• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Random Thought Thread

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
All im saying is that charger players would and will not cause that many penalties again if we played in offs. They shut our run game down 2nd half yet we were still trying to run on 2nd and long.. in order for us to win in offs, our offense needs to be 3x better than what it was Sat. Id rather play patriots than chargers again.
I would, too - Chargers are probably the toughest matchup for us in the AFC. Not going to happen though, we'll see them again in WC game.

sailorsam

Practice Squad
I would, too - Chargers are probably the toughest matchup for us in the AFC. Not going to happen though, we'll see them again in WC game.
disagree. we just saw Saturday night what we can do to them.
Chiefs and Cheatriots worry me. Chiefs have Mahomes Magic, and Cheatriots will eat us up with those crossing patterns with Gronk and whomever.

sailorsam

Practice Squad
trivia question
14 of the last 15 AFC Championship games have featured the Patriots or Steelers (sometimes both).

what was the one matchup with neither of those teams?
(hint; not the Ravens)

That opi on Allen wasn’t a bad call, it could’ve went either way but you can’t really say it was a BAD call. Not much difference between that opi and crabs, both could’ve went either way
True but many here complained about those opi calls on Snead and Crab so I was giving them the benefit of that one. Beside I think people generally feel that calls which could go either way should be no calls.

Everything else I saw was pretty egregious regarding holding on their o line and those were critical factors in the play being made and they deserved to be called back.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Hmm - I don't think I agree.

If we get the Texans, it will be because their last 4 weeks has been: A home loss to Indy, a narrow victory vs. the Jets, a loss to the Eagles and then top that off with a critical home loss to the Jags and drop the division title.

If that's their path to come play at the bank, I'm not so sure why that would be a bad thing for us.

And they’re losing players all the time

They’ve got only 3 players that scare me - watt, clowney and Hopkins... and tbh not a huge number of complementary pieces to go with it

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
If we do somehow get a first round bye then I would use that time to work on Lamar. I’m talking serious reps because if you work on his throwing during that bye maybe you can correct some of these issues for a serious run. All he needs to do is work on stopping these fumbles and on a few tweaks with his form to make an impact right now. The rest do it in the off-season.
I think it could hurt and help us. Sure it could help us due to the fact that we could work on all the things you mentioned and let players get rested and healed up that aren’t 100%.

However it could also hurt the momentum and that’s what I’m seriously concerned about.

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
And they’re losing players all the time

They’ve got only 3 players that scare me - watt, clowney and Hopkins... and tbh not a huge number of complementary pieces to go with it
Kareem jackson has been playing very well this year. Their lbs are also very big. Mathiue is very decent.. now that i think about it, they need a new dc..

rossihunter2

Staff Member
What might The ravens run from this formation? I have a few notions and I think we'll need to. ( when opting to throw the football)
View attachment 1225

depends on personnel - I'm thinking play-action - fake run inside tackles to the right, wr runs a 9 or a skinny post, in-line te runs a seam after briefly chipping and engaging the edge guy, the wing/TE leaks past the edge and out into the flats with some room to run, the back should look to block someone if they blitz/bite on the run-fake

the 9 is likely not an option but you design a look-off to the 9 route but the first read is the seam

if you have a guy like Boyle or maxx as the inline guy (likely) in stead of hurst or andrews then i want to maybe see that TE seam become a dig route, the wing goes and runs a wheel route and the HB leaks to the flat

not 100% sure - just off the top of my head what id do with that formation pieces

Their QB isn't half bad either.
No not half bad indeed.

I’m seeing it from the team perspective and not from what individuals a team has. IMO I’d rather face a team that built their record early on and has struggled if late than one that has been hot. If HOU loses at home to JAX they will be anything but hot.

The only other choice for the opening round is LAC. Having just seen them and the fact they’ve been hot I’d rather take on someone who has yet to see us. Let Indy deal with them.

Aside from that looking at the big picture if we advance we’ll go to NE rather than KC. I like that option better too.

Ellicottraven

Ravens Ring of Honor
Can we make Lamar Jackson the Green Energy spokesperson?? I say this because any time any pundit talks about him, the word "sustainable" invariably pops up! WTF? I'm tired of people counting him out and saying this isn't sustainable instead of just sitting back and marveling at what this kid has accomplished so far? I truly believe this offense will keep morphing into something that can not only be sustained over the long haul but also one that thrives.