• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Random Thought Thread

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
We do have an embarrassment of riches at the CB position. There simply won't be enough room for even the ones who are capable of starting on an NFL team. Seems like more trades would happen at some point. That certainly doesn't mean Jimmy is gone, but it adds to the intrigue for me.
I don't know our cap situation, but Clowney seems like he'd be out of reach. But it's fun to dream..
Our cap situation is kinda favorable for that kind of move. Jimmy would present savings, and I believe clowney could play under the OLB tag while we work out a deal, and push most of the salary to years 20/21 when we also have a strong chance of both Brandon Williams tony Jefferson being off the books.

At that point, barring high dollar free agent signings between now and then, earl Thomas, marshal yanda, and the Wolfpack would be the elder statesmen on this team and they’re all on entirely respectable contracts, which means we have a very young and talented team, and a qb who won’t be up for contract for another 2 years.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
I wish I never saw those tweets

I don't think Clowney does his best work in a 3-4, but he's good enough to still be a disruptive as hell.
I put so little stock into 34/43 anymore tbh. When grading an edge defender I look at 3 things, can he rush, can he run stop, what else can he do.

Clowney does the first 2 things at a very high level and the third thing frankly I don’t give a shit about unless you’re like a freak in that regard(tyus bowser really made me stop giving a shit about edge defenders “utility” such as coverage)

RL52TheGreatest

Ravens Ring of Honor
I truly believe that Clowney hasn't been used to his true potential yet. I can only imagine how Wink could scheme for this dude and take his talent to a whole new level. Clowney and Judon could wreak absolute havoc if we can make this happen...

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Is this real Adam schefter???

Attachments

• 58D31DC1-AE75-4094-8326-3B32973FD21D.png
    58D31DC1-AE75-4094-8326-3B32973FD21D.png
    537.1 KB · Views: 286

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Twitter is the worst smfh. Every refresh it’s another certified page but they add “1s” to the end of the tag and they always look legit

RL52TheGreatest

Ravens Ring of Honor
I kinda doubt that anything is gonna get announced tonight. And because of this, I'm only checking Twitter at the top of every hour (starting now)...lol

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
So lemme go ahead and jinx it right now by saying that Clowney will be a Raven because great ex-Texans are bound to be Ravens. Mods, can we get an angry react?

purp

Practice Squad
Nah.... too obvious

Even if it is just the rumor mill the fact that we’re even in this conversation is another illustration of the new era in our FO. The previous regime would’ve pursued this deal...after Clowney’s second contract a la Dumervil, Trevor Pryce, et al.

There was a lot of talk about DeCosta using this as an “assessment” year but even entertaining this shows that the Ravens want to win it all now and be aggressive doing so.

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
Even if it is just the rumor mill the fact that we’re even in this conversation is another illustration of the new era in our FO. The previous regime would’ve pursued this deal...after Clowney’s second contract a la Dumervil, Trevor Pryce, et al.

There was a lot of talk about DeCosta using this as an “assessment” year but even entertaining this shows that the Ravens want to win it all now and be aggressive doing so.
The whole thing was probably made up though

A1A

Veteran
Still Clowney is what 28?? And looks like hes finally coming into his own. Jimmy is gone next year anyway. I dont look at injury history either cause that schit and can happen to anyone. I'd make the deal...our pass rush would disappear at times. Watching ben sit back there for 10 secs at times on 3rd down drives me insane.