• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Random Thought Thread

JO_75

Hall of Famer
Owners approved the following:

Failing on 4th & 15: Owners do not approve 4th & 15 alternative and it has been tabled.

The Belichick Rule: Owners approve measure to stop teams from running out the clock following dead ball penalties in the fourth quarter or overtime.

Return from IR: A team may now bring back up to three players from IR instead of 2.

Madden Monopoly: Owners approved an extension of the exclusive rights deal with EA Sports through 2025. If certain financial marks are met, the deal runs through 2026. For those unaware, this is exclusive rights to making a simulation NFL game shutting out 2K or another company from making a simulation game. The NFL and 2K agreed to a new partnership but it won't be a simulation game that competes with Madden for another 5-6 years.

Deebo813

Hall of Famer

Failing on 4th & 15: Owners do not approve 4th & 15 alternative and it has been tabled.

The Belichick Rule: Owners approve measure to stop teams from running out the clock following dead ball penalties in the fourth quarter or overtime.

Return from IR: A team may now bring back up to three players from IR instead of 2.

Madden Monopoly: Owners approved an extension of the exclusive rights deal with EA Sports through 2025. If certain financial marks are met, the deal runs through 2026. For those unaware, this is exclusive rights to making a simulation NFL game shutting out 2K or another company from making a simulation game. The NFL and 2K agreed to a new partnership but it won't be a simulation game that competes with Madden for another 5-6 years.
Idk why people wanted a 2k game anyway.. it was never ever better than madden. Madden has been terrible this year though

Willbacker

Ravens Ring of Honor

I like the idea of the 4th and 15 but imo 4th and 20 would be better. It should be relegated to 4th qtr. I'd like to keep the regular onside cuz of the surprize aspects of it.

Also IR's should be unlimited just attach game amounts of like 4 to 8 games or something like. Makes good use of the practice squad.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
The thing about Mims was people were shocked about his combine testing numbers. Meaning, he didn’t show any of that on tape. He was a contested catch guy and couldn’t really get separation. The Big12 isn’t really known for defense neither.

I have a feeling EDC went more off the tapes than measurables. Drafting Mims because of his 98 percentile or whatever is kind of a repeat from why EDC drafted Boykin.

that's simply not true - he was not just a "contested catch" guy

he's a legitimate separator who's a threat deep - going sub-4.4 was surprising but him being fast was not

rossihunter2

Staff Member

i dont get it - its been tabled because owners are worried that it makes the comeback too easy and yet down by a score or more, many nfl teams dont go for 4th and much less even with not much time left... not sure this changes the difficulty - only really might change the aggressiveness of coaches league-wide

cdp

Ravens Ring of Honor
haha Dame is destroying Orlovsky on twitter. I would've never thought that Orlovsky is an even worse analyst than he was a player lol

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
haha Dame is destroying Orlovsky on twitter. I would've never thought that Orlovsky is an even worse analyst than he was a player lol

This Orlovsky guy is REALLY tryna trigger me LMAO. First, it's Lamar. Now, it's Dame (I'm a Blazers fan too, btw if it wasn't obvious)? Who's next? Jeter? This guy is an actor.

Reactions: cdp

rossihunter2

Staff Member
This Orlovsky guy is REALLY tryna trigger me LMAO. First, it's Lamar. Now, it's Dame (I'm a Blazers fan too, btw if it wasn't obvious)? Who's next? Jeter? This guy is an actor.

its really annoying because i found him pretty insightful throughout the regular season but maybe it's because he's trying to get this ESPN monday night gig by improving his profile somewhat but he's clearly purposefully stoking conversation

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
its really annoying because i found him pretty insightful throughout the regular season but maybe it's because he's trying to get this ESPN monday night gig by improving his profile somewhat but he's clearly purposefully stoking conversation
And that's what gets me. I had no issue with him during the season either. I mean, yes, these sports talk shows are entertainment (good or bad) as First Take makes this abundantly clear. But my man, don't make it that obvious. His recent arguments, hot takes, whatever, make no sense at all.

Sami84

Ravens Ring of Honor
anyone know where i can watch that harbaugh presser that happened a few hours ago? has it been uploaded anywhere?

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer