• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Joe Flacco

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
DuEjN1tXQAE2oRn.jpg

I had missed this live... lol.

Joe was heated.
And ppl thought Flacco didn't have that killer's mentality. Lamar was about to face that music.

Adreme

Ravens Ring of Honor
they're gonna eat so much dead money with bortles whatever happens

That's why I say the leftovers of Joe's contract are probably his greatest asset because whatever cap hit a team takes will be WELL below market value. I would have to check but its in the 10 to 14m year 1 when I have no doubt he gets 20 on open market.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
That's why I say the leftovers of Joe's contract are probably his greatest asset because whatever cap hit a team takes will be WELL below market value. I would have to check but its in the 10 to 14m year 1 when I have no doubt he gets 20 on open market.

oh yea i realise that lol - 20m for a potential franchise qb (or at least average quick fix) with almost no guarantees for 3 years with the highest hit being 24m post new CBA

id be very surprised if we dont find any takers for that contract even if they take him on just as a stop-gap...

you've gotta think the jags, bucs, dolphins, redskins and maybe the broncos etc. all would be interested potentially

Adreme

Ravens Ring of Honor
oh yea i realise that lol - 20m for a potential franchise qb (or at least average quick fix) with almost no guarantees for 3 years with the highest hit being 24m post new CBA

id be very surprised if we dont find any takers for that contract even if they take him on just as a stop-gap...

you've gotta think the jags, bucs, dolphins, redskins and maybe the broncos etc. all would be interested potentially

Oh its WAY lower than that. Any team that trades for him only owes him his salary which barely over half his current cap hit. Having him next year for I believe only 10m (before a still discounted 20m) is just amazing. That alone might make him worth a 2nd

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Oh its WAY lower than that. Any team that trades for him only owes him his salary which barely over half his current cap hit. Having him next year for I believe only 10m (before a still discounted 20m) is just amazing. That alone might make him worth a 2nd

im telling you those are his cap hits

his base salaries for the next 3 years are as follows:

2019: 18.5m
2020: 20.25m
2021: 24.25m

those are his cap hits for his future team if he's traded - his cap hits if he stayed a raven for those 3 years would be 26.5m, 28.25m and 24.25m (no guaranteed money in the last year of this contract no matter who has him)

if we cut him/trade him after this year we save 10.5m on the cap but also have 16m in dead money (might be worth it if we get a pick back), if we hold onto him for another year (unlikely at this point) the dead money halves and we'd save just over 20m against the cap with only 8m dead money

Adreme

Ravens Ring of Honor

those are his cap hits for his future team if he's traded - his cap hits if he stayed a raven for those 3 years would be 26.5m, 28.25m and 24.25m (no guaranteed money in the last year of this contract no matter who has him)

if we cut him/trade him after this year we save 10.5m on the cap but also have 16m in dead money (might be worth it if we get a pick back), if we hold onto him for another year (unlikely at this point) the dead money halves and we'd save just over 20m against the cap with only 8m dead money

Why does Over The Cap have his base salary at only 8m? Is this one of those I can't scenarios?

allblackraven

Hall of Famer

16 would be split over two years

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator

Redskins 1st round pick for 3 years and a 2nd for Flacco

Oldfaithful

Hall of Famer
I do too and agree

RG3 may be worth 3 1st and a 2nd round pick, just sayin.....I bet one team in the league would trade that much for him!
Genius proposal

I drug the Cleveland Browns GM. I hypnotize him.

He trades 3 1st rounders, a second rounder, PLUS Baker Mayfield, for Flacco.

Baker vs. Lamar QB battle. Hire Lincoln Riley with OBJ, Andrews, and Baker.

Trade Lamar for 3 1st rounders, and a second rounder to Jacksonville.....

Profit

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Genius proposal

I drug the Cleveland Browns GM. I hypnotize him.

He trades 3 1st rounders, a second rounder, PLUS Baker Mayfield, for Flacco.

Baker vs. Lamar QB battle. Hire Lincoln Riley with OBJ, Andrews, and Baker.

Trade Lamar RGE for 3 1st rounders, and a second rounder to Jacksonville.....

Profit

fixed it