• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Any Wrestling Fans in the House?

Militant X 1

Ravens Ring of Honor
I love wrestling!

I am really diggin' the new Jindar Mahal storyline on WWE. Dude is chiselled like a rock and I absolutely love his "heel" (bad guy) persona. I'd like to see him get that WWE Heavyweight Title.

Last edited:

RavensPunkXVX

Pro Bowler
Yup. I've been a wrestling fan for as long as I can remember. I like his character too, he can truly be someone that people hate. The heat he gets reminds me a little bit of Muhammad Hassan.

Militant X 1

Ravens Ring of Honor
Yup. I've been a wrestling fan for as long as I can remember. I like his character too, he can truly be someone that people hate. The heat he gets reminds me a little bit of Muhammad Hassan.

Yeah I agree completely. I love the heat that Mahal is getting on this new storyline. Dude could really be a great Heel-Champion! I hope so!

Last edited:

JO_75

Hall of Famer
I love wrestling!

I am really diggin' the new Jindar Mahal storyline on WWE. Dude is chiselled like a rock and I absolutely love his "heel" (bad guy) persona. I'd like to see him get that WWE Heavyweight Title.

If the same people who always posted in the Wrestling Thread on the old forum come here, then this thread should be quite as long. Should get the thread renamed "The Pro Wrestling Thread" that way we can talk about ROH, NJPW, Impact Wrestling, and any other local Indy federations so it's not just about WWE though that's what it mainly turns into lol.

Also anyone who is a wrestling fan on here, needs to subscribe to What Culture Wrestling on YouTube, plus What Culture has their own Wrestling Promotion, What Culture Pro Wrestling.

theFRANCHISE

Practice Squad
I'm not down with WCPW. It feels too much like fantasy booking from fans, which I take issue with. It's not a long-term, sustainable model and I don't know how long they'll last if they keep needing to bring in a name for every other show.

theFRANCHISE

Practice Squad
Yeah I agree completely. I love the heat that Mahal is getting on this new storyline. Dude could really be a great Heel-Champion! I hope so!
Jinder deserves a run with the title right now. At worst, if it doesn't work out, they can always take the belt off him. At best, they get a new main event level or upper-mid heel.

He's vastly improved from his last run, and I love that he's got his own stable with the Bollywood Boys.

RavensPunkXVX

Pro Bowler
Jinder deserves a run with the title right now. At worst, if it doesn't work out, they can always take the belt off him. At best, they get a new main event level or upper-mid heel.

He's vastly improved from his last run, and I love that he's got his own stable with the Bollywood Boys.

I agree. I think if they give him the title for any amount of the time, the fans are going to absolutely hate him. They need a true heel right now. I mean you have guys like Owens who people cheer for anyways, so it's tough to be a true heel right now. He's barking up that tree.

theFRANCHISE

Practice Squad
I agree. I think if they give him the title for any amount of the time, the fans are going to absolutely hate him. They need a true heel right now. I mean you have guys like Owens who people cheer for anyways, so it's tough to be a true heel right now. He's barking up that tree.
To Owens' credit, he doesn't try to be the cool heel; he's just so good, that people will cheer him even if he literally spat in their faces and slashed their tires.

Owens is good at getting heat when it matters (see: The Festival of Friendship), but he can never avoid getting that entrance pop.

RavensPunkXVX

Pro Bowler
To Owens' credit, he doesn't try to be the cool heel; he's just so good, that people will cheer him even if he literally spat in their faces and slashed their tires.

Owens is good at getting heat when it matters (see: The Festival of Friendship), but he can never avoid getting that entrance pop.

For sure. That goes with several stars, like AJ when he was "heel." It happens to quite a few, especially the indie guys.

JO_75

Hall of Famer
I'm not down with WCPW. It feels too much like fantasy booking from fans, which I take issue with. It's not a long-term, sustainable model and I don't know how long they'll last if they keep needing to bring in a name for every other show.

I'm not a fan of WCPW either, I tried watching it but I can't get into it. Though the reason I say to subscribe is not for WCPW but because outside of that, their videos are hilarious to watch. Adam Blampied is good with his "How WWE Should Have Booked" Series, King Ross probably by far has the best series on their channel with "WTF Moments" of each show(RAW, SD, PPV). Outside of WCPW, their channel is worth subscribing too.

Good to see you come over here too. I also agree with what you said about Mahal, if they do it right he can be what they wanted Muhammad Hassan to be in 2005.

theFRANCHISE

Practice Squad
I'm not a fan of WCPW either, I tried watching it but I can't get into it. Though the reason I say to subscribe is not for WCPW but because outside of that, their videos are hilarious to watch. Adam Blampied is good with his "How WWE Should Have Booked" Series, King Ross probably by far has the best series on their channel with "WTF Moments" of each show(RAW, SD, PPV). Outside of WCPW, their channel is worth subscribing too.

Good to see you come over here too. I also agree with what you said about Mahal, if they do it right he can be what they wanted Muhammad Hassan to be in 2005.
Shit, he could be even better than Hassan in everyone's wildest dreams. Jinder is a good worker. Hassan was mediocre. I'm genuinely excited to see what they do with Jinder next.

JO_75

Hall of Famer
Shit, he could be even better than Hassan in everyone's wildest dreams. Jinder is a good worker. Hassan was mediocre. I'm genuinely excited to see what they do with Jinder next.

I think it's funny as hell seeing how before this, Mahal, Slater and McIntyre were jobbers in 3MB. Now fast forward to 2017 and Slater had one of the most unique storylines in being a free agent after the draft, being a SD Live Tag Team Champion with Rhyno. Mahal went from jobber who got beat up by Gronk at Mania to a WWE Title Match and I'm guessing McIntyre will get a NXT Title Shot in the future, the revenge of 3MB Tour!

theFRANCHISE

Practice Squad
I think it's funny as hell seeing how before this, Mahal, Slater and McIntyre were jobbers in 3MB. Now fast forward to 2017 and Slater had one of the most unique storylines in being a free agent after the draft, being a SD Live Tag Team Champion with Rhyno. Mahal went from jobber who got beat up by Gronk at Mania to a WWE Title Match and I'm guessing McIntyre will get a NXT Title Shot in the future, the revenge of 3MB Tour!
Mark my words: Drew McIntyre will be NXT Champion, Jinder Mahal will be WWE Champion, and Heath Slater will be Intercontinental Champion, all at the same time.

I can see Slater beating Miz for the title after Ambrose drops the belt. Jinder will surprise everyone and be booked to beat Orton, and McIntyre is headed for a collision course with Bobby Roode.

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
Speaking of SD heels that should get a title run if properly booked, Baron Corbin would be a really good championship. I remember seeing that Corbin is a double major in Psychology and Sociology (I think?). If the SD writers incorporate this into his "Lone Wolf" character, he'd be a dope heel.

theFRANCHISE

Practice Squad
Speaking of SD heels that should get a title run if properly booked, Baron Corbin would be a really good championship. I remember seeing that Corbin is a double major in Psychology and Sociology (I think?). If the SD writers incorporate this into his "Lone Wolf" character, he'd be a dope heel.
Corbin really did a lot to win me over, as I absolutely hated his NXT run. As long as they don't overexpose him and continue to hide his weaknesses, he'll be built as well as Braun Strowman has.

Speaking of Strowman, that's another character I never expected to develop into must-see TV. Since his character's reboot, they've handled him perfectly.

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
Corbin really did a lot to win me over, as I absolutely hated his NXT run. As long as they don't overexpose him and continue to hide his weaknesses, he'll be built as well as Braun Strowman has.

Speaking of Strowman, that's another character I never expected to develop into must-see TV. Since his character's reboot, they've handled him perfectly.

Fuck Shane McMahon for not putting Corbin on the Smackdown team for Survivor Series. I would've LOVED to see Corbin and Strowman go at each other. As for Strowman, the only reason why he was must-see TV was how badly he was destroying roman. And then I saw this which ruined everything.......

roman-reigns-braun-strowman-994349.jpg

theFRANCHISE

Practice Squad
Fuck Shane McMahon for not putting Corbin on the Smackdown team for Survivor Series. I would've LOVED to see Corbin and Strowman go at each other. As for Strowman, the only reason why he was must-see TV was how badly he was destroying roman. And then I saw this which ruined everything.......
From my understanding, I think they yanked Corbin from the match so as to save the eventual showdown between Corbin and Strowman. The most physicality those two have seen against one another was Corbin eliminating Braun, and that's probably a moment they'll reference later when they inevitably feud.

RavensPunkXVX

Pro Bowler

I agree, Baron Corbin needs something significant. He just has the look.

As far as Strowman goes, I didn't like the dude, but man, did the WWE do something right for once. They built this guy perfectly. Even when he loses, it doesn't affect his overall status.

JO_75

Hall of Famer

roman-reigns-braun-strowman-994349.jpg

Kayfabe died a long time ago but at least don't hang out with someone your feuding with on TV. Braun is literally trying to kill Roman on TV but when pictures like this surface it kills the storyline. I'm sure Roman and Braun are friends behind the scenes but still, this is like when Rusev and Lana told TMZ they were engaged in the middle of the awful Ziggler/Lana/Rusev/Summer Rae storyline. At least Lana/Rusev were putting an end to an awful storyline, while this kills a storyline that is awesome to watch at the moment.

"I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU"......... *Runs right through the Ambulance Door*