• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Random Thought Thread

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Just listened to the UK Ravens podcasts interview of Eric DeCosta. Not too much info obviously but he was asked if there was a player who was going to be the draft pick but was sniped away just before them and he said in 2017 Cooper Kupp was going to be the pick in the 3rd but the Rams drafted him just before us. We ended up with Wormley smh.

Also mentioned adding or moving up in the 3-4 rounds would be advantageous and specifically mentioned the OL class being strong at that point of the draft

just listened to it myself properly - main notes
  • 187 guys on his board ranked first to last - that actually seems higher than normal - think the draft is generally quite thin but a ton of OL and RB on day 3
  • OT, CB, WR were the positions he specifically mentioned when talking about building ideal drafts (used them as examples for sure but clearly the positions on his mind)
  • Says he knows 5 guys who he thinks will be there at 30... if we pick
  • Extra picks in the 3rd/4th will be valued either by trading up or by trading back from the first and acquiring more that way
    • the suggestion being being that that’s an option if there’s not a guy we like at 30 and that could well be the case

JO_75

Hall of Famer
Interesting wording by Ro. So Derrick Henry is going to make us stick to the run game... does this confirm we got away from the run game in the AFC Championship Game or that Lamar audible out of run plays?

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
Interesting wording by Ro. So Derrick Henry is going to make us stick to the run game... does this confirm we got away from the run game in the AFC Championship Game or that Lamar audible out of run plays?

Shit without him saying it, its confirmed.. last year was suppose to be our SB.. both monken and lamar fked that game up… harbaugh ass too

JO_75

Hall of Famer
Shit without him saying it, its confirmed.. last year was suppose to be our SB.. both monken and lamar fked that game up… harbaugh ass too
Yeah I'm interested in seeing how the Chargers will be. We thought it was a Greg Roman problem but apparently it's a John Harbaugh problem or a Lamar likes to audible too damn much problem.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Yeah I'm interested in seeing how the Chargers will be. We thought it was a Greg Roman problem but apparently it's a John Harbaugh problem or a Lamar likes to audible too damn much problem.
he wasn't given the authority to audible with roman

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
he wasn't given the authority to audible with roman
If he did any auds in that kc game, i wish he never had the authority to do so lol.. last yr was suppose to be our year. Team wouldve went down in the history books lol.. i can only forgive lamar if he ends season with 4k passing and 1k rushing

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Dog had beef with Greg Roman while both were still employed and with the team and my mans is like hey let’s run it back in powder blue instead.
But Roman isn’t necessarily the RB by committee guy, gore in SF, McCoy in buf, harbaugh is a guy who’s always been real big on rotating rbs and fucking up their flow.

JO_75

Hall of Famer
I don't know whose idea it was, maybe Macdonald but Seahawks are painting over the walls that had former players and Super Bowl stuff on it. Basically saying it's a new era, but kind of crazy at the same time. Was listening to McAfee talk how the Colts did the same thing in the post Manning era and I'm like, wouldn't you want your new players to look at the team's past success and great players on a wall and use that to inspire them? All I know is if someone tried that here with the O's or Ravens and paint over pictures of Cal Ripken, Eddie Murray, Brooks Robinson, Ray Lewis, Ed Reed, etc that new staff wouldn't last long in Baltimore at all. So maybe it was a good thing we let Macdonald walk.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
I don't know whose idea it was, maybe Macdonald but Seahawks are painting over the walls that had former players and Super Bowl stuff on it. Basically saying it's a new era, but kind of crazy at the same time. Was listening to McAfee talk how the Colts did the same thing in the post Manning era and I'm like, wouldn't you want your new players to look at the team's past success and great players on a wall and use that to inspire them? All I know is if someone tried that here with the O's or Ravens and paint over pictures of Cal Ripken, Eddie Murray, Brooks Robinson, Ray Lewis, Ed Reed, etc that new staff wouldn't last long in Baltimore at all. So maybe it was a good thing we let Macdonald walk.
That sounds egomaniacal

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
Cant do that here even if he wanted too. Not a single person would allow that shit here. All our former greats are still welcomed here.. most of hawks guys left on bad terms

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
But Roman isn’t necessarily the RB by committee guy, gore in SF, McCoy in buf, harbaugh is a guy who’s always been real big on rotating rbs and fucking up their flow.
Other than ray rice, we never really had a guy who can carry the load.. jk probably could but injuries wouldnt allow it

JAAM

Hall of Famer
Man I hope we get some trade action from a bunch of teams in the first round next Thursday that will hit like crack