• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

2020 OL Draft Thread

In general this OT class is insane - i had 11 WRs in my top 50 but I think I'm going to be ending up with 9 (10 in the top 60) and that doesnt even include Ezra Cleveland who I think if I was a primarily zone team id be pretty interested in him in the top 50/60 - and he may well get drafted in the 2nd round too

also doesnt include Matt Peart who some think of as being a 2nd round type talent too

insane class of OTs, great class of WRs, incredibly deep class of CBs

the guard class is not top heavy but has some depth to it, the C class to me is basically just 4 guys of any note in the first 2 days, TE class is basically absent but a mess of day 3 guys, S is sparse but has some strength to it, EDGE is short of a lot of talent at all levels of the draft, DL is incredibly top heavy, QB has some depth to it through the class but not deep at the top, RB has some talent all through the draft but doesnt standout vs previous years, LB is really strong

great draft class if you're looking for OTs, WRs, CBs, LBs, RBs

Its a good class and the league is lacking in those positions, GMs could settle on a lot of prospects without feeling the need to trade up

rossihunter2

Staff Member
this note from Mcginn's OL part of the draft series is insane:

Meanwhile, at center, some teams like the group while others don’t. There seemed to be close to unanimity when it came to guard, where one team emerged from meetings with merely three draftable players.

“The bar is so low for centers and guards in the NFL,” said one executive. “People are just so desperate for bodies.

3 draftable players at guard lol - that must be the patriots or some team like that...

this note from Mcginn's OL part of the draft series is insane:

Meanwhile, at center, some teams like the group while others don’t. There seemed to be close to unanimity when it came to guard, where one team emerged from meetings with merely three draftable players.

“The bar is so low for centers and guards in the NFL,” said one executive. “People are just so desperate for bodies.

3 draftable players at guard lol - that must be the patriots or some team like that...

Smoke and mirrors? that exec doesnt want other teams trading up. There are a lot more than 3 who are draftable and multiple tackles who will move to guard.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Smoke and mirrors? that exec doesnt want other teams trading up. There are a lot more than 3 who are draftable and multiple tackles who will move to guard.

Yeah that’s what I was thinking - there’s a lot of odd comments all through the McGinn piece about all sorts of guys

There may not be many guards that are thought of as day 2 but there’s potentially quite a few who are definitely draftable on day 3