• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Divisional Round Discussion (Other Teams)

How many of the road teams win in the divisional round?

Votes: 3 42.9%

Votes: 3 42.9%

Votes: 1 14.3%

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

rossihunter2

Staff Member
It's the best week of the NFL season when annually almost all of the bad teams are finally weeded out but we still have 4 football games to watch.

The entree at 4:35 ET on Saturday is Vikings at 49ers with Al, Cris and Michele - 1 vs 6 and the opportunity for Kirk Cousins to make a magical run continues but in all likeliness it ends in Santa Clara.

The main event at 8:15 ET on Saturday is Titans at Ravens unfortunately with Dan Fouts - another 1 vs 6 and hopefully not a high blood pressure game.

Texans at Chiefs at 3:05 ET on Sunday with Nantz, Romo and Wolfson and a rematch of a game the Texans won earlier in the year but this time Chris Jones and others are back in the lineup - Chiefs defence has been much improved to end the year but has been mostly untested by good offences so will be interesting to see how it holds up. Deshaun Watson has a knack for winning big games going back to his college days while it would surprise me if the Chiefs lost it wouldn't shock me.

Seahawks at Packers at 6:40 ET on Sunday with Buck, Aikman and Andrews and probably the game with the least chance of including a superbowl participant but who knows. Packers are the stronger and healthier and better rested team by far but have been unconvincing all through the year despite somehow ending up with the 2 seed. The seahawks will pose a challenge because they can't stop themselves from being in close games but ultimately I expect the Packers to have too much especially in the trenches for Seattle.

JO_75

Hall of Famer
Official Previews:

Vikings @ 49ers: If 2017 was the Minnesota Miracle, then last week was the Minnesota Miracle II, where the Vikings stunned the Saints once again and eliminated them from the playoffs. Push off or no push off, Kirk Cousins balled out and led his team to victory in OT at a time when his perception was a QB who couldn't win big games. The Saints defense choked away the game as Dalvin Cook gashed the Saints defense for 94 yards and 2 TDs, Adam Thielen had 129 yards receiving and they must duplicate that performance in order to pull off another upset. The only problem is the 49ers got healthy over the BYE week, and I mean very healthy. Minnesota is facing a 49ers defense that gets back Dee Ford, Jaquiski Tartt and Kwon Alexander returning from his own pectoral injury like JJ Watt. I expect a battle of two good defenses in a low scoring game and if the Vikings defense can stand tall, then Seattle or Green Bay will play host to the NFC Championship Game.

Texans @ Chiefs: The future of the AFC is so bright in this new decade, I may need to borrow Lamar's shades. Gone are the old guard of the AFC, in is the new guard of Lamar Jackson, Deshaun Watson and Patrick Mahomes. Sure Brady(and Ben) may still hang around like the cool dads but the kids are taking over. Watson vs Mahomes II, in their first game it was Watson who prevailed back in week six as the Texans went into Arrowhead and won 31-24. We'll see if Houston avoids a big letdown following a big win. The other factor here is Andy Reid's teams coming off a BYE and Reid having his team ready to play. We won't know the status of Will Fuller for this game just yet but a big concern is Chiefs DT Chris Jones who missed the game against Houston back in October, He was added to the injury report on Thursday with a calf injury, and if out, that will make Deshaun breathe a bit more after being sacked seven times in the win over the Bills. If KC's defense can get to Watson, it could be a long day for the Houston offense, but the same can be said for Patrick Mahomes who will be dealing with JJ Watt after his big game last week against the Bills. Regardless of the outcome, this won't be the first playoff meeting between these two this decade and the NFL will be thankful for it.

Seahawks @ Packers: This will be the first playoff meeting between these two teams since the 2014 NFC Championship Game in Seattle. This time the Packers are the home team and January at Lambeau means one thing.... COLD WEATHER. Weather forecast calls for temps in the 20's and high teens, and we'll see if that cools off a Seahawks team who is 8-1 on the road this season. The Packers look to get back to the NFC Championship Game for the first time since 2016, and may also be without one of their top defensive lineman Kenny Clark who missed practice with a back injury and head coach Matt LaFluer didn't sound quite confident he'll be able to suit up on Sunday. A concern for Seattle has to be the Packers' pass rush led by Za'Darius Smith who can take advantage of an offensive line that potentially could be without Duane Brown and George Fant has started in Brown's place but missed practice this week. Can Seattle end Aaron Rodgers and the Packers' season once again or will the Packers come out on top with a rematch against the 49ers or the Vikings?

Last edited:

Willbacker

Ravens Ring of Honor
All in all from for any pure serious football fan standpoint this is the best week of the season.

JO_75

Hall of Famer
Vikings need to show they want to win, they gave up when they were backed into their own end zone. Hopefully this turnover sparks something.

Militant X 1

Ravens Ring of Honor
Good game so far.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
I thought he may have been down from the look they showed before they broke for commercial

Ravensnation5220

Ravens Ring of Honor
Hate seeing 49ers take a knee there. 31 seconds left with 1 time out. Why not try and take a shot to get into field goal range.

Why I honestly love Harbaugh. He takes those shots and takes chances. Also doesn't hurt that we have Tucker but still. If you wanna win a superbowl you gotta be aggressive