• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

SuperBowl Discussion Thread (Other Teams)

Craven_Raven

Practice Squad
Shanahan gave it to them.

There were a ton of calls and no-calls that broke the Chiefs way from the end of the first half forward from the OPI to the DPI where the guy was guilty of nothing but face guarding and typical contact. You don’t have to look for the ball and you don’t have to get out of the way. That’s not pass interference. I know how the NFL works.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Anyone think Damien Williams got robbed of mvp? Mahomes was kinda dogshit til the 4th and Williams made plays all night and made the big game changing TDs.

and ftr I’m a mahomes fan, I don’t hate on this guy in the slightest. Just my opinion. Feels obligatory, like when Brady got mvp over Edelman in the Seahawks SB

Adreme

Ravens Ring of Honor
There were a ton of calls and no-calls that broke the Chiefs way from the end of the first half forward from the OPI to the DPI where the guy was guilty of nothing but face guarding and typical contact. You don’t have to look for the ball and you don’t have to get out of the way. That’s not pass interference. I know how the NFL works.

Both interference calls seemed obvious to me especially the DPI (if either of those calls weren't made to a team playing the Ravens we would be screaming robbery).

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Face guarding is PI if it’s egregious enough, and that was pretty damn strong contact and egregious faceguarding.

JO_75

Hall of Famer
Anyone think Damien Williams got robbed of mvp? Mahomes was kinda dogshit til the 4th and Williams made plays all night and made the big game changing TDs.

and ftr I’m a mahomes fan, I don’t hate on this guy in the slightest. Just my opinion. Feels obligatory, like when Brady got mvp over Edelman in the Seahawks SB

Williams should have gotten it but it's a QB award.

rossihunter2

Staff Member

yeah i mean how can you award Mahomes MVP with as many 2 picks, 60% accuracy and less than 300 yds

and damien williams is right there with 130 total yds and 2 tds including the game winner and then the game sealer... running at over 6 ypc against that 9ers defence

JO_75

Hall of Famer
First there was 28-3, now Shanahan has blown a 20-10 lead and cost a second team a Lombardi Trophy.

The Last Great Raven

Practice Squad
Banned
Agree Williams was a fitting MVP...…...but what I'm happiest about is that The Last Great Raven got himself another Superbowl Ring!!!!!!!!

Sure sure accolades are one thing, but its all about the Championship. Nuttin else mattas!

rossihunter2

Staff Member
who goes that far back to look for 1 play that might make the difference in a superbowl - the fact that Bieniemy has never been seriously considered for a HC job is outrageous - was outrageous before but how stupid are franchises going to be not to give this guy a HC job (or at least a serious chance at a HC job)