• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Joe Flacco

that's all well and true but the more i watch nelson the higher he goes - im pretty close to having him as a top 2 player on my big board at this point
Zack Martin was seen in that same aspect as Nelson and he went 16 Overall to Dallas. The Draft just hasn't been kind to pure G prospects historically. If Nelson goes top 5 then it would be nearly unprecedented.

O

OriolesMagicPlease

I'm not interested in him being, "rowdy".
I've heard his leadership and dedication to his craft questioned by none other than Ray Lewis.
He's in a position to know.
I've heard Cerratto repeatedly refer to him as 9 to 5 with no hesitation.
He's in a position to have heard.....from those who do know.
I know he has never organized an off campus "camp" even after promising such a gathering in 2014.
I've never heard of him organizing a film study off campus the way Ed Reed and Ray Lewis did routinely.
I know from people who have been On the sidelines and in the locker room for four and five years that he shows up when he feels like it On Monday to watch Sundays game tape when the coordinator is there at 8am...... "I'll be in in the afternoon...." Was his response when asked if he would be there to watch with them.

I know he pouted on national television when he was split out wide in 2013 with tyrod taking snaps....stood there with his arms at his side.

None of this matters if he plays well. None of it. If he's playing well guys will follow him.

Well, there is your problem right there. Cerrato is a joke. Contradicts himself on a regular basis and is paid to try to stir up controversy. It is sad when people fall for that.

Inqui

Pro Bowler
Zack Martin was seen in that same aspect as Nelson and he went 16 Overall to Dallas. The Draft just hasn't been kind to pure G prospects historically. If Nelson goes top 5 then it would be nearly unprecedented.
To find the last time a pure OG got drafted in the top 20 you have to go back to 2013 (lol), when Jonathan Cooper and Chance Warmack went at 7 and 10 respectively and Kyle Long went at 20. Though that includes Martin being drafted as a tackle with the intent to kick him inside. Before that the last time was Mike Iupati at 17 in 2010 and that was the first time since Leonard Davis, who went at 2 in 2001.

(Sidebar, from that year an OG went in the top 20 at least once every year dating back to 1992)

So as to Nelson going in the top 5, it would be unprecedented to the point that I'd suggest it hasn't happened in many members' lifetimes. Though it depends on if you count guys like Brandon Scherff. I'll let the good reader decide how often that happens because I can't be bothered going through all that.
http://www.nfl.com/draft/history/fulldraft?type=position&position=OL

Last edited:

Tank

Hall of Famer
Not to stay off topic but I do find it a little ridiculous to think that the game is rigged for the Pats I’ve seen some questionable calls go there way but the game isn’t setup to help them
lol.......Ray Charles can see they get preferential treatment, especially in Foxboro. It’s been going on for years and happens like clock work, can’t just be blown off as “some questionable calls”.

To find the last time a pure OG got drafted in the top 20 you have to go back to 2013 (lol), when Jonathan Cooper and Chance Warmack went at 7 and 10 respectively and Kyle Long went at 20. Though that includes Martin being drafted as a tackle with the intent to kick him inside. Before that the last time was Mike Iupati at 17 in 2010 and that was the first time since Leonard Davis, who went at 2 in 2001.

(Sidebar, from that year an OG went in the top 20 at least once every year dating back to 1992)

So as to Nelson going in the top 5, it would be unprecedented to the point that I'd suggest it hasn't happened in many members' lifetimes. Though it depends on if you count guys like Brandon Scherff. I'll let the good reader decide how often that happens because I can't be bothered going through all that.
I totally forgot about those guys, it does seem to make the case because if they can go top 10 so can Nelson, however it's extremely rare to see an OG go into the top 5. I highly doubt Nelson is going there and there are times when we have not seen multiple Guards go into the 1st in a long time.

I legit would not be surprised if he was picked right outside the top 10.

lol.......Ray Charles can see they get preferential treatment, especially in Foxboro. It’s been going on for years and happens like clock work, can’t just be blown off as “some questionable calls”.
Thing that infuriates me is that those are really inconsistent calls. You could've made similar calls against NE but yet they decided to call both on Jax like it was nothing. I mean when you look at the discrepancy in penalties it really puts things into perspective. Not saying NFL has a bias for them but I certainly believe it was an awfully officiated game in favor of one side.

Tank

Hall of Famer
Whatever eases the pain for haters. And helps them deal with it. If ravens were in that game I would be angry if it was as bad as everybody wants and needs to believe
LMAO! Yeah, no, sorry slick. Has zero to do with hate or easing pain. My pain as a 21 year Ravens fan has come at the hands of the Steelers, not the Pats. If you can’t see the advantages the Pats have been provided for the past 15 years then you’re not watching.

RavensFan419

Pro Bowler
So do you believe the whole pump and clock resets conspiracy?

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator

The Skins introduced Scherff as a Tackle and tried him at that position, but I feel Scot McLoughan realized they may have to kick him inside. I’d say he’s a pure guard, but this is subjective due to them trying him out as RT.

RayRayRaven

Veteran
This offense has more holes in it than a Trump / Russia conspiracy theory.

You really think theres more substance to our offense than the conspiracy?

Hmmmm...might want to hold onto your hat as obstruction of justice applies to the ethereal conspiracy. Broaching this subject here tells me you're gonna share in the squirming soon!

I don't trust ozze to pick a WR nor the quoted reference to pick his nose.

flynismo

Practice Squad
You really think theres more substance to our offense than the conspiracy?

Hmmmm...might want to hold onto your hat as obstruction of justice applies to the ethereal conspiracy. Broaching this subject here tells me you're gonna share in the squirming soon!

I don't trust ozze to pick a WR nor the quoted reference to pick his nose.

LOL, I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for those obstruction charges to come down :lol:

Which makes my original comment about the offense so concerning. Old, injured or talentless (or any combination thereof) at pretty much all the skill positions outside of RB.

flynismo

Practice Squad
If the quality isn't there at WR I would have no problem if they took Brown or Miller(guessing McGlinchey will be gone, these guys too maybe) first round.
You know me Tank, a good OL is NEVER the wrong pick, regardless of round!!

flynismo

Practice Squad
Which wr would you go after?
Quite honestly, any of them at this point. We need to do something that doesn't involve bringing in a guy in his mid-30s.
And that isn't a knock...Mason, Boldin and SSS are three of my favorite players ever, and they were all great assets for us.
But we need explosion and youth. And being able to catch a ball wouldn't hurt either....

K-Dog

MVP
Quite honestly, any of them at this point. We need to do something that doesn't involve bringing in a guy in his mid-30s.
And that isn't a knock...Mason, Boldin and SSS are three of my favorite players ever, and they were all great assets for us.
But we need explosion and youth. And being able to catch a ball wouldn't hurt either....
And will be here for more than three or four years.

Tank

Hall of Famer
Yeah, all three of those guys were great at times, but not consistently great. Not a knock on any of them but they all were at the back end of their careers by the time they got to Baltimore and were often nicked or on the sideline. Can’t help to think what could have been/could be if the Ravens had the explosive young guy(s) you mention. Heck, when guys like Torrey and Pitta proved to be great assets, what would the passing game be like if we had a Jones, Brown, Green, etc.?

RayRayRaven

Veteran
Yeah, all three of those guys were great at times, but not consistently great. Not a knock on any of them but they all were at the back end of their careers by the time they got to Baltimore and were often nicked or on the sideline. Can’t help to think what could have been/could be if the Ravens had the explosive young guy(s) you mention. Heck, when guys like Torrey and Pitta proved to be great assets, what would the passing game be like if we had a Jones, Brown, Green, etc.?

I keep knocking Ozze on WRs but Torrey Smith was a very credible pick. He just made a remarkable TD catch for philly. If perriman was as effective we probably would have made the playoffs last yr.