• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Bring Your Dog to Practice Night: WORST Idea Ever

29BmoreBird22

Staff Member
Writer
It is the fireworks night. I went to the one 3 years ago and I saw Bisciotti driving Ray around in a golf cart. I also got some guys (KO, Deonte Thompson, Morgan Cox, Elam, Will Hill, and maybe Orr) to sign my Ngata jersey. The fireworks were canceled, but they were pretty cool when I went the next year.
What are the chances of getting an autograph at one of those practices?

I have a Jimmy Smith jersey that I want to get signed and he seems to sign if it's his merchandise, but I'm not sure how likely it is that the big names sign.

SepticeyePoe

Hall of Famer

I have a Jimmy Smith jersey that I want to get signed and he seems to sign if it's his merchandise, but I'm not sure how likely it is that the big names sign.
I think you had to be 14 and under to get an autograph at the open practices. I was 14 then and I got a special wristband and they let the kids go down to the front rows for autographs when the practice was over. All of the players walked around the stadium in a circle signing things, but most of the guys didn't make it to me. If you can find a kid to take your jersey down, you might have a shot, but it would depend on where Jimmy is when the practice ends.

Rav'n Maniac

Practice Squad
I think you had to be 14 and under to get an autograph at the open practices. I was 14 then and I got a special wristband and they let the kids go down to the front rows for autographs when the practice was over. All of the players walked around the stadium in a circle signing things, but most of the guys didn't make it to me. If you can find a kid to take your jersey down, you might have a shot, but it would depend on where Jimmy is when the practice ends.
I know a kid that will do it for 20 bucks. Never mind, he'll just sign it himself and keep the money. :p

29BmoreBird22

Staff Member
Writer
Good thing I'm 22 with a 14 year old's maturity.

ThatsMyJoeTerback

Ravens Ring of Honor

I got my Weddle autograph at the media gate where there was a large crowd.

K-Dog

MVP
I got a Weddle one at a Ravens game last year. He seems like he'll sign everyone's. Jimmy seems like you really have to grab his attention.

Jimmy gave my wife a high five.

My daughter was picked to be The Ravens Tee Kid for a game. ( she got to run out on the field at the opening kick off and grab the kicking tee )
We got to hang out on the sidelines before the game. My wife was wearing her Jimmy Smith jersey. Jimmy walked by and I yelled " Hey Jimmy !!" and pointed to her. Jimmy turned around and gave her a high five.

29BmoreBird22

Staff Member
Writer
Jimmy gave my wife a high five.

My daughter was picked to be The Ravens Tee Kid for a game. ( she got to run out on the field at the opening kick off and grab the kicking tee )
We got to hang out on the sidelines before the game. My wife was wearing her Jimmy Smith jersey. Jimmy walked by and I yelled " Hey Jimmy !!" and pointed to her. Jimmy turned around and gave her a high five.
That's really awesome.

When I went to the game, Jimmy was just walking by to leave and I yelled, "Jimmy, you're my favorite player!" and he turns around and points at me and was like, "You got my jersey?" I do have it, but I had forgotten it at home five hours away, so I told him that and asked him to sign my scarf because I had nothing else on me to sign and he did. He then took a couple pictures with me and didn't sign for anyone else or do pictures for anyone else.

Boldnpurpblack

Practice Squad
That's really awesome.

When I went to the game, Jimmy was just walking by to leave and I yelled, "Jimmy, you're my favorite player!" and he turns around and points at me and was like, "You got my jersey?" I do have it, but I had forgotten it at home five hours away, so I told him that and asked him to sign my scarf because I had nothing else on me to sign and he did. He then took a couple pictures with me and didn't sign for anyone else or do pictures for anyone else.
I just got my Jimmy jersey for my bday... gonna try to get it signed this season.

So is anyone going to this? I live a few blocks away from the Stadium in Fed Hill, so I'll be there if it's not raining