• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Game by Game Regular Season Predictions Thread

Adreme

Ravens Ring of Honor
"Injuries and lack of depth make this a difficult unit to evaluate"

The moment I saw that sentence i knew entire article was trash. He talks about the defense like it has less depth than in the pasy when the reality is is that it has far more depth then ive seen in a long time.

Im trying to think of a position thay doesnt have a solid backup and i cant think of one.

Ignoring the "falling behind the Bengals" was probably a mistake as the first red flag, since the Ravens got better in the offseason and the Bengals very noticably did the opposite and finished 3 games behind already.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
"Injuries and lack of depth make this a difficult unit to evaluate"

I agree. When I read this, the first thought in my head was SERIOUSLY. I almost stopped reading but I thought I'd get a good laugh and continued reading.

Jacquouille

Ravens Ring of Honor
Supporter
In other words, "here's what the ravens were last year, but we have no clue what they did in the offseason"
I was more focused on the part where he explains some of our scheme, something I've never heard of from the local journalist. Of course he says stupid things like all national guys say, but don't mind that.

Sooky

Pro Bowler
Yeah it's crazy how the perception of their draft changes just because the qb was their 4th player now 2nd and arguably was just as draftable as the qbs taken in the top 12 picks
I mean look at their receivers, young talented tight end, solid duo of running backs, and probably the 2nd best o-line in the NFL. They have a couple decent pieces on defense as well with some young draft picks. Definitely will be interesting to see how they play

Adreme

Ravens Ring of Honor
I mean look at their receivers, young talented tight end, solid duo of running backs, and probably the 2nd best o-line in the NFL. They have a couple decent pieces on defense as well with some young draft picks. Definitely will be interesting to see how they play

The problem the Browns have is the same problem they had for 20 years and the same problem the Texans had last year, they have no QB. A few years ago the Browns built a pretty good team that if they had a real QB would have been a SB contender but they didnt have it so they did nothing just as if the Browns had someone like Carr right now I would say they would be an under the radar SB contender but they dont so they wont, they wil get 5-6 wins and call it a season.

Jacquouille

Ravens Ring of Honor
Supporter
That Garett-Ogunjobi-Shelton-Ogbah front looks nasty

Boldnpurpblack

Practice Squad
@Bengals: W
Vs. Browns: W
Vs. Jaguars: W
Vs. Steelers: W
@ Raiders: L
Vs. Chicago: W
@ Vikings: W
Vs. Dolphins: W
@ Titans: L
@ Packers: W
Vs. Texans: L
Vs. Lions: W
@ Steelers: L
@ Browns: W
Vs. Colts: W
Vs. Bengals. L

I think this is the year we finally sweep the Bengals - except we already have the playoffs locked up going into week 17 and rest starters. So we split.

But Perriman opens the season in a big way against the Bengals. They focus their coverage on Maclin, and shade help over Wallace.... and Perriman feasts. Puts the league on notice real quick that hes gonna be a different player this year, and that youre going to have to pick your poison with this WR group. Get paper cut to death with Maclin/Woodhead/TEs.... or bombs away to Perriman/Wallace.

Browns sweep, Steelers home/home split. We're winning in England.... since we've drafted Eluemenor theyve practically made us London of America... call it the conspiracy theorist in me, but the NFL isnt letting us lose that game. And Jermaine will get some snaps due to injury.

Raiders put a beating on us after a hot start. Like serious beat down.

We recover nicely with a cupcake, smackdown on Da Bears... we win a close defensive battle against Minnesota w/ Dixon getting his 1st start of the season and behind Roman's new run game he finally explodes onto the scene and becomes the unquestioned starter of the group.

Dolphins.... kill em. Joe carves them up again, well cuz theyre the Dolphins and thats what we do.

I like the Titans this year, and we struggle to shut down all the weapons they can throw at us. Low scoring affair but Mariota drives to a game winner late.

Joe has his finest game of the year in a duel w/ Rodgers where the difference is our Defense. Ours does more to stop Rodgers than his can do to stop Joe. Woodhead has a great game with 10 catches and 2 TD's.

Texans, we just seem to struggle with them in the regular season. I think Watson is starting by this point and he plays really well. And while i think our OL pans out better than most are expecting - Houston's front 7 is just too much for us. The run game doesnt go and Joe cant get a rhythm and we do nothing the 1st half. We get something going late, only for Joe to throw a late pick that kills any hope of a comeback.

Lions in our house - W. Dont scare me much at all.

Steelers need this one way more than we do, and beat us in a close game to keep their playoff hopes alive and within a game of the division lead.

Browns, yea.

Colts game is our most well balanced offensive game. Run and pass work equally well.... we cruise to a comfortable, but not blow out win.

LIke I said, divisions sewn up, with no chance at a 1st round bye (Raiders, Pats have secured those) so we rest guys and the Bengals get the win.

11-5.
#1 ranked Defense. Top 7 run game. Efficient passing game.

And we run the Steelers, Raiders, Patriots all the way to the SB (not really................. but yea really)

Barring no major injuries (beyond what normal teams face, obviously if Joe or Jimmy or Yanda or Mosley goes down... different story)