes well. key will be the o-line holding up enough to give us a running game that helps flacco do what we know he can do if he has the time.

JO_75

Hall of Famer

I'm only worried about Houston if Watson starts, Savage will hold them back and again QB play could hold them back from getting far in the playoffs. I actually think Indy or Tennessee will win the division due to having the better QB situation.

K-Dog

MVP
I see us splitting with Cincy.
Winning at home.
Sweeping Cleveland but not by more than 9 total points. This team is going to be a thorn in our side for quite a few years.

Unfortunately I see Pitts-burgh sweeping us. I see the week after London being a bit too much and SNF in Pitts-burgh being too much as well. Both games one possession margin.

I will take a guess at the rest of the schedule later.

jboy19

Pro Bowler
I'm surprised it seems to be the consensus that the Bengals are going to beat the Ravens this year. Don't get me wrong, Cincy definitely has the Raven's number in their stadium, but who on earth is going to block for them? It'll be pretty hard for them to get their usually needed AJ Green hail mary if (a) the Ravens secondary is healthy and (b) Cedric Ogbuehi is anywhere near the field.

Adreme

Ravens Ring of Honor
I'm surprised it seems to be the consensus that the Bengals are going to beat the Ravens this year. Don't get me wrong, Cincy definitely has the Raven's number in their stadium, but who on earth is going to block for them? It'll be pretty hard for them to get their usually needed AJ Green hail mary if (a) the Ravens secondary is healthy and (b) Cedric Ogbuehi is anywhere near the field.

Cinci was a below average football team that underachieved last year, but this year they are a 5-11 football team because they are worse this year in pretty much every phase of the game. They are better than Chicago which is the only nice thing I can say about them otherwise I would say they are one of the weakest if not the weakest team on the Ravens schedule.

jboy19

Pro Bowler
Cinci was a below average football team that underachieved last year, but this year they are a 5-11 football team because they are worse this year in pretty much every phase of the game. They are better than Chicago which is the only nice thing I can say about them otherwise I would say they are one of the weakest if not the weakest team on the Ravens schedule.

I honestly believe Cleveland is a better team than Cincy right now. And I don't think Cleveland is good.

Jacquouille

Ravens Ring of Honor
Supporter
I had to think about it... if joe is still throwing off his back foot, we are not making the playoffs
I understand it's concerning but you've been talking about it since the start of OTAs. We can't really know until we see for ourselves so let's focus on what we know.