• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Senior Bowl Thread

Grim

Ravens Ring of Honor
was not sold on davidson until the senior bowl - now id be ecstatic if we got him - it kind of threw his tape into a completely different light for me

would absolutely love to bring in any of those 4 guys - they would all add major value to this team
Davidson just popped on my radar with the Senior Bowl. I went back and watched two games and I liked what I saw. It’s all relative where we would need to draft him for me. If we’re talking second round then I don’t know. If we’re talking 3rd round trade up or lower then that’s an easy decision. Cushenberry is a guy I liked while watching Jefferson. He’s only looking better at the Senior Bowl too, which bodes very well

Charm City

Pro Bowler
Has anyone seen any of Bradlee Anae's tape, outside of the Senior Bowl?

Just went back and watched the Pac12 championship game against Oregon and didn't see a difference from my first analysis. Got washed out of his running lanes by the LT a few times, Herbert beat him on the read-option a few times, and the only pressure I saw him generate was once on a spin move that wasn't anything special.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
haha what? justin herbert just got senior bowl mvp despite these facts:

1) his team lost
2) he only scored 7 points in his 1 quarter despite having the best talent around him
3) bradlee anae and josh uche literally had like 6 sacks between them and also caused an int each and basically won the game for their team
4) josh kelley had over 100 yards rushing... in the senior bowl
5) anthony gordon had 2 tds in his 1 quarter of playing time with lesser talent around him

what a ridiculous award lol - absolutely 100% it should have been anae or uche

Sami84

Ravens Ring of Honor
Be wary of Senior Bowl standouts

ie: The legend of Carl '' Unstoppable'' Davis ( in senior bowl)

Last edited:

rossihunter2

Staff Member

ie: The leged of Carl '' Unstoppable'' Davis ( in senior bowl)

i use it as a supplementary tool - i dont grade anyone based on their bowl performance but i do use it to see if it confirms what ive seen on tape, or if it doesnt confirm what ive seen on tape i go back to the tape to see what i missed or reanalyse what's changed etc., and it also brings up prospects who i havent come across yet that i can start to watch tape on because they've peaked my interest (small-school guys/low production guys/unknowns)

ive got examples of each of those 3 from this year:

- Denzel Mims senior bowl confirmed what id seen on tape, likewise neville gallimore
- Bradlee Anae's performance makes me want to go back to the tape to see what i missed, same with kenny willikes
- Ben Bartch, Van Jefferson and Kindle Vildor are all now guys im going to be adding to the board (after watching tape) who I probably wouldnt have even got to if not for the senior bowl (bartch because he's a DIII prospect, Jefferson because he's had such low production numbers, Vildor is another small school guy

Sami84

Ravens Ring of Honor
i use it as a supplementary tool - i dont grade anyone based on their bowl performance but i do use it to see if it confirms what ive seen on tape, or if it doesnt confirm what ive seen on tape i go back to the tape to see what i missed or reanalyse what's changed etc., and it also brings up prospects who i havent come across yet that i can start to watch tape on because they've peaked my interest (small-school guys/low production guys/unknowns)

- Denzel Mims senior bowl confirmed what id seen on tape, likewise neville gallimore
- Bradlee Anae's performance makes me want to go back to the tape to see what i missed, same with kenny willikes
- Ben Bartch, Van Jefferson and Kindle Vildor are all now guys im going to be adding to the board (after watching tape) who I probably wouldnt have even got to if not for the senior bowl (bartch because he's a DIII prospect, Jefferson because he's had such low production numbers, Vildor is another small school guy

Mims and Gallimore I feel the same about. The rest? Crapshoot.

Grim

Ravens Ring of Honor

ie: The leged of Carl '' Unstoppable'' Davis ( in senior bowl)
That’s true but don’t neglect the good players who came from it as well. Za’Darius Smith, Pernell McPhee to go with those Carl Davis’ and granted the latter is more common than the former. I think looking at anything in a microcosm is dangerous.

Your thought process is exactly how the Senior Bowl should be viewed. It is a nice barometer for validating what you’ve seen on tape or thought you saw in film. It is not and should not be used as a standalone metric for measuring prospects, just like the Combine itself.