• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Random Thought Thread

ThatsMyJoeTerback

Ravens Ring of Honor
Damn.... I've been doing my YouTube channel all wrong. Going to turn it into nothing but hot takes so one day I can make $8M a year spewing nonsense on National TV.

sports debate is no longer about substance because they all regurgitate the same topics. it's solely there for entertainment. the only sports debate thats somewhat good is speak for yourself on fs1

most of the big name analysts are way behind in using metrics and analytics pertinent to sports in 2021

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
sports debate is no longer about substance because they all regurgitate the same topics. it's solely there for entertainment. the only sports debate thats somewhat good is speak for yourself on fs1

most of the big name analysts are way behind in using metrics and analytics pertinent to sports in 2021
Speak for yourself is literally the worst sports debate show there has ever been, it was terrible with Whitlock, it’s every bit as bad with Wiley and acho, the whole show is just them using long winded pointless metaphors and references from pop culture, achos voice is obnoxious and I can’t stand it, and Lavar Arrington is the worst regular guest in sports media.

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer

2 dudes who went opposite ways - sr came here from the panthers and retired a raven, and torrey went to the panthers to finish his career

but both played like ravens the whole time and belonged here

such a cool photo

I wish SSS was a Raven his entire career. His mentality was built for the AFC North when it was the black and blue division.

ThatsMyJoeTerback

Ravens Ring of Honor
Speak for yourself is literally the worst sports debate show there has ever been, it was terrible with Whitlock, it’s every bit as bad with Wiley and acho, the whole show is just them using long winded pointless metaphors and references from pop culture, achos voice is obnoxious and I can’t stand it, and Lavar Arrington is the worst regular guest in sports media.
there's a really low bar for good sports debate, but i think sfy meets that bar. i don't mind the pointless metaphors because it brings a different perspective to the arguments that pretty much every other debate show wouldn't bring. they actually debate each other unlike undisputed or first take. ofc whitlock sucks, but ive loved wiley ever since he was at sportsnation. acho's voice is very annoying tho ill give you that lol.
there's a reason why people still tune in to watch colin cowherd despite his lack of knowledge for sports. he keeps it fresh and always finds ways to tie sports to things in our daily lives, and his segments are fascinating to say the least lol

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
there's a really low bar for good sports debate, but i think sfy meets that bar. i don't mind the pointless metaphors because it brings a different perspective to the arguments that pretty much every other debate show wouldn't bring. they actually debate each other unlike undisputed or first take. ofc whitlock sucks, but ive loved wiley ever since he was at sportsnation. acho's voice is very annoying tho ill give you that lol.
there's a reason why people still tune in to watch colin cowherd despite his lack of knowledge for sports. he keeps it fresh and always finds ways to tie sports to things in our daily lives, and his segments are fascinating to say the least lol
Plus joy Taylor

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
I hope there's a preseason this year. Guys like Duv and Proche are gonna need as many in-game reps as possible IMO. I truly believe the lack of it last season hurt their development.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
I hope there's a preseason this year. Guys like Duv and Proche are gonna need as many in-game reps as possible IMO. I truly believe the lack of it last season hurt their development.

proche for sure - not sure the preseason would have helped duvernay much, his struggles weren't about play-speed and physicality or even reps (because he got a fair few despite not producing a ton)

i think the 2 players who needed the preseason the most from that rookie class though were Tyre Phillips and Patrick Queen - would have been great for them to have some easing in to get up to speed before the live fire hit

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
with emphasis

Deebo813

Hall of Famer

I agree.. im 28 and stopper watching this shit when i was 15.. they have no idea what theyre talking about lol..it goes for the players that are analysts also. Yea they know what it takes to become a pro but as far as analyzing and observing, they know nothing

redrum52

Hall of Famer
I agree.. im 28 and stopper watching this shit when i was 15.. they have no idea what theyre talking about lol..it goes for the players that are analysts also. Yea they know what it takes to become a pro but as far as analyzing and observing, they know nothing

Don't mind Mark Schlereth, Romo and Louis Riddick. For the most part, they're usually tough to listen to.

RL52TheGreatest

Ravens Ring of Honor

More and more, as you get older, you realize that most people don't know what they're doing and are just faking it (this goes for all professions) lol

Simba

Staff Member
Dak just signed a 4 year, $160M deal with $126M guaranteed. That's insane. I'm very curious to see which team is the first to try the "bargain" QB route. Just keep drafting them and letting them walk or trade them after their 4th/5th year. The way these contracts are growing is just insane, so you have to think some team is going to try the moneyball approach at QB at some point. Not always going to work but it might be an interesting experiment to see a team go all in for a shorter period.