• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Random Thought Thread

JO_75

Hall of Famer
So now Amazon Prime Video gets their own exclusive playoff game lol. Soon the whole playoffs will be locked behind streaming services.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
So now Amazon Prime Video gets their own exclusive playoff game lol. Soon the whole playoffs will be locked behind streaming services.
Get rid of cable fam. Problem solved. Cable is antiquated, it’s a vcr/landline era service that’s had bells and whistles added over its 50 year existence, and it’s extremely overpriced and most of the service is wasted

redrum52

Hall of Famer
Get rid of cable fam. Problem solved. Cable is antiquated, it’s a vcr/landline era service that’s had bells and whistles added over its 50 year existence, and it’s extremely overpriced and most of the service is wasted
Prime worth it if you use their shipping but agree with the principle.

JO_75

Hall of Famer
Yeah I only have Streaming... picked up YouTube TV last year when they got Sunday Ticket. Plus I got Peacock, Paramount Plus, Max, and I only activate Prime for the NFL season. I just think playoff games should not be locked behind a streaming service.

Simba

Staff Member
NIL is making college wild nowadays. Coaches looking to get out and taking lesser jobs in the NFL. Recruiting is no longer about connections but who can offer the most money. Certainly has its benefits but has turned the whole system on its head.

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
Prime worth it if you use their shipping but agree with the principle.

Yeah I only have Streaming... picked up YouTube TV last year when they got Sunday Ticket. Plus I got Peacock, Paramount Plus, Max, and I only activate Prime for the NFL season. I just think playoff games should not be locked behind a streaming service.
Yep. Fire stick for the win. DirecTV, YouTube TV for the regular season, and a few others too.

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
LOL. If the Ravens had an NBA team, it'd look something like this (disregard the player's face LMAO).....

1707540897688.png

rossihunter2

Staff Member
NIL is making college wild nowadays. Coaches looking to get out and taking lesser jobs in the NFL. Recruiting is no longer about connections but who can offer the most money. Certainly has its benefits but has turned the whole system on its head.

introducing a college GM too now coz it's too much to do

the dumb thing that they did was open up all this money without any sort of regulation that made any sense - should have just paid them in the firstplace and got out of this whole student athlete nonsense that's now ended up with NIL basically being a racket

Simba

Staff Member

the dumb thing that they did was open up all this money without any sort of regulation that made any sense - should have just paid them in the firstplace and got out of this whole student athlete nonsense that's now ended up with NIL basically being a racket
Turned into a lawless land out there. Flipping commits is because someone can offer more money, not because you sold the program. We’ve already seen kids take the money year 1 and then transfer out almost immediately. Only going to get worse.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
i feel you, I always recommend cord cutting but then I complain my ass off because I can’t watch most orioles games, I think it’s unAmerican bullshit that local baseball games aren’t available over antenna

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Yeah it needs a salary cap style regulation. It still needs to be about the schools with the best football programs and culture and talent and not about the most money.

But then of course… the bag boys will always be there to sweeten the pot

rossihunter2

Staff Member

Was such short term stubborn thinking to allow money in this way

Means there’s no contracts which means no commitments

If you allowed NIL to be dependent on sticking with a program it might solve it somewhat… like you get x money if you stay x number of years with the program - still allows kids to move if they want but then they have to give up that money and it makes it a better thought out decision in the firstplace

Ultimately they should have just brought in salaries and stopped with the ridiculous “student-athlete” nonsense

I'm contemplating that myself but so far DirecTV has been pretty good. We've had for over a decade and some change.
Yeah I was a bit nervous about it myself but YouTubeTv had a 30 day free trial period at the time, so we kept DirectTv long enough to evaluate before cutting the cord.

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
Was such short term stubborn thinking to allow money in this way

Means there’s no contracts which means no commitments

If you allowed NIL to be dependent on sticking with a program it might solve it somewhat… like you get x money if you stay x number of years with the program - still allows kids to move if they want but then they have to give up that money and it makes it a better thought out decision in the firstplace

Ultimately they should have just brought in salaries and stopped with the ridiculous “student-athlete” nonsense
Sole reason for Saban getting out of the game. College football needs a commissioner with actual decision making power more than any of the pro leagues.

Willbacker

Ravens Ring of Honor
Funny thing is I thought the schools werent allowed to use NIL as a recruitment tool. I guess that shit got thrown out the window.

Simba

Staff Member
Funny thing is I thought the schools werent allowed to use NIL as a recruitment tool. I guess that shit got thrown out the window.
They aren't, but people are just turning their heads. All of their deals are considered non-guaranteed so they can skirt by the rules.