• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Undrafted Free Agents

jboy19

Pro Bowler
at worst he (as well as the griff whalen signing) puts them on notice that there are no free roster spots at wr - i see us only carrying 5 wrs given the lack of depth and the better depth at other positions so that slot/returner position is 100% open

I could see 6 WRs possibly since it's only looking like 3 TEs are locks at this point. But yeah. I feel decent about that competition, have to think one of Camp, Reynolds, Whalen or White will step up.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
I could see 6 WRs possibly since it's only looking like 3 TEs are locks at this point. But yeah. I feel decent about that competition, have to think one of Camp, Reynolds, Whalen or White will step up.

with donnell coming in to replace crockett i feel like

4 tes: boyle, watson, williams and donnell
4 rbs: west, woodhead, taliafero +1hb (buck allen/taquan mizzell at the moment)

that's what i think at the moment - much like i did for the draft i keep a 53 man roster in an excel spreadsheet and at the moment i dont see 53 players worthy of the roster with the injuries etc. before injuries, retirements and suspensions that roster looked like a mess to sort out in terms of who was on the bubble but i genuinely see a lack of depth in this team at the moment - the top end talent looks pretty damn good in some positions and the starter level is pretty decent across the board except right tackle and centre but we lack so much depth with the injuries - we are down 3 tight ends now, 2 corners, 1 lb, 1 rb, 1 ol who i would have had nailed on to make the 53 man roster from the end of last year

now hopefully canady isnt sidelined for too long but outside of that there's not much else going on in terms of players becoming available who might not be for the opening day 53...

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Did anyone watch any of Tim Whites college tape. I plan on going back and watching some, but I don't remember seeing any of his tape.

K-Dog

MVP
Did anyone watch any of Tim Whites college tape. I plan on going back and watching some, but I don't remember seeing any of his tape.

I heard very positive stuff on this guy.
The video I saw he looked super fast and quick.

purplepittabread88

Staff Member
Administrator
I think it is on RAVENS.com. The video that is.
Trust me this guy will be a stud. He went to my current high school and we have this big brother bully school, who has beat us I believe 7 years in a row and like 19/20 years or something like that. It is the bigger "money" school. Anyway, the last time we beat them it was Tim White who made a fantastic play with under a minute left. He has clutch in his genes. Never have I wanted a player to make the roster more.

purplepittabread88

Staff Member
Administrator
Trust me this guy will be a stud. He went to my current high school and we have this big brother bully school, who has beat us I believe 7 years in a row and like 19/20 years or something like that. It is the bigger "money" school. Anyway, the last time we beat them it was Tim White who made a fantastic play with under a minute left. He has clutch in his genes. Never have I wanted a player to make the roster more.
Found the video:

Sami84

Ravens Ring of Honor
I watched his highlights and im actually really impressed. Why did he go undrafted? He looks like he's destined to be a really good returner at the very least.

purplepittabread88

Staff Member
Administrator
I watched his highlights and im actually really impressed. Why did he go undrafted? He looks like he's destined to be a really good returner at the very least.
I know of two reasons, one being he is kind of small, and the other is many teams thought he would choose track and field over football. (he was all state in that or something)

Sooky

Pro Bowler
Tim White was my favorite undrafted prospect on the team after reviewing film on all of them. I didn't like Patrick's chance of being on the roster and I believe he was cut the other day. I think I was hard on him day one and he went to school in my home state.

I think White will have a great shot at making the roster and I think he may even give Campanaro a run for his money. It sounds like he is making plays all over the field.

Sami84

Ravens Ring of Honor
Tim White was my favorite undrafted prospect on the team after reviewing film on all of them. I didn't like Patrick's chance of being on the roster and I believe he was cut the other day. I think I was hard on him day one and he went to school in my home state.

I think White will have a great shot at making the roster and I think he may even give Campanaro a run for his money. It sounds like he is making plays all over the field.

You also have to feel that with the sheer accumulation of camps injuries he's probably not the player he was even a couple of years ago despite being just 26.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
I wanted to go back into the UDFA thread that I started earlier in the summer to see how we as fans were in picking them out. @rossihunter2 hit the nail on the head with Pat Ricard making the final 53, while @Ravensnation5220, @Jacquouille @Sooky and myself picked Tim White as a player to keep an eye on. I apologize if I missed some, as I went through the thread quickly.

Anyway, I just wanted to bring this thread out of the archives to see how everyone did.

Ravensnation5220

Ravens Ring of Honor
I think we all knew that Jaylen hill would make the roster. Just wish he can get healthy again and get on the feild. We may need him down the road so we can spell webb for slot corner duties

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
I think we all knew that Jaylen hill would make the roster. Just wish he can get healthy again and get on the feild. We may need him down the road so we can spell webb for slot corner duties
The latter part of training camp and during the preseason we did, but prior to that no one was calling for him to make the team.

Willbacker

Ravens Ring of Honor
I wanted to go back into the UDFA thread that I started earlier in the summer to see how we as fans were in picking them out. @rossihunter2 hit the nail on the head with Pat Ricard making the final 53, while @Ravensnation5220, @Jacquouille @Sooky and myself picked Tim White as a player to keep an eye on. I apologize if I missed some, as I went through the thread quickly.

Anyway, I just wanted to bring this thread out of the archives to see how everyone did.

Not trying to nitpick here bro (yes I am ^_^) but in this thread only me and Jaq picked Ricard to make the team. Amazing that 3 made the team.

Sooky

Pro Bowler

God Tim White was a blow to this team. The rate he was progressing in the preseason was more than I have seen a wide receiver ever here in the offseason. He was going to be special in the slot and screen game.