• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Random Thought Thread

QtR Nevermore

Pro Bowler

I didn’t watch the game my god there is blatant uncalled holding on key plays, fuck the Cheifs man. Unreal

That's how they create the narrative of Mahomes greatness and he doesn't even need it. He is the best, but winning in the NFL is really hard so the refs make sure he's untouched on key plays.

It was the early plays that got that treatment in the Ravens game, because that's when it would be most effective to prevent the Ravens building a lead and running it out.

It's the Tuck Rule+ (because getting Taylor to the Super Bowl was so lucrative for the NFL).

OURavensFan

Ravens Ring of Honor
That's how they create the narrative of Mahomes greatness and he doesn't even need it. He is the best, but winning in the NFL is really hard so the refs make sure he's untouched on key plays.

It was the early plays that got that treatment in the Ravens game, because that's when it would be most effective to prevent the Ravens building a lead and running it out.

It's the Tuck Rule+ (because getting Taylor to the Super Bowl was so lucrative for the NFL).
It’s so hard for me to get excited about the off season because of how dominant we just were and how we should be champions right now. It’s just sickening what happened.

Sooky

Pro Bowler
B+ is hardly a bad grade. lol
I mean…. 20th/32 is pretty bad. Graded on a curve with the rest of the league that’s more like a C-.

Edit: 8 teams have a new HC this year. So taking those guys out only 4 coaches had lower grades than Harbaugh in a 13-4 1st seed season. Yes I know some of those coaches might have been higher than Harbaugh and left for other reasons. It’s still not a good look after how the season ended.

Last edited:

Tank

Hall of Famer
I mean…. 20th/32 is pretty bad. Graded on a curve with the rest of the league that’s more like a C-.

Edit: 8 teams have a new HC this year. So taking those guys out only 4 coaches had lower grades than Harbaugh in a 13-4 1st seed season. Yes I know some of those coaches might have been higher than Harbaugh and left for other reasons. It’s still not a good look after how the season ended.
Point being the way the scoring is calculated there’s instances where there’s not much difference in scores between the top and the bottom, thus the B+ grade at #20. It’s not like it’s an exact incremental ranking of how the players feel about their HC.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
I actually find the older uniforms better than the current ones. I do love the all black though. I do think the Ravens have a very boring jersey. I really hope it gets revamped shortly. I definitely see their jersey as a bottom half of of the league if not lower jersey.
Mike McCarthy got an A so we can just throw these grades out with the dishwater

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Ooooff 20th ranked HC with a first round bye and an AFC championship appearance…

Players do not like Harbaugh as much as fans and the media.

It’s specifically a ranking of these two categories:
  • 79% of players feel the head coach John Harbaugh is efficient with their time (25th overall)
  • The players feel John Harbaugh is somewhat willing to listen to the locker room (21st overall)