• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Any Wrestling Fans in the House?

JO_75

Hall of Famer
watching raw right now..
depressing..
damn you AOL/TIME warner..DAMN YOU!

I turned RAW off after that terrible "This Is My Life" segment. I didn't even watch it last week and watching this week, I feel I haven't missed anything.

Sami84

Ravens Ring of Honor
It's atrocious. The only good thing about the WWE network is that i can now watch backlash 2000 and make up for this crap.

JO_75

Hall of Famer
RAW is basically unwatchable at this point, but they wonder why they're losing viewers.

Even tonight, a night after a PPV the show sucks tonight. Besides the Samoa Joe/Heyman segment to set up the Joe vs Lesnar Universal Title Match at... Great Balls of Fire. Yep that's seriously a name of a PPV.

theFRANCHISE

Practice Squad
I can't believe how poorly they've handled Shinsuke Nakamura in his time on the main roster. What's worse is, the damage might be irreparable unless they do an extensive rehab job on him by showcasing him in some longer, methodical matches on PPV.

I didn't think Nakamura vs Ziggler could've been so underwhelming, but it was just so clunky and didn't tell a good story. Then Nakamura vs Owens should've been as amazing as their only other televised match (in ROH), but it was surprisingly rushed and there wasn't a good flow.

They just need to let Nakamura be Nakamura. No promos. Just let him kick ass and let him compete strictly for the sake of competition, and storylines will naturally evolve from there.

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
I can't believe how poorly they've handled Shinsuke Nakamura in his time on the main roster. What's worse is, the damage might be irreparable unless they do an extensive rehab job on him by showcasing him in some longer, methodical matches on PPV.

I didn't think Nakamura vs Ziggler could've been so underwhelming, but it was just so clunky and didn't tell a good story. Then Nakamura vs Owens should've been as amazing as their only other televised match (in ROH), but it was surprisingly rushed and there wasn't a good flow.

They just need to let Nakamura be Nakamura. No promos. Just let him kick ass and let him compete strictly for the sake of competition, and storylines will naturally evolve from there.

I can. I don't get excited when talents like Nakamura come to the roster for the very reason that the WWE do not let these guys do their thing naturally. It's so strict it's not even funny. It's not just Nakamura, but really anyone especially when it comes to promos. It sounds so inorganic I have to mute my TV. Why is it that RAW and SD need to start off EVERY SHOW with a promo? Makes no sense to me, but hey stubborn is what stubborn does and the ratings are suffering as a result.

JO_75

Hall of Famer
Someone is sabotaging the NXT guys to spite Triple H. With the exception of a few, most NXT guys have come to the main roster and just been... meh. Sasha has been ruined, Bayley has been ruined, The Ascension, Vaudevillians, the main roster booking destroys NXT guys and gals.

NXT call ups have exposed how bad the current creative team is for RAW and SD Live. Just further proves that Triple H knows what he is doing and WWE will be in good hands when Vince finally hands the keys to Hunter.

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
Someone is sabotaging the NXT guys to spite Triple H. With the exception of a few, most NXT guys have come to the main roster and just been... meh. Sasha has been ruined, Bayley has been ruined, The Ascension, Vaudevillians, the main roster booking destroys NXT guys and gals.

NXT call ups have exposed how bad the current creative team is for RAW and SD Live. Just further proves that Triple H knows what he is doing and WWE will be in good hands when Vince finally hands the keys to Hunter.

I think it's Vince because the buck stops with him. However, is Triple H the only guy running NXT? I give him props, but I doubt he's the only one running the company. Sasha seemed better as a heel, Bayley's character is corny to me, I never cared for The Ascension, and The Vaudevillains deserve to be ruined after they had to interrupt the potential of Stephanie twerking (IDC what anyone else says).

Speaking of which, from my understanding, I believe the Steph will be handed the keys, but I think Triple H will also have more control to an extent.

Sledge Hammer

Pro Bowler
I think it's Vince because the buck stops with him. However, is Triple H the only guy running NXT? I give him props, but I doubt he's the only one running the company. Sasha seemed better as a heel, Bayley's character is corny to me, I never cared for The Ascension, and The Vaudevillains deserve to be ruined after they had to interrupt the potential of Stephanie twerking (IDC what anyone else says).

Speaking of which, from my understanding, I believe the Steph will be handed the keys, but I think Triple H will also have more control to an extent.

Sasha should be a heel. She is so unfeminine and ghetto. Nia jax has more feminine aura than ghetto Banks has. yet she is continually pushed as a baby face!! Lmao

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
Sasha should be a heel. She is so unfeminine and ghetto. Nia jax has more feminine aura than ghetto Banks has. yet she is continually pushed as a baby face!! Lmao
I don't even think Sasha wants to be a heel. I think she's content as a babyface, but it's nice to see her being relevant again.

The Greek

Veteran
im liking the jinder title run as well. hopefully he keeps it for several months. i miss the wrestling days of old when they bladed and it seemed a little more realistic. wwe for the past few years seems to have made their product seem like processed crap that they have fed to the fans. more suited for the kids than the adults.

Sledge Hammer

Pro Bowler
I don't even think Sasha wants to be a heel. I think she's content as a babyface, but it's nice to see her being relevant again.

It's not what she wants. It's what makes a better show and she would be a great heel. She has zero feminine appeal!! Regardless how hard she tries to be feminine with her character her ghetto shines through. she isnt attractive at all!!
im liking the jinder title run as well. hopefully he keeps it for several months. i miss the wrestling days of old when they bladed and it seemed a little more realistic. wwe for the past few years seems to have made their product seem like processed crap that they have fed to the fans. more suited for the kids than the adults.

I agree. I don't like how jinder went from pretty much a jobber to wwe champion. Nor how he is pushed after clearly being roided up. And so many wrestlers suspended for it. but he plays the role very very well.

JO_75

Hall of Famer
It's not what she wants. It's what makes a better show and she would be a great heel. She has zero feminine appeal!! Regardless how hard she tries to be feminine with her character her ghetto shines through. she isnt attractive at all!!

I agree. I don't like how jinder went from pretty much a jobber to wwe champion. Nor how he is pushed after clearly being roided up. And so many wrestlers suspended for it. but he plays the role very very well.

Should have flipped it, had Baron Corbin get the title and Jinder win MITB.

JO_75

Hall of Famer
Well then...... a New Face of America was crowned tonight at a Special Madison Square Garden Live Event. As we saw on SD Live, AJ Styles won the Battle Royal to face Owens for the US Title at Battleground. Whatever angle they ran to have the match tonight, saw AJ defeat Kevin Owens and become the new United States Champion.
DELMYG8XoAEmLMM.jpg

JO_75

Hall of Famer
I feel old..... The NWO turned 21 Years Old yesterday.

f035d77faa06ec34bfc59a771ae59bae.jpg

Still amazing that this was the only good idea Bischoff had, which he took from New Japan.

JO_75

Hall of Famer
So... On RAW Kurt Angle reveals he has wrestled for TNA since 2007 lol. Kurt: If people knew I wrestled in TNA, my career is ruined.

Seriously though, if this is just to force upon us a pointless HHH vs Angle match and it's a stupid Kurt had an affair with Stephanie thing, it will prove WWE is running out of ideas. Of all the people they could book for Angle's return match, Big Nose inserts himself into the match.

JO_75

Hall of Famer
Oh Poor Baron Corbin. WWE just doesn't want to build new stars, they could have teased it without making it official but they did and now Corbin is no longer Mr. Money In The Bank and failed to cash in joining the likes of Damien Sandow and John Cena who failed to win the title after cashing in.

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
Oh Poor Baron Corbin. WWE just doesn't want to build new stars, they could have teased it without making it official but they did and now Corbin is no longer Mr. Money In The Bank and failed to cash in joining the likes of Damien Sandow and John Cena who failed to win the title after cashing in.

I was in tears from laughing so hard. WWE is a joke so I treat it like one.

JO_75

Hall of Famer
Mark my words: Drew McIntyre will be NXT Champion, Jinder Mahal will be WWE Champion, and Heath Slater will be Intercontinental Champion, all at the same time.

I can see Slater beating Miz for the title after Ambrose drops the belt. Jinder will surprise everyone and be booked to beat Orton, and McIntyre is headed for a collision course with Bobby Roode.

Jinder - WWE Champion
McIntyre - NXT Champion
Slater - ???

So 2 of 3 have happened, even if it is just for 24 hours unless Jinder somehow retains over Nakamura.

JO_75

Hall of Famer
That moment when WWE expected a dueling "Let's Go Roman" and "Let's Go Cena" chant but instead the fans chant....

"YOU BOTH SUCK" :lol: