• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Ugly, The Murphy's Law and The Ravens

ravenslord

Ravens Ring of Honor
This game was the biggest choke job in Ravens history and easily surpasses the Cundiff miss game. At least we were playing well in that game until the Evans & Cundiff Freak Show .

If you want to see a championship team , replay the 49ers game from yesterday .

RavensFan419

Pro Bowler
Man I feel depressed as fuck. It’s clear I take football way too seriously, I feel empty. Losing a football game shouldn’t make a person feel like they have nothing... anyone have any advice on maybe rooting for your team like a normal person?
I used to get that way back from like 2008-2016 I was bad I would get really shitty with the people around me for atleast an entire day after we lost... it’s normal especially when you care as much as we do I wouldn’t say most of us are “normal fans” we know everything about this team and it’s like a part of our lives... after every season I feel a little empty still but I don’t get the extreme per say depression simply because I put things in perspective only one team gets to win it all but as much as I love this team I can’t let my emotional state ride on it I normally just take a shower after something like this and just put life into perspective this team is my hobby and I love them but I have a job and a family and a life outside of it there is literally always next season... my hardest thing to curb is all my troll friends everyone knows how much I care so they mess with me I’ve learned a simple response or no response keeps people from coming back... I feel you though man just gotta find something to distract you for the next 8 months that’s the worst part... I have a routine in season as far as watching pressers and listening to certain podcasts and stuff that literally fills my week it’s always tough for the first few weeks after to shift routines

The Last Great Raven

Practice Squad
Banned
Thought we would rematch vs the Niners in the Superbowl. Just like 2012. The Evans and Cundiff plays were chokes. Evans never put that ball away. But by this time in Flacco's playoff career he was already 4-2.

Wobble balls, picks and too much time in the pocket fumbles are not choking. Pees had our number.

This game was the biggest choke job in Ravens history and easily surpasses the Cundiff miss game. At least we were playing well in that game until the Evans & Cundiff Freak Show .

If you want to see a championship team , replay the 49ers game from yesterday .

I thought Harbs risky go-call on 4th & short on his own 48 wasn't playoff caliber coaching. You're playing against a hot hand playoff team - some respect wasn't just called for, it was necessary for victory. To do that when you're only down by 7 midway into the first quarter was a combination of arrogance and idiocy. Clearly Harbs wasn't used to 1st quarter adversity and his panic compromised his judgment.

Ravensnation5220

Ravens Ring of Honor
I feel like it's my fault we lost lol

When I was last in Florida the ravens lost to the browns....

I traveled around europe and we just kept winning. The next game when I got back to Florida and we lose to the Titans....wtf

Sami84

Ravens Ring of Honor
I thought Harbs risky go-call on 4th & short on his own 48 wasn't playoff caliber coaching. You're playing against a hot hand playoff team - some respect wasn't just called for, it was necessary for victory. To do that when you're only down by 7 midway into the first quarter was a combination of arrogance and idiocy. Clearly Harbs wasn't used to 1st quarter adversity and his panic compromised his judgment.

i've been saying that when the game looks like its ''one of those'' take the points ( 3) or punt the ball and pin them deep.

The Last Great Raven

Practice Squad
Banned
Marlon doesn't come to the meeting without liability either. That turn around move Kalif put on him for the 14-0 lead is squarely on Marlon, even with our Seahawk biting up. Harball may have even mentioned it. Killer play.

To be honest, Harbaugh's chaplin religious BS isnt something i'd want to hear after a game like that.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
we played like that all season and I was ok going for it. You have to play your game and that's what we were doing all season.

Sami84

Ravens Ring of Honor
Marlon doesn't come to the meeting without liability either. That turn around move Kalif put on him for the 14-0 lead is squarely on Marlon, even with our Seahawk biting up. Harball may have even mentioned it. Killer play.

Tre White over Marlon would have been the difference as far as that play is concerned.
Will we draft an LSU guy though? We havent ever..

Charm City

Pro Bowler
Rookie ir not if youre starting you still have to be able to do the job or do one thing, setting the edge is supposed to be his strength but it hasnt been. The positive is that hes a rookie so hopefully he'll come in stronger next season.
Yeah that was my point. I'm disappointed but he can only get better

The Last Great Raven

Practice Squad
Banned
well, ozzie is not in charge of the draft now, so all that may change.

What is gonna be a problem from here out is that the Titans demonstrated how to defend our QB. Make him beat you with his arm but don't allow him to do it using uncovered Tight Ends. Certainly he can still use his running ability to mesmerize average NFL teams, but come playoff time when the best teams have good defenses and good defensive coordinators it is likely going to change. Still don't believe our guy has an NFL arm or composure. When his legs go, he's not going to be useful.

Tre White over Marlon would have been the difference as far as that play is concerned.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
you didn't want tre white in this draft. You wanted to trade up for Lattimore or take Hooker. Tre White is an excellent corner but Humphrey fits what we do here much better. Considering he played out of position most of the year, he did a pretty darn good job. You have to draft players that fit the system. White wouldn't do as well here and Humphrey wouldn't do as well in Buffalo.

we played like that all season and I was ok going for it. You have to play your game and that's what we were doing all season.
I understand the Ravens never failed at 4th & 1 all season. But that doesn't mean you go for it under any ol' circumstance - especially against a team that's gunnin' for the Super Bowl. No matter how good you are at 4th & 1, you only do it when it's really necessary. That call risked a 14 pt deficit in the first period - a potentially devastating morale killer (and it was). After the Titans responded with their 2nd TD the Ravens were nervously betting with scared money the rest of the night. Harbs' call denied his players any time to work out the jitters, get loose and find their rhythm.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
well, ozzie is not in charge of the draft now, so all that may change.

What is gonna be a problem from here out is that the Titans demonstrated how to defend our QB. Make him beat you with his arm but don't allow him to do it using uncovered Tight Ends. Certainly he can still use his running ability to mesmerize average NFL teams, but come playoff time when the best teams have good defenses and good defensive coordinators it is likely going to change. Still don't believe our guy has an NFL arm or composure. When his legs go, he's not going to be useful.
I disagree 100%. Everyone was dropping balls and he had an off game without question. This will not show team show to play lamar and beat him.

Sami84

Ravens Ring of Honor
I have to be honest that this offeseaon is going to be a mystery.

If Yanda retires ( and i think that's whats going to happen) do we go after thuney in FA and Keep powers at RG and draft the kid from Wisconsin at C?

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
I understand the Ravens never failed at 4th & 1 all season. But that doesn't mean you go for it under any ol' circumstance - especially against a team that's gunnin' for the Super Bowl. No matter how good you are at 4th & 1, you only do it when it's really necessary. That call risked a 14 pt deficit in the first period - a potentially devastating morale killer (and it was). After the Titans responded with their 2nd TD the Ravens were nervously betting with scared money the rest of the night. Harbs' call denied his players any time to work out the jitters, get loose and find their rhythm.
we don't go for it under any circumstance. We use analytics and we have been an aggressive team all season. Hell this team would be pissed if we didn't make the 4th and 2 vs. the Seahawks where we scored a TD and basically iced the game in Seattle that turned our season around.

You don't come into the playoffs and all of a sudden decide to play the game different. I totally support the decision.

Hindsight is 2020