• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Random Thought Thread

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
it would surprise me - i think you're really underestimating hollywood... duvernay's fast but hollywood's the kind of fast and sudden that makes defenders go funny - he's also much better at the LoS getting off press and using his releases

he also had to play at 157 last year because of the screws in his foot - he's probably gonna be 170-175 this year and as he has said himself - last year the aim was to catch the ball and get down - next year it'll be catch the ball and take it to the house much like it was at oklahoma for him

duvernay's more physical and has some similar tools but there's a reason duvernay is a 3rd rounder and hollywood was taken in round 1 despite being injured and having screws in his foot

I completely agree with you. But can you explain why the screws had to make him play lighter?

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
I completely agree with you. But can you explain why the screws had to make him play lighter?
Can’t train the same. Too much muscle will fuck up flexibility if you can’t train your lower body the way you typically would. And most importantly just take strain off of your foot or you won’t be changing direction at all

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
Can’t train the same. Too much muscle will fuck up flexibility if you can’t train your lower body the way you typically would. And most importantly just take strain off of your foot or you won’t be changing direction at all

Damn. Hollywood is gonna be a monster next year. Because in all honesty, even if Hollywood didn't improve at all (we're all expecting big improvements), just another year working on timing with Lamar and Lamar getting better is already going to be so good for the two of them. If Hollywood gets even better and makes those opportunities even easier for Lamar, we're gonna be cooking

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
it would surprise me - i think you're really underestimating hollywood... duvernay's fast but hollywood's the kind of fast and sudden that makes defenders go funny - he's also much better at the LoS getting off press and using his releases

he also had to play at 157 last year because of the screws in his foot - he's probably gonna be 170-175 this year and as he has said himself - last year the aim was to catch the ball and get down - next year it'll be catch the ball and take it to the house much like it was at oklahoma for him

duvernay's more physical and has some similar tools but there's a reason duvernay is a 3rd rounder and hollywood was taken in round 1 despite being injured and having screws in his foot
Hollywood was also forced to push off with his 3 middle toes last year also. He was good last year, he's going to have a huge jump this year and he's putting in the work also.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Hollywood was also forced to push off with his 3 middle toes last year also. He was good last year, he's going to have a huge jump this year and he's putting in the work also.

i just think we're going to see, if nothing else, a markedly more explosive player which is ridiculous to think about given how he was already drawing attention because of his speed and explosion last year

Sami84

Ravens Ring of Honor
i think hollywood brown is going to be unstoppable this year. I don't think the NFL is ready for him

He's a good weight now. Looks explosive as can be from the video im watching. Epic, world class twisting and turning, agility. great hands and routes

He's going to be a number 1 WR.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
7083660D-2797-4125-A52C-E3C93BA40EED.jpeg

coffin dance bois watching Nina thomas forget to empty the chamber

Tank

Hall of Famer
I don't think anyone can question Brown's speed, talent, etc., definitely has the potential to be one of the best. The obvious question is can he stay healthy.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
the game?
Edit, never mind. SeatGeek fucked me royally. After the card was charged for the tickets(with a $126 service fee btw) they said tickets unavailable and canceled it and said THREE FUCKING WEEKS for a refund. I told those pieces of shit to give me a fucking credit to replace the tickets or they can fuck off and I’ll buy elsewhere after I’m refunded. That’s bullshit, completely unacceptable, who the fuck do they think they are

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer

Idk if y’all have seen this or not, but these boys are some damn fools lmao. 4 minute video and they were clowning for every last second of it lmao. It’s probably hard to get a word in around these 2 lol

This was top-notch lol. Thank you for this content.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Edit, never mind. SeatGeek fucked me royally. After the card was charged for the tickets(with a $126 service fee btw) they said tickets unavailable and canceled it and said THREE FUCKING WEEKS for a refund. I told those pieces of shit to give me a fucking credit to replace the tickets or they can fuck off and I’ll buy elsewhere after I’m refunded. That’s bullshit, completely unacceptable, who the fuck do they think they are
that's ridiculous. I'd love to go to a game in Pittsburgh someday.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
what was the price and what is the section?
section 139, bottom level in the corner at the open side of the stadium. best tickets ive ever bought with my own money lol, ive always bought the cheapest tickets available in the nosebleeds, nice change of pace to finally buy something decent. cost me 511

my wifes family is from altoona and theyre all steelers fans. gonna surprise her with these for mothers day tomorrow, were either gonna stay 2 nights in Pitt or see if a family member lets us stay wednesday and make the 2 hour trip on thursday and stay the night in pitt. probably just gonna stay in pitt 2 nights though, no need to complicate it