• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Wildcard Weekend Discussion (Other Teams)

How many Wildcard Teams progress to the divisional round?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Ellicottraven

Ravens Ring of Honor
The Titans and the Chiefs are my two least favorite opponents. I kind of wanted NE to head to KC and maybe eek out a referee assisted win.

I really didn't want Tennessee.

It is what it is though. Between preparing for potential matchups against Buff and Tenn, the Ravens staff have probably given a lot of thought to how to stop the run on this type of team.
I like that we'll be battle hardened for the SB if we beat those two teams. But my sense is the Texans match up well against the Chiefs and may end up in the AFC championship game. I'm just hoping it's against us in Baltimore!

Militant X 1

Ravens Ring of Honor
Now, we got to prepare to lock up Henry!

Craven_Raven

Practice Squad
Damn shame we won’t see the Pats perfect game plan vs us huh.

You mean the one the super genius was devising when he purposely threw the regular season game just so he could scheme to humiliate the ravens in the playoffs? Yeah, I was looking forward to seeing Bill deploy his magnum opus gameplan. I’m sure Stephen A, Whitlock, and others will bemoan the opportunity being robbed from us.

the two teams with the worst records in the AFC playoff race down the stretch lost on wildcard weekend
Bills and Pats both went 4-4 over the last 8 games (now 4-5 if we include these 2 playoff games)
That bodes well for the undefeated team (in the last 8 weeks of the regular season).

I like that we'll be battle hardened for the SB if we beat those two teams. But my sense is the Texans match up well against the Chiefs and may end up in the AFC championship game. I'm just hoping it's against us in Baltimore!
Yeah, if they can make it through those teams, it will be somewhat reminiscent of the SB run when they had to go through Denver and (a much better) NE.

Texans match up well against the Chiefs, huh? Not my first thought, but if we get more excellent playoff performances, I'm not going to complain. My instinct was that you can't play a half game against KC and expect a win. Mahomes won't gift-wrap so many turnovers for them. And warm-weather dome teams just don't inspire post-season confidence in me when they have to go on the road to places like Arrowhead.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Yeah, if they can make it through those teams, it will be somewhat reminiscent of the SB run when they had to go through Denver and (a much better) NE.

Texans match up well against the Chiefs, huh? Not my first thought, but if we get more excellent playoff performances, I'm not going to complain. My instinct was that you can't play a half game against KC and expect a win. Mahomes won't gift-wrap so many turnovers for them. And warm-weather dome teams just don't inspire post-season confidence in me when they have to go on the road to places like Arrowhead.

I mean tbf the Texans did beat the chiefs earlier this year albeit there were multiple players hobbled or missing on both sides

I mean tbf the Texans did beat the chiefs earlier this year albeit there were multiple players hobbled or missing on both sides
True, but I just can't help but not take the Texans seriously in this particular game. Could be wrong though. I hope I am, in fact, because I much prefer a game against Houston than KC.

JO_75

Hall of Famer
Texans went into KC and beat the Chiefs 31-24 earlier in the year but as always playoff football is different. Also consider Andy Reid's success following a BYE week, plus Houston gets a big win only to have a let down the next week(IE, beat the Pats then get blown out by the Broncos the next week). Will Houston have their big let down next week?

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Texans went into KC and beat the Chiefs 31-24 earlier in the year but as always playoff football is different. Also consider Andy Reid's success following a BYE week, plus Houston gets a big win only to have a let down the next week(IE, beat the Pats then get blown out by the Broncos the next week). Will Houston have their big let down next week?

Hopefully the week after