• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Ugly, The Murphy's Law and The Ravens

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Not really any positives to take out of this game.

I just feel really sad - I love this team so much and all the things that had to go wrong to lose this did go wrong.

All 28 of the Titans points came off of turnovers - 7 off a bobbled pass that became an INT, 14 off 2 failed 4th and 1 conversions (a down and distance that we had not once failed to convert in the regular season), 7 off a sack fumble by Lamar. Combine all of that with nearly 10 drops, key players being hobbled despite the time off and stupid penalties and this team just got in its own way. We out-gained the Titans by 230 yards - we put up 530 yards of offence and put up 12 points.

There's going to be a lot of awful takes in the coming days, weeks, months and it's going to be excruciating. But there are legitimate criticisms that will come and the fans and the team will have to deal with them.

We got out-done in the trenches again in the 2nd straight playoff game and it was a killer - a flaw that hadn't shown up all year got us again.

There's clearly a lot of work still to do in the offseason. But I will be defending Lamar to the ends of the Earth.

Sami84

Ravens Ring of Honor
If this were an NBA like series, we'd beat them.

Everything that could have gone wrong, did indeed go wrong.

Tannehil did nothing. It was us fucking up and henry doing his thing.

Inqui

Pro Bowler
23e.gif

What else can you say. One of those nights and it came at the worst possible time to have one of those nights.

SepticeyePoe

Hall of Famer
Lamar is gonna get that playoff choker label now and I’m gonna go hoarse screaming about how wrong it is
And how he's not an NFL quarterback. That shit drives me insane and I'm already seeing it from other fans.

Grim

Ravens Ring of Honor
Henry was great. I’d love to sign him but I’d bet he doesn’t leave TEN. He’s definitely another Lynch in the making. I don’t even worry about his mileage.

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
Henry was great. I’d love to sign him but I’d bet he doesn’t leave TEN. He’s definitely another Lynch in the making. I don’t even worry about his mileage.
Not going to happen. Should have picked him in the draft but nobody wanted to listen to me.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
If this were an NBA like series, we'd beat them.

Everything that could have gone wrong, did indeed go wrong.

Tannehil did nothing. It was us fucking up and henry doing his thing.

In every major tell-tale stat we beat them except for turnovers (and obviously points)

530 yards to their 300
5.8 ypp to their 5.7
61% 3rd down efficiency to their 53%
32 mins TOP to their 28

Lamar passed for over 350 yards and rushed for nearly 150 - he had over 500 yards on his own - the rest of the team rushed for 42 yards

the titans managed their situations better and got crucial plays at crucial times in crucial spots - they won basically every single marginal play and basically none of the others

Charm City

Pro Bowler
I don't wanna be that guy, but we got our hearts broken in 2011 only to come back hungrier in 2012. We didn't act like we've been here before with all the dancing after TDs, drake shout outs, and such. This will be a wake up call to our young team. You are only as good as the last down you play, nothing before that matters.

Belichick would have never rested Lamar. The rust was so obvious
Well he lost to the Titans too.

Idk if I can chock this all up to rust. Most of the players suited up for week17. Seth Roberts and Hayden Hurst played in week 17 and they still looked like they didn't know they were supposed to catch the football. Greg Roman coached in week17 and he still called the same stupid play on fourth down...twice!

They were rusty, but they also just sucked.

JAAM

Hall of Famer
Lamar is gonna get that playoff choker label now and I’m gonna go hoarse screaming about how wrong it is
This is why you don’t pay attention to fat-coach QBs. Saves you a lot of stress