• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Restaurant Thread

K-Dog

MVP
I really enjoyed the restaurant thread on the other boards, and being a foodie I will start one here.

My first entry will be La Posta Pizzeria Baltimore Annapolis Boulevard in Severna Park.

Those of you old enough to remember Harundale Mall in Glen Burnie will remember The Italian Delight, the pizza joint that was in the middle of the mall. Well La Posta is run by his son, using many family recipes.
My first time there was just for pizza and an attempt to relive the years of Harundale Mall. My expectations put me in a bad place. What I recalled from the mall was a good old fashioned greasy, floppy, New York style pizza. While I was disappointed I didn't get one of those old pizza's what I did get was a fantastic more traditional Italian type pizza. ( read fru-fru ) Just so we are on the same page. This is no pizza and sub joint. This is straight up Italian American.

The next visit was for my wifes birthday. She loves Italian, true Italian food.
She had ravioli and I had lasagna. I am pretty sure both were the best I ever had. The red sauce is so fantastic. Everything on our plates were done right. The meats, the noodles, everything.
The service of course complimented the meal well, which was outstanding.

This place does Italian right folks. If you are down in Northern Anne Arundel county and you have a hankering for Italian. This is your place, my friends.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Fagers island in oc - best prime rib you'll ever eat

Crab cake factory in oc - best specialty bloody Mary's and crab cakes ever

Fogo de chao - for fat fucks like myself to absolutely engorge their guts until they feel like dying(not actually fat, just eat a lot and proudly carry a man gut)

J&j's in arbutus - best breakfast sandwiches you'll ever have for mad cheap, and the nicest little old Korean lady I have ever met

K-Dog

MVP
1) WAY bold statement
2) very good crab cake. Top five easy. Not better than G&M. [/opinion]
3) that place has been on my to go list for some time.
4) I am gonna take your word for it on this one. I am not driving to Arbutus for breakfast. I trust you.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
1) WAY bold statement
2) very good crab cake. Top five easy. Not better than G&M. [/opinion]
3) that place has been on my to go list for some time.
4) I am gonna take your word for it on this one. I am not driving to Arbutus for breakfast. I trust you.
try the prime rib there and tell me its bold lol

K-Dog

MVP
you need to choose the fine dining side for the prime rib, you can fill up there, then hit the bar 20 feet away when youre ready. pretty nice, but pricey
Sounds great but I don't drink.
But I eat red meat so its all good. ^_^

purplepittabread88

Staff Member
Administrator
I'm a South California guy and I'm heading out to Baltimore in October to check out John Hopkins and Georgetown, staying for a Ravens game. I need to know 4-5 MUST GO places. I have no food regulations so just let me know ^_^

K-Dog

MVP
Mission BBQ.
Amazing food. I recommend the Old Bay Ribs. ( don't sauce them they are perfect as is )
Great place. Super active in community support as well as military and first responders. Everyday at noon everything stop and they play the National Anthem. Most will stop and stand at attention.
Just a great place all around.
www.mission-bbq.com

Oldfaithful

Hall of Famer
You want to have the full-on crabbing experience bo brooks is pretty fantastic. They give you a whole crab and then you get to smash and tear it apart.

Fucking expensive as shit. But delicious.

Has anyone ever been to Jeno's in Severna Park? Best cheese steaks in the area, hands down. They cut up rib eyes to use for their cheese steaks, and the fries are board walk style, and they hook them up like Five Guys does. They are a little pricey but it's worth it IMO

K-Dog

MVP
You want to have the full-on crabbing experience bo brooks is pretty fantastic. They give you a whole crab and then you get to smash and tear it apart.

Smash and tear it apart?
What the hell are you talking about?
That is NOT how you eat a crab, you out of towner !!!

purplepittabread88

Staff Member
Administrator

Would this be the famous restaurant you see on CBS or FOX when they are smashing crabs lol? Gosh I miss football season. I went to Baltimore once back in 2012 for a day and ended up eating at... wait for it.... Quiznos Lol. I was 12 okay. I'm trying to remember the name of this sauce, it is a famous one from Baltimore that I've been told you guys from Baltimore are bottle fed it. I think it is a seasoning.

Oldfaithful

Hall of Famer
Smash and tear it apart?
What the hell are you talking about?
That is NOT how you eat a crab, you out of towner !!!

Granted it's been 6 years since I've lived in Maryland but still. That's what I did every time we went. It's fun but a far cry from what we did when we cooked them at home

K-Dog

MVP
It was the "SMASH" and "TEAR" that threw me. To get ample good meat you need to be a bit graceful.
Oh and the claws I just give those to the kids.