• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Random Thought Thread

Militant X 1

Ravens Ring of Honor
Yes, but remember who is calling plays

Aww damn!
4ulL8wQ.gif

Indeed. M***y doesn't have the creativity or competence to do such a thing. If we win and our offense looks good, it's a GUARANTEE that he will return.
I mean that is just true. The outcome will be the deciding factor on things and if we’re winning with Marty and the offense is functioning he will stay - even if he will periodically anger us

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
Honestly not trolling when I say this. The browns scare me more than the chargers did. I said it a few times I thought it would be close, but we were the better team between us and LAC. However, I am a huge fan of the browns. Very athletic defense, an offense that looks really solid and looks lethal when Baker is on his game and not turning the ball over. I think baker had his best game yet today against Cincy. The browns have historically played us hard. I don't think this is a trap game at all like how some have been saying I have a bad feeling against the browns. I honestly think the browns are a really good team and someone I am scared to see next season. This will be a tough game no doubt, but the experience of our defense will be too much for the rookie. 24-13 Ravens.

flynismo

Practice Squad
Honestly not trolling when I say this. The browns scare me more than the chargers did. I said it a few times I thought it would be close, but we were the better team between us and LAC. However, I am a huge fan of the browns. Very athletic defense, an offense that looks really solid and looks lethal when Baker is on his game and not turning the ball over. I think baker had his best game yet today against Cincy. The browns have historically played us hard. I don't think this is a trap game at all like how some have been saying I have a bad feeling against the browns. I honestly think the browns are a really good team and someone I am scared to see next season. This will be a tough game no doubt, but the experience of our defense will be too much for the rookie. 24-13 Ravens.

Sorry, but we're steamrolling the Browns next week. The scoreboard may only say we will win by 10 or 13, but it will be one of those games that felt like a blowout. They just have no answer for anything we do offensively or defensively.

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
Sorry, but we're steamrolling the Browns next week. The scoreboard may only say we will win by 10 or 13, but it will be one of those games that felt like a blowout. They just have no answer for anything we do offensively or defensively.
Maaaaannnnn I hope you right. Sounding a HELLUVA lot more optimistic than I am.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Breshad is going to score on a 4th and 29 with 15 seconds left and I’m going to break my own legs
no, he may catch the ball, but forget where the goal to gain is and stop a half yard shy. Just seems like a Perriman thing to do.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
How many offensive rookies have been better than mark Andrews? You got the obvious Barkley, Quenton Nelson is as advertised, there’s an argument for Ridley, dj Moore, Chubb, and only an argument for 2/3 of those. Offensive rookie skill positions I think Andrews may legitimately have had the 3rd best season after Barkley and Ridley, and considering he’s a TE that is extremely impressive. We got ourselves a real one

Tank

Hall of Famer
How many offensive rookies have been better than mark Andrews? You got the obvious Barkley, Quenton Nelson is as advertised, there’s an argument for Ridley, dj Moore, Chubb, and only an argument for 2/3 of those. Offensive rookie skill positions I think Andrews may legitimately have had the 3rd best season after Barkley and Ridley, and considering he’s a TE that is extremely impressive. We got ourselves a real one
I almost fell off the couch when he ran away from those Charger DBs like they were standing still. Dude is a special talent.

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
Mike glitchey too.

cdp

Ravens Ring of Honor
Andrews exceeded my expectations after missing parts of TC, he also has to overcome M**** playcalling and he doesn't see as many snaps as the other guys you mentioned

sailorsam

Practice Squad
I'm scared to death of the Browns.
two years in a row we lose late to division foe and miss playoffs. please no third.

quote from SI:
"Just a reminder: The NFL made the Ravens travel cross-country on a short week to play an opponent who had an extra three days’ rest. It was patently unfair, and the Ravens still dominated this game against arguably the hottest team in football."

ha ha, thanks for noticing.
source: https://www.si.com/nfl/2018/12/23/r...at-titans-saints-offense-problems-josh-gordon

RL52TheGreatest

Ravens Ring of Honor
Andrews could legit be the best receiving TE that we've ever had. If we can get an OC that actually knows how to better incorporate TEs into the offense then Andrews could put up Kelce-like numbers. Also, this dude has me dying every time he does the "Salt Bae" celebration after a big catch. lol

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
As it stands.. next season we play KC, HOU, nfc west, plus our own div rivals and the trash ass pats along with the rest of div... this gonna be a tough one

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Here’s my thoughts on the remainder of the season...

After seeing us dominate the chargers in LA on a short week vs their long week, I see these ravens in a different light, but not entirely...

I didn’t feel good about this game, I expected us to lose in a blowout, I was proven wrong, this defense has stepped up time and time again and if not for a fluke 4th and 9 tossup into the teeth of our zone coverage from mahomes this defense would’ve had us at 6-0 and beating the 2 best teams in the afc.

It’s not unreasonable to say the ravens are the toughest team to beat in the afc at this very moment, good defense can’t stop us, good offense can’t beat us, road or home, we’re running, we’re hitting you, we’re winning.

I still am scarred from years past, I’m not ready to call it for us, we have one last demon to exorcise, and that is the week 17 divisional matchup to make it in. We have to beat the browns before I declare us a legitimate threat.

If we beat the browns next week, I will begin feeling like we actually have a shot at the super bowl, and not a long shot either, I believe we can beat any team in the afc playoffs, the chiefs, chargers, patriots, don’t scare me, honestly the team I worry most about is the Texans. Beat the browns and prove you aren’t that choke artist team anymore, and I’ll be sold, and I’ll be all the way on board calling us a legitimate super bowl contender, because every excuse and “but” so far has been debunked on the field and the excuses have run out, there’s no more “if lamar played a good defense” or “if lamar played on the road” or “if lamar has to score with an elite offense”, they’ve all been tried and we’ve come out either with a win or a bullshit loss(call DPI on Chris Moore in the endzone and lamar is 6-0).