• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Senior Bowl Thread

Willbacker

Ravens Ring of Honor
The East/West Shrine game is today. A great charity. Looked at the rosters and not one receivers name did I recognize lol. The Ravens usually grab a couple players out of this game. One name I noticed tho was Michael Divinity (LB from LSU). Good player that sat out a lot of the season for personal reasons. Could be a sleeper. Couple of Penn St guys (yay) in Steven Gonzalez a massive guard and John Reid (CB). Reid I've seen get burned a couple times but I've seen more better plays than worse. With good coaching could be a real steal. All and all looks like a bunch of day 3 picks.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
The East/West Shrine game is today. A great charity. Looked at the rosters and not one receivers name did I recognize lol. The Ravens usually grab a couple players out of this game. One name I noticed tho was Michael Divinity (LB from LSU). Good player that sat out a lot of the season for personal reasons. Could be a sleeper. Couple of Penn St guys (yay) in Steven Gonzalez a massive guard and John Reid (CB). Reid I've seen get burned a couple times but I've seen more better plays than worse. With good coaching could be a real steal. All and all looks like a bunch of day 3 picks.

highsmith could be the one to watch

Willbacker

Ravens Ring of Honor
highsmith could be the one to watch

Unfortunatly where I was at for the game the sound got turned down after the 1st qtr lol and I lost a lot of focus but from what I seen there was some damn good RBs in this game the main one catching my eye were Lemay and Killings on the East team but I'm thinking most defintly we going to take an RB on the 3rd day. Did not see Highsmith on defense do much (maybe later in the game) but there was a Highsmith or Hightower at WR and another dude Kinsey that looked like ballers. May want to add to your WR checklist.

I wanted to also check out the NFLPA game but never looked at the roster and have no opinion except one player Cole Christianso from Army who I read on the NFL app was playing and I watched a couple Army games believe it or not lol but this guy was a tackle machine. Its nice now people from the service academies can forgo entering the military immediately and have a chance at the NFL first.

JO_75

Hall of Famer
So Jalen Hurts was asked if he would play another position at the Senior Bowl.... probably the same people who said that to Lamar.

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
i mean he should absolutely back himself and there will be teams that take a chance on him because of Lamar but he's not the same - he's a worse thrower, worse reader, worse runner

but he's probably a higher pick as a qb
No way he goes day 1. That would be crazy.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
No way he goes day 1. That would be crazy.

i dont think he's going day 1 either - i meant hurts would be picked higher as a qb prospect than if hurts was picked as a player at any other position so his best bet is to make a stand and be picked for the position he's always played rather than changing position in the pre-draft process

i realise reading back that it could be read a different way so this is me clarifying lol

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
i dont think he's going day 1 either - i meant hurts would be picked higher as a qb prospect than if hurts was picked as a player at any other position so his best bet is to make a stand and be picked for the position he's always played rather than changing position in the pre-draft process

i realise reading back that it could be read a different way so this is me clarifying lol
Makes sense now ^_^

rossihunter2

Staff Member
really sucks the lack of live coverage of the senior bowl practices - more work gets done in those practices than in the game tbh - but from the OL vs DL drills that Voch Lombardi posted of day 1 it looks like marlon davidson is getting pass rush reps as an interior DL rather than on the edge which is really interesting - makes him far more draftable to the ravens if he's rushing from the interior - and he looked really good rushing against those interior OL

cdp

Ravens Ring of Honor
really sucks the lack of live coverage of the senior bowl practices - more work gets done in those practices than in the game tbh - but from the OL vs DL drills that Voch Lombardi posted of day 1 it looks like marlon davidson is getting pass rush reps as an interior DL rather than on the edge which is really interesting - makes him far more draftable to the ravens if he's rushing from the interior - and he looked really good rushing against those interior OL
I only saw some snippets but Denzel Mims looked great. Creating separation and good routes.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Called that one, had him pegged as a 5tech with kick-in ability in sub packages

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Called that one, had him pegged as a 5tech with kick-in ability in sub packages

had the best rush on voch's OL vs DL video of anyone and it came rushing at EDGE against a tackle - go figure - gonna have to go back to the tape on him because im a lot more excited about him now - had a really nice plan on all 3 of his rushes - some nice technique and refinement to go along with the athleticism too