• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Random Thought Thread

Grim

Ravens Ring of Honor
It’ll be interesting to see what happens because TEN could very well win their division. They’re tied with HOU and have two games against them to end the season separated by one game against NO. Could definitely be a playoff picture shakeup soon.

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
It would be a dream if the Bills can pull themselves together for the next two games and come up with 2 big Ws.
Wishful thinking, I know but I'll be their biggest fan.

JO_75

Hall of Famer
It’ll be interesting to see what happens because TEN could very well win their division. They’re tied with HOU and have two games against them to end the season separated by one game against NO. Could definitely be a playoff picture shakeup soon.

Not only that, I'll give you another playoff shakeup. Chiefs sitting at 9-4, and you have the Titans at 8-5. Titans have the H2H tiebreaker meaning they win their division and they end up with the same record as the Chiefs, Tennessee becomes the third seed and the Chiefs are playing the Bills wild card weekend, not the Titans. Rams are only a game behind the Vikings, plus home field isn't decided in either conference. These next three weeks are going to be exciting.

Last edited by a moderator:

ravenslord

Ravens Ring of Honor
Not only that, I'll give you another playoff shakeup. Chiefs sitting at 9-5, and you have the Titans at 8-5. Titans have the H2H tiebreaker meaning they win their division and they end up with the same record as the Chiefs, Tennessee becomes the third seed and the Chiefs are playing the Bills wild card weekend, not the Titans. Rams are only a game behind the Vikings, plus home field isn't decided in either conference. These next three weeks are going to be exciting.
I’d love to see the Chiefs get beat up physically by the Bills . The Bills are pretty physical and certainly manhandled our offensive line .

Grim

Ravens Ring of Honor
Not only that, I'll give you another playoff shakeup. Chiefs sitting at 9-5, and you have the Titans at 8-5. Titans have the H2H tiebreaker meaning they win their division and they end up with the same record as the Chiefs, Tennessee becomes the third seed and the Chiefs are playing the Bills wild card weekend, not the Titans. Rams are only a game behind the Vikings, plus home field isn't decided in either conference. These next three weeks are going to be exciting.
Chiefs are 9-4 and TEN is currently not in the playoffs as BUF & PIT round out the final two spots. I suspect the AFCS comes down between TEN & HOU, which will be decided in these final 3 weeks yeah

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
Why are the steelers this good? I really don't get it. 3rd string quarterback, no true number one running back or wide receiver like they've had for so long. No top tight end either. The defense is pretty good but is it even top 10? Like what the fuck. Why can't they ever just fuck off for once.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Why are the steelers this good? I really don't get it. 3rd string quarterback, no true number one running back or wide receiver like they've had for so long. No top tight end either. The defense is pretty good but is it even top 10? Like what the [profanity deleted]. Why can't they ever just [profanity deleted] off for once.
the defense has been playing very well and the OL is very good. I have to give Tomlin credit this season, which is a good thing, because they will hang onto him. The Steelers have done just enough to win games.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Why are the steelers this good? I really don't get it. 3rd string quarterback, no true number one running back or wide receiver like they've had for so long. No top tight end either. The defense is pretty good but is it even top 10? Like what the [profanity deleted]. Why can't they ever just [profanity deleted] off for once.
Their defense is way better than pretty good, they have 2 guys playing at a compete-for-DPOY level in watt and Fitzpatrick, a DROY candidate in Devin bush, and then they have some stud receivers, run game, and OL. They have all the makings of a team that can win any given Sunday

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Their defense is way better than pretty good, they have 2 guys playing at a compete-for-DPOY level in watt and Fitzpatrick, a DROY candidate in Devin bush, and then they have some stud receivers, run game, and OL. They have all the makings of a team that can win any given Sunday
I disagree with you that Devin Bush has been playing at DROY level. He's done ok and has had some really good plays, but he's had a bunch of bad games as well. I liked Devin Bush a lot coming out and feel he will be a very good player, but I don't think he wins DROY. That being said, I agree, the Steelers defense has been playing VERY well.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
I disagree with you that Devin Bush has been playing at DROY level. He's done ok and has had some really good plays, but he's had a bunch of bad games as well. I liked Devin Bush a lot coming out and feel he will be a very good player, but I don't think he wins DROY. That being said, I agree, the Steelers defense has been playing VERY well.
DROY candidate and DROY are 2 different things lol, nick bosa obviously is the DROY and Devin white recently has bypassed bush, but aside from that there aren’t really any rookie defenders one would say is flat out having a better year than bush.

rossihunter2

Staff Member

their defence is pretty awesome - that defensive front is up there with the 49ers for best in the league - it's statistically top 5 in yds/game and 6th in scoring/game while also being number 1 in sacks and number 1 in turnovers (more than the patriots)

and fyi their 3rd string qb is way better than their 2nd string qb and it shouldnt have taken them as long as it did to change

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
DROY candidate and DROY are 2 different things lol, nick bosa obviously is the DROY and Devin white recently has bypassed bush, but aside from that there aren’t really any rookie defenders one would say is flat out having a better year than bush.
I didn't read it correctly. My bad

rossihunter2

Staff Member

yeah he's not winning DROY because there are guys out there like Nick Bosa and Devin White who've had monster seasons and especially have come on later in the year

but joey's point still stands - he's close to being in that conversation and add that to the 2 DPOY candidates + their pro bowl talents elsewhere on defence and you're looking at a nasty unit back to front

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
that's a good point - tomlin has done an awesome job coaching this year - i dont think he was ever at threat of losing his job though
Neither do I, especially with Rooney being the owner. It does show how much Tomlin kept in house when Bell and Brown were on the team.

Just a quick thought on the game. We're lucky to be so strong across the board that when one of our strengths such as the ground game or the secondary were to have an off day its not devastating, and we can win in other ways.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Just a quick thought on the game. We're lucky to be so strong across the board that when one of our strengths such as the ground game or the secondary were to have an off day its not devastating, and we can win in other ways.

what's even more awesome is that a strength of previous years - our special teams - was struggling earlier in the year but against the 49ers it came up huge in 2 or 3 different spots

we currently have the number 1 offence in the league, a defence that rates in the top 5 in lots of categories and is comfortably in the top 10, and now a special teams that currently ranks number 2 in DVOA

we are the most balanced team in the NFL and its not even close, with elite playmakers in every single phase

what's even more awesome is that a strength of previous years - our special teams - was struggling earlier in the year but against the 49ers it came up huge in 2 or 3 different spots

we currently have the number 1 offence in the league, a defence that rates in the top 5 in lots of categories and is comfortably in the top 10, and now a special teams that currently ranks number 2 in DVOA

we are the most balanced team in the NFL and its not even close, with elite playmakers in every single phase

rookie WRs too. we've been clamoring for a stud #1 WR for decades when all we really need was Lamar Jackson. fck all those AP wide receivers they can all go to Cleveland and lose :D

and how about the wheels on Hurst, I knew he was an athlete but that boy can flat out fly