• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Training Camp

rossihunter2

Staff Member
I've just seen zrebiec tweet about some injury designations/camp manoeuvres and one move stuck out so i thought now's as good a time as any to start a thread for all things training camp...

the thing that struck me was eluemunor being put on the non-football injury list - is this the start of us stashing him for a year or is this likely to be genuine given that we havent even seen him in pads in full contact yet?

Jacquouille

Ravens Ring of Honor
Supporter
I was just about to ask what does this move mean? Does it mean he's done for the year, how long will he not play? Can he pratice? I've never heard that therm...

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Iirc it's just a matter of needing to disclose injuries, and it happened outside of football so they give it a title, which would likely alleviate the team of some of the liability.

Could be wrong, but I don't think it means anything regarding his season aside from missing the start of camp

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Iirc it's just a matter of needing to disclose injuries, and it happened outside of football so they give it a title, which would likely alleviate the team of some of the liability.

Could be wrong, but I don't think it means anything regarding his season aside from missing the start of camp

i wonder what it is then lol... non-football injury list always intrigues me coz like 'what happened, dude?' - i always forget that the players arent just wrapped in cotton wool until training camp

K-Dog

MVP
Here is my camp question.

On the video at Ravens.com, is shows a bus pulling up to the training facility and all the rookies getting off the bus.

Where is that bus coming from ?
Don't tell me "picking up the rookies"
I fully get that. Picking them up from where ?
Are they all staying at one hotel until they get a place in the area?

SepticeyePoe

Hall of Famer

On the video at Ravens.com, is shows a bus pulling up to the training facility and all the rookies getting off the bus.

They could be. There was an article earlier this season about Bowser and Williams being roommates at a hotel. I just found it: http://www.baltimoreravens.com/news...Together/3e8a526f-df5c-4eb9-87e5-28a90430ff7d

K-Dog

MVP
Interesting...

As a rookie I guess at minimum you wait until you are signed or after pre season cuts to sign a rental agreement or what have you.

cdp

Ravens Ring of Honor
I guess eluemunor didn't pass the conditioning test because Humphrey tweeted about it couple of days ago.

Boldnpurpblack

Practice Squad

Yea during camp guys that dont have a permanent place in the area stay together in a hotel. Pretty sure all the rookies are asked to so they spend the down time together and bond. Not sure if its mandatory, but my guess is that it is. They want these guys accountable for eachother.

I believe as part of the Castle renovations theyre building in living quarters.... almost like dorm rooms. I could be totally making this up but im pretty sure i remember reading this somewhere.... so guessing thats where rookies (and vets that choose to do so) will stay during the offseason/training camp in the future.

Boldnpurpblack

Practice Squad
So 4 roster moves made... Eluemenor moved to the NFI list (some guessing he failed the Conditioning test, though nothing confirmed), one UDFA safety waived for injury, and 2 UDFA's placed on the PUP list (DL Pat Ricard and Bailey the WR).

This leaves exactly ONE roster spot open. Hmm... View attachment 61

Doubt it's for Boldin (though timing would make sense with his confidential visit to an un-named team being on Sunday).... Could we be opening up a spot for an OL, or is it all just coincidence that 4 players got injured?

Just not sure how 2 guys go from healthy to PUP, and another from healthy to injury waived over a break. But then again theyre UDFA so doubt we'd hear anything if they did get hurt somehow playing bball or w/e.

Oldfaithful

Hall of Famer
Just fucking cancel it and put everyone in an inflatable ball until the season starts and force feed them a healthy diet.

Boldnpurpblack

Practice Squad
Orr, Dixon, Pitta, Waller, Flacco, Urschel, Camp.... am I missing anyone?

And we havent even had the 1st TC practice yet.

I thought the whole getting a new head trainer was supposed to solve this issue (excluding Orr/Waller/Urschel of course).

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Orr, Dixon, Pitta, Waller, Flacco, Urschel, Camp.... am I missing anyone?

And we havent even had the 1st TC practice yet.

I thought the whole getting a new head trainer was supposed to solve this issue (excluding Orr/Waller/Urschel of course).

you forgot tavon

and tbf the trainer cant do much about fluke injuries like ligament tears and pre-existing conditions as with orr, dixon, pitta, tavon, urschel is a surprise retirement and obvs waller is suspended so only camp who im not sure any trainer can save at this point is really a possible criticism of him

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
looks as though outside of a few scares it was a good practice. Marlon Humphrey was in tight coverage all day long no matter who he was covering. Canady had an interception as he is competing for starting corner and practicing outside as well. Mosely, Yanda and Watson were back on the playing field, but Jefferson who is recovering from Sports Hernia was held out of practice today. Jimmy had scare in practice as he chased Perriman, but he is fine. Both Perriman and Jimmy dealt with cramps today and of course Suggs was his prankster self.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
looks as though outside of a few scares it was a good practice. Marlon Humphrey was in tight coverage all day long no matter who he was covering. Canady had an interception as he is competing for starting corner and practicing outside as well. Mosely, Yanda and Watson were back on the playing field, but Jefferson who is recovering from Sports Hernia was held out of practice today. Jimmy had scare in practice as he chased Perriman, but he is fine. Both Perriman and Jimmy dealt with cramps today and of course Suggs was his prankster self.

So far then it looks like minicamps are ringing true touchwood

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Correa who had an interception and a great practice yesterday impressed again today with another interception. Lets hope this continues, as it's a very good sign. Word is Humprey is proving to be a quick study as he brought down a pair of interceptions and broke up two others. Both of Humphreys picks came when defending Perriman.

Gilmore left practice with an apparent leg injury. What is with this guy, he can't stay on the field. He's the 'littlest big guy' in Baltimore.