• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Random Thought Thread

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor
and yet i remember him well with the Giants. I really hated him.
Showing your age brother!!! Im
living in the happy medium lol barely remember the 2000 championship but locked in by 2003

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Showing your age brother!!! Im
living in the happy medium lol barely remember the 2000 championship but locked in by 2003
I remember 2000. Washington had a new owner and just finished his first season going to the playoffs with Norv Turner. smh

Boy am I glad those days are behind me.

purplepittabread88

Staff Member
Administrator
The last two times we played on Saturday night of divisional weekend was vs titans and vs Buffalo ugh. I want that game so I can drink for it and enjoy my night but we need to right out wrongs. Do they usually give that game to the best matchup of the weekend the team with best record of league?

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor
The last two times we played on Saturday night of divisional weekend was vs titans and vs Buffalo ugh. I want that game so I can drink for it and enjoy my night but we need to right out wrongs. Do they usually give that game to the best matchup of the weekend the team with best record of league?
That Buffalo game was a shit show and a big reason why I personally believe all new stadiums should require a cover. Im not interested in watching two great QBs look like trash because of 40mph gust of wind

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
That Buffalo game was a shit show and a big reason why I personally believe all new stadiums should require a cover. Im not interested in watching two great QBs look like trash because of 40mph gust of wind
Eh, home field advantage. I always thought Minnesota took that home field advantage away years ago when they put the roof on the stadium. All these domes is just pussy footing it.

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor
Eh, home field advantage. I always thought Minnesota took that home field advantage away years ago when they put the roof on the stadium. All these domes is just pussy footing it.
I get it, but when both teams look like trash it’s not an advantage. I just hate monsoon games and stuff like that…. Delivers a bad product.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
I get it, but when both teams look like trash it’s not an advantage. I just hate monsoon games and stuff like that…. Delivers a bad product.
it's football. Wasn't meant to be played in a climate controlled climate. I think those games are interesting and the more physical teams will win those matchups on most occasions.

ndub

Ravens Ring of Honor

You're right. I also want to see flag football instead of actual football. Hate seeing a franchise QB go down due to a routine tackle... Delivers a bad product.

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor
it's football. Wasn't meant to be played in a climate controlled climate. I think those games are interesting and the more physical teams will win those matchups on most occasions.
I think the NFL disagrees. Every way the game has evolved is in favor of clean high scoring games. I think owners feel the same way too. Especially the northern owners who know they will never see a Super Bowl without a roof.

ndub

Ravens Ring of Honor
I think the NFL disagrees. Every way the game has evolved is in favor of clean high scoring games. I think owners feel the same way too. Especially the northern owners who know they will never see a Super Bowl without a roof.

Hell we should just get rid of defenses, what's the purpose? Have hundred point games

Tank

Hall of Famer
Yeah, no, screw that. Football wasn't meant to be an indoor sport. Conquering inclement weather is an integral part of the game, otherwise might as well just call it arena football. A QB isn't great if he has to play indoors to not look like trash.

JAAM

Hall of Famer
TRUZZZZZZZ

JAAM

Hall of Famer
Landslide!!!

IMG_9209.jpeg

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
13 sacks as interior dl and he still isnt even as close to being disruptive as donald nor jones.. i think jmad is a pretty good player but as of now, i believe is mostly scheme, great backend cvg and some clean up sacks…. Then again if bland made it, jmad shouldve been 1st team also. If exact same scenario were to happen next year, jmad would be 1st team.

Last edited:

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
I understand what you are saying and also understand it is your opinion. There truly is't a wrong answer to this.

I also prefer going to games in nicer weather but if you look at the fans in our northern most states, they certainly still seem to attend these games and some of them are pretty darn crazy.

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor
I understand what you are saying and also understand it is your opinion. There truly is't a wrong answer to this.

I also prefer going to games in nicer weather but if you look at the fans in our northern most states, they certainly still seem to attend these games and some of them are pretty darn crazy.
Yea i heard the game for us next Saturday is calling for 20s….bless those souls who attend. I’ll be at the Ravensmania house hold , i know you got a 75” big screen and a good spread lol

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
Not sure that's true though...
a) a lot of cities couldn't host a SB even if they had a dome. You put a dome in Buffalo, and they'll still never get a SB. They don't have the infrastructure to handle on. Hotels, access to airports, restaurants, etc. It's why SBs are played in cities that are already more capable of handling.
b) SBs really don't make that much $ for the "team" that hosts it. It'll make $ for the local economy around it, but the best a team is going to do is get the stadium revenue from what essentially a normal game (i.e. they can't sell more than the max tickets they have), and most SB tickets are purchased on secondary markets anyway. And that's after they take out the massive amounts of $ they have to pay just to get the SB.
c) most of the $ from the SB comes from the ridiculous ad revenue they get, which is also distributed to everybody.