• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Random Thought Thread

Nurps

Ravens Ring of Honor
Well. The Pats looked like they were gonna give the Stealers a run for the money. Starting to fade now. Still hoping…..

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
For context on how bad NFL QB play is right now, and how unlucky the Week 14 schedule is, here is the list of QB matchups for just this week alone:

Bailey Zappe vs Mitch Trubisky
Gardner Minshew vs Jake Browning
CJ Beathard (possibly) vs Dorian Thompson-Robinson (or Joe Flacco)
Josh Dobbs vs Aidan O'Connell

You also have:
Baker Mayfield vs Desmond Ridder
Bryce Young vs Derek Carr
Jordan Love vs Tommy DeVito

At least 1/3 of the teams playing this week are starting a QB they would 100% prefer not to start if their roster was fully healthy.

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
We better hang 30+ on this team week 18
Depending on how things shake out with the #1 seed, I wouldn't be super sure that week 18 is a meaningful game for the Ravens. And at this rate, it may not be a meaningful game for the Steelers either.

One of the downsides of scheduling the Steelers the last week of the season. If we're as good as we expect to be, that game shouldn't have a whole lot of meaning.

ravenslord

Ravens Ring of Honor
Where you at @ravenslord

Since claiming Tomlin King of the North they've lost to Cards and Pats at home
I’m very happy about this . The Steelers are a bad team but still somehow in playoff contention . They did lose Pickett and he’s certainly better than Trubinsky by a lot .
I don’t like Tomlin , I think he’s an arrogant prick , but for him to have the record he has with the scrubs on that team , I have to be impressed

RL52TheGreatest

Ravens Ring of Honor
I’m very happy about this . The Steelers are a bad team but still somehow in playoff contention . They did lose Pickett and he’s certainly better than Trubinsky by a lot .
I don’t like Tomlin , I think he’s an arrogant prick , but for him to have the record he has with the scrubs on that team , I have to be impressed

Tomlin is one of the best coaches in the league and always seems to have that team in contention, regardless of what's happening with their roster (injuries, shitty players, divas, etc.). I know we're supposed to hate him because of the rivalry, but I would love to have Tomlin on our coaching staff if he wasn't coaching them

Fuck the Steelers tho

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor

Tank

Hall of Famer
The one he threw to Bateman was catchable. So was the deep one to Odell that the defender got the best of him and knocked him off of his timing.

You either see it or you don’t want to see it. That stat was simply shows how he appears to be either a great defensive play or he is failed by his receivers at a higher rate than most.

Pat Mahomes would be the other one.
Guessing you are talking about our last game(2 passes, one game), and what you're saying may be true. No question there's times where the issue lies with the receiver. But I think most you talk to recognize Lamar's deep touch has been off this year.

Here's a video I stumbled across looking at 3 passes from the Browns loss. The one I see as catchable here was actually an under throw and most likely completed had it been placed out in front of Keaton.

Last edited:

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor
Tomlin is one of the best coaches in the league and always seems to have that team in contention, regardless of what's happening with their roster (injuries, shitty players, divas, etc.). I know we're supposed to hate him because of the rivalry, but I would love to have Tomlin on our coaching staff if he wasn't coaching them

Fuck the Steelers tho
Tomlin is overrated. He was blessed with a HOF QB and some of the best defenders to ever play the game. All of that equated to one Super Bowl win
Then you add in his teams consistently have selfish individuals acting like divas Wallace, AB, Bell, Ju Ju, Johnson, Pickens etc…. He’s got culture issues up there

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor

Fuck the Steelers tho
So I think he's an above average coach who does have a way of competing every week in most situations.

I think 2023 should be a very big wake up call that the Steelers roster just ain't that great. They have a very long list of average players up and down their roster. 2-3 high-end players on defense, and their entire offense is either average or below average. Pickett isn't a good QB, their Oline has sucked for like 5 years now, and their receivers aren't special either.

Thezone27

Ravens Ring of Honor
So I think he's an above average coach who does have a way of competing every week in most situations.

I think 2023 should be a very big wake up call that the Steelers roster just ain't that great. They have a very long list of average players up and down their roster. 2-3 high-end players on defense, and their entire offense is either average or below average. Pickett isn't a good QB, their Oline has sucked for like 5 years now, and their receivers aren't special either.
That team is terrible, 3.3 YPC Najee is trash, No effort Diontae is somehow worse, and "Can he pick it, yes he can" is even worse. If the Pats are the worst offense in the league, the Steelers are definitely keeping it close.

That team is terrible, 3.3 YPC Najee is trash, No effort Diontae is somehow worse, and "Can he pick it, yes he can" is even worse. If the Pats are the worst offense in the league, the Steelers are definitely keeping it close.
A question for you guys. You think Love will be another Hall of Fame QB?