• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Undrafted Free Agents

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Please bring up some UDFA you would like to discuss in this thread.

There was a piece on BR.com regarding the KR/PR competition, with the leader being Campanero, but to keep an eye on Tim White. What are your thoughts on Tim White being the PR / KR. We have been lacking in this area and feel he could be who we are looking for.

Thoughts on this or any other UDFA?

Ravensnation5220

Ravens Ring of Honor
I like tim white as a returner but not a reciever. I think I read somewhere that the coach admitted he shoulda put him at corner.

I really like tyquan mizzel although idk how he makes the 53 man roster

rossihunter2

Staff Member
I'm also intrigued by Taquan mizzell but I can only find one game of his to watch where he was getting destroyed by a dominant defensive front disturbing him in the backfield anyway so I don't really know what to think of him - has anyone been able to watch more of him because his skillset and supposed open field ability is interesting to say the least - if he performs well he certainly has a chance to make the 53 if taliefero is definitely being groomed as a fb and with dixons suspension opening an extra roster spot for 4 weeks

Willbacker

Ravens Ring of Honor
I'm thinking possibly Pat Ricard may have a shot at dline. He did bench 33 times and had 47 tfl's in college which is extroidinary. Right now looking at the dline only Wormley, BWill, Pierce and Kaufusi are locks in my eye but I really do believe we'll sign a vet later on.

Sledge Hammer

Pro Bowler
Travin Dural , Avery Gennesy and Krishawn Hogan. Although probably already got signed. On side note how did we not bring in Malcolm Butler for a tryout?? He was DPOY of his conference and looks like a football player. Although barely 5'10 he has long arms and a strong frame.we would have a true NO.1 playmaking cornerback and Brady would have one less ring.

Adreme

Ravens Ring of Honor
We already have a true 1 cb, but to answer your question, we just missed on him. It happens and will again. You can't guess every big late round prospect.

Sledge Hammer

Pro Bowler
We already have a true 1 cb, but to answer your question, we just missed on him. It happens and will again. You can't guess every big late round prospect.

I'm not as impressed with jimmy Smith as most fans want to be. I mean he is a good solid cornerback that plays well within what the system asks of him. But he doesn't play with that he has as much right to the football as receivers do confidence and playmaking attitude like the truly elite playmaking cornerbacks. But he is our best.

Adreme

Ravens Ring of Honor
I'm not as impressed with jimmy Smith as most fans want to be. I mean he is a good solid cornerback that plays well within what the system asks of him. But he doesn't play with that he has as much right to the football as receivers do confidence and playmaking attitude like the truly elite playmaking cornerbacks. But he is our best.

Almost no other CB in the league last year could do what he did. They left in on an island in a way that most defenses just dont do. He could not afford to take risks to make big plays because he had NOTHING behind him. The truly disgusting part of how bad Shareece Wright was was that he also had the safeties basically hugging him every play and he still could not cover. With a legit CB opposite of him this year you will actually get to see Jimmy (who the stats showed as a top 5 CB so lets not sell last year short) be even better.

The Raven

Veteran
Kublanow and Nelson, the two UDFA centers we brought in. Both are intriguing.
I'm intrigued by Kublanaw. Georgia is known, I believe, for their running game. I want to see how he does at least. I think size could be his issue -- he's listed at under 300, and college measurables tend to be rounded up a bit, lol.

RaineV1

Ravens Ring of Honor
I'm intrigued by Kublanaw. Georgia is known, I believe, for their running game. I want to see how he does at least. I think size could be his issue -- he's listed at under 300, and college measurables tend to be rounded up a bit, lol.
Ravens' site and NFL's site has him listed at 302.

Jacquouille

Ravens Ring of Honor
Supporter
Tim White has a good shot at making the 53, he's electric as a returner and he impressed Mike Preston with his route running. Pat Ricard is a guy I'm also paying attention too, he already made some plays accordind to BR.com in a minicamp recap at one point.

We don't hear a lot about Tim Patrick and Quincy Adeboyejo...

Still think we'll keep a FB so Ortiz with his multi-purpose style may interest us, plus he's a great ST player.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Tim White has a good shot at making the 53, he's electric as a returner and he impressed Mike Preston with his route running. Pat Ricard is a guy I'm also paying attention too, he already made some plays accordind to BR.com in a minicamp recap at one point.

We don't hear a lot about Tim Patrick and Quincy Adeboyejo...

Still think we'll keep a FB so Ortiz with his multi-purpose style may interest us, plus he's a great ST player.

Remembering the last couple of years though, it's guys who weren't really noticed until preseason who made the team - guys like Michael pierce and zach Orr had very little buzz until preseason while higher profile guys may flash in minicamps but then disappear - I'd like these guys to push on but until I see them in preseason it's even more conjecture than with draft picks and 2nd year guys

Jacquouille

Ravens Ring of Honor
Supporter
Remembering the last couple of years though, it's guys who weren't really noticed until preseason who made the team - guys like Michael pierce and zach Orr had very little buzz until preseason while higher profile guys may flash in minicamps but then disappear - I'd like these guys to push on but until I see them in preseason it's even more conjecture than with draft picks and 2nd year guys
Basically those guys no one knew who they were, because they faced a very low level of competition, but at the same time Pierce measurables were out of this world. I don't know if we have a guy like that on the UDFA crew right now, but there are some guys to follow. But as you said, we're probably looking in the wrong direction. We were all on Ochi last year lol.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Basically those guys no one knew who they were, because they faced a very low level of competition, but at the same time Pierce measurables were out of this world. I don't know if we have a guy like that on the UDFA crew right now, but there are some guys to follow. But as you said, we're probably looking in the wrong direction. We were all on Ochi last year lol.

That's what I mean - pierce might have had the measurables but did anyone notice him until the preseason games - while we all were talking about Patrick onwuasor and victor ochi - the guys who do well in minicamp almost certainly were skill position types who made like 1 good looking play in the 3rd team practices

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Please bring up some UDFA you would like to discuss in this thread.

There was a piece on BR.com regarding the KR/PR competition, with the leader being Campanero, but to keep an eye on Tim White. What are your thoughts on Tim White being the PR / KR. We have been lacking in this area and feel he could be who we are looking for.

Thoughts on this or any other UDFA?
Obviously it's a little early in TC, but my UDFA pick so far has been shining.

Jacquouille

Ravens Ring of Honor
Supporter
This UDFA pool looks way better than I anticipated. Several guys that have a real roster shot (Ortiz, White, Ricard). White particularly looks great on the clips we've seen.

jboy19

Pro Bowler
It's really interesting that White is getting a lot of attention. If he can field punts well enough, he probably puts Camp and Reynolds off the roster.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
It's really interesting that White is getting a lot of attention. If he can field punts well enough, he probably puts Camp and Reynolds off the roster.
I'd really love to see Reynolds make and camp stay healthy but you are right. He really does put some pressure on them

rossihunter2

Staff Member

at worst he (as well as the griff whalen signing) puts them on notice that there are no free roster spots at wr - i see us only carrying 5 wrs given the lack of depth and the better depth at other positions so that slot/returner position is 100% open