• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

2020 RB Draft Thread

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
NBC Sports' Peter King reports the Buccaneers "would love to get a complete running back who can catch to complement Tom Brady."
Brady has had a strong pass-catching running back for most of his Hall of Fame career, and the Bucs don't have one on their roster. The No. 14 overall pick is probably too early for them to fill this need, but they have two other top-100 picks (45, 76). There are a few potential great fits in this deep 2020 class, including LSU's Clyde Edwards-Helaire who caught 55 passes from Joe Burrow last season. Expect Ronald Jones to face competition this offseason.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
NBC Sports' Peter King reports the Buccaneers "would love to get a complete running back who can catch to complement Tom Brady."
Brady has had a strong pass-catching running back for most of his Hall of Fame career, and the Bucs don't have one on their roster. The No. 14 overall pick is probably too early for them to fill this need, but they have two other top-100 picks (45, 76). There are a few potential great fits in this deep 2020 class, including LSU's Clyde Edwards-Helaire who caught 55 passes from Joe Burrow last season. Expect Ronald Jones to face competition this offseason.

CEH to the bucs would feel like the most obvious 2nd round pick in the draft if it happens

cdp

Ravens Ring of Honor
Taylor was on the Herd and he sounds exactly like a Harbaugh guy. I wouldn't be surprised if we take him

Willbacker

Ravens Ring of Honor
um... this thread is really interesting:

and I have to say - it would suggest that @JoeyFlex5 has a lot of good things to say about RBs this year given where 2 of his "guys" ranked here

Now I gotta take a look at Zeke Moss. At 2nd if Taylor or CEH is there for sure I'd do it and Akers or maybe Moss at pick 92. Other than that to me its a crap shoot.

Interesting writeup.

Reactions: cdp

Simba

Staff Member
I think in general, I just don't see the value of a RB this year. Next year when Ingram could be cut and Edwards is a RFA? Absolutely. This year? Roll with what we have a pick up a late rounder or a couple UDFAs. RB isn't really a position that you need to groom much so if you get to next year and need a guy, get him then. If you run into injuries this year, pick one up off the street. I just don't find the need to draft a RB as early as day 2 for depth. I'll take one if I need a starter but when I'm already 3 deep, I'll look elsewhere.