• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

SuperBowl Discussion Thread (Other Teams)

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
Two of which, the only reason they came back was inept coaching by BOB and Shanahan last night. Give Belichick a 24-0 lead in the first quarter and he doesn't blow it like BOB. It's still impressive but inept coaching played a big part in it.

Shanahan is Dean Pees of the Offensive side of the ball.
24-0 1st quarter can still be blown by BB or any great coach . it wasnt like huston was playing great offense and defense. They got fumbles, muffed punts for great field positions much like how we started out against titans

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
Here to ask a question. Do you think during the Bengals window they had a SB roster? I do.
Hell yea! I think most will agree. Their roster has always been talented for the most part. The org as a whole plus coaches were just bad. Not SB worthy but i think their current roster is also
Pretty decent

Adreme

Ravens Ring of Honor
Here to ask a question. Do you think during the Bengals window they had a SB roster? I do.

I think they were like the Texans, in that same era, in that they had the roster but not the QB and without the QB you really do not have a chance.

redrum52

Hall of Famer
I think they were like the Texans, in that same era, in that they had the roster but not the QB and without the QB you really do not have a chance.

I actually think the roster was good enough to overcome Dalton. For whatever reason could never get it done or injuries got in the way. Probably a combination of coaching and qb play.

2015 Bengals roster was absolutely stacked and had Andy Dalton playing at an MVP level before he went down for the year

2015 Bengals were the best team in the NFL in that season imo

Was having this discussion. I thought Bengals had a top 5 roster around that period but just couldn't put it all together.

Sidenote, I blame Bernard not Burfict for not having a playoff win.

Adreme

Ravens Ring of Honor
I actually think the roster was good enough to overcome Dalton. For whatever reason could never get it done or injuries got in the way. Probably a combination of coaching and qb play.

Was having this discussion. I thought Bengals had a top 5 roster around that period but just couldn't put it all together.

Sidenote, I blame Bernard not Burfict for not having a playoff win.

It is hard for me to be down on Marvin Lewis when I remember what that team was when he took over (and what they have been since he left). I will always remember watching SportsCenter after the hire and one of the commentators said "If he can win 8 games next year with this roster he is Vince Lombardi". They went 8-8 that year.

rossihunter2

Staff Member

i dont think rosters need to overcome dalton necessarily - he's always played at the level the rest of that roster was at - he's not good enough to elevate a bad roster and in fact is not good when surrounded by a sub-par team but when the roster's good he's also improved too

Adreme

Ravens Ring of Honor
i dont think rosters need to overcome dalton necessarily - he's always played at the level the rest of that roster was at - he's not good enough to elevate a bad roster and in fact is not good when surrounded by a sub-par team but when the roster's good he's also improved too

The roster they had though was not just good, it was SB level good. With a real QB, or even an average one, that team is competing for the SB pretty much every year during that stretch rather than being a one and done.