• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Joe Flacco

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
So, Flacco said;

“I think I’ve been a little bit quick to get the ball out of my hands, at times,” Flacco said. “I think if I just hang in there and trust the process, trust the pocket … I might have to step up and make some plays here and there.” Flacco said his preseason back injury isn’t contributing to him getting rid of the ball quickly, often to underneath routes, check-downs or his running backs. “It has nothing to do with injuries and all that,” he said. “I think it’s just me rushing myself in the pocket, for whatever reason. I think the big thing is that I’m aware of it, and just have to make those changes, and go into the game ready to roll.”

1. If I just hang in there and TRUST THE PROCESS
2. I MIGHT HAVE TO STEP UP AND MAKE SOME PLAYS HERE AND THERE
3. It has nothing to do with injuries and all of that
4. I think IT'S JUST ME RUSHING MYSELF in the pocket, FOR WHATEVER REASON

^ And that's your 10 year starting QB folks. SMH! :mad:
2. I find hilarious
Did he really manage to say that?

Militant X 1

Ravens Ring of Honor

OURavensFan

Ravens Ring of Honor
So, Flacco said;

“I think I’ve been a little bit quick to get the ball out of my hands, at times,” Flacco said. “I think if I just hang in there and trust the process, trust the pocket … I might have to step up and make some plays here and there.” Flacco said his preseason back injury isn’t contributing to him getting rid of the ball quickly, often to underneath routes, check-downs or his running backs. “It has nothing to do with injuries and all that,” he said. “I think it’s just me rushing myself in the pocket, for whatever reason. I think the big thing is that I’m aware of it, and just have to make those changes, and go into the game ready to roll.”

1. If I just hang in there and TRUST THE PROCESS
2. I MIGHT HAVE TO STEP UP AND MAKE SOME PLAYS HERE AND THERE
3. It has nothing to do with injuries and all of that
4. I think IT'S JUST ME RUSHING MYSELF in the pocket, FOR WHATEVER REASON

^ And that's your 10 year starting QB folks. SMH! :mad:
Idk, the line has been dreadful the last two weeks it's understandable he's rushing it a little bit. This could just lead to more sacks and blind side hits. Brady threw a pick with 0 pressure yesterday sailing a ball, can't imagine what this place will do if Joe threw a pick with that much time and space.

I'm just hoping for a turn around at this point, the negative feedback has been received.

Ellicottraven

Ravens Ring of Honor
Is Flacco playing badly? Yes.

He seemingly though started to get going yesterday, after playing abysmal in the first half. Yes the two interceptions hurt, the first one was a little understandable, the second one wasn't.

I'm like many, a big fan of Flacco and supporter among the years. I can't blame the entire struggle of the offense on him, but it's clear that he isn't playing well , he's not even playing to his usual standards.
Did you know that Flacco was the fourth least pressured QB through 4 games? He was ranked 14th least sacked as well. But, we are the 31st ranked offense. Contrary to popular belief its not all the O-line for Flacco's horrendous play. It's Flacco brain and brawn not being in sync on game day that is the problem.
https://ebonybird.com/2017/10/06/joe-flacco-one-least-hit-quarterbacks-season/

Tru11

Practice Squad
Did you know that Flacco was the fourth least pressured QB through 4 games? He was ranked 14th least sacked as well. But, we are the 31st ranked offense. Contrary to popular belief its not all the O-line for Flacco's horrendous play. It's Flacco brain and brawn not being in sync on game day that is the problem.

hard to get pressured when you check it down after the first read lol.

JAAM

Hall of Famer
I like how Alex Collins is on a short leash but Flacco isn't. This is ridiculous and he has to be held accountable. He's been abysmal this season.

The Greek

Veteran
flacco needs that 1 god damn game where everything goes his way to hopefully give him some confidence but when will that game come if ever.

gtalk12

Ravens Ring of Honor
I like how Alex Collins is on a short leash but Flacco isn't. This is ridiculous and he has to be held accountable. He's been abysmal this season.

It makes no sense to me that our only threat on offense at this point (WR can't throw themselves the ball nor can Flacco run the routes they should be doing in his head) is being held back as if we have other options...they have got to be kidding me.

Its also funny how our most reliable reciever is a 37 year old coming off a torn achilles. It reminds me of the days when we're wondering why old ass Derrick Mason or Steve Smith is our only reliable reciever.

RavensPunkXVX

Pro Bowler
Its also funny how our most reliable reciever is a 37 year old coming off a torn achilles. It reminds me of the days when we're wondering why old ass Derrick Mason or Steve Smith is our only reliable reciever.

If you're at the end of your career and wanting to keep going, come to Baltimore, you'll become the most productive weapon on offense. Flacco loves the oldies.

Just how much of that is attributed to our quick passing game? Joe is throwing at 5.1 YPP meaning that he's getting the ball out very quickly for very minimal gains, if he waits for the play to develop and the deep passing game to be mixed in to the offense does his sack number change or remains close to the same? I think that article pointed out some interesting points but I don't think its true to the full extent. I don't think that Joe has done well for himself and needs to step up, but I'm holding the inside guards accountable for what has transpired these last two games, I think Hurst is decent but he's a downgrade from what Alex Lewis could've been and Elamanour/Skura have flat out not gotten it done. I was wrong before for not looking at the OL enough for the offense being underwhelming but that unit certain takes a decent amount of blame for what has happened.

I also think Marty needs to be creative. You're having issues with blocking and receivers not getting open? Scheme things up, I think he's done a solid job with scheming guys open but it needs to be more frequent, as far as the blocking goes I haven't seen those type of adjustments as of yet.

JAAM

Hall of Famer
Flacco's done in my opinion. I've lost all faith in him, regardless of the condition of his offensive line. He's just not a smart QB who relied on his strong arm and never fully developed his mechanics. He'll always have a special place in my heart for that Super Bowl run, though.

Ellicottraven

Ravens Ring of Honor
Flacco's done in my opinion. I've lost all faith in him, regardless of the condition of his offensive line. He's just not a smart QB who relied on his strong arm and never fully developed his mechanics. He'll always have a special place in my heart for that Super Bowl run, though.
That right there sums Flacco up!

ratedr

Practice Squad
Pretty much. Don't regret owning his jersey, still rewatch that magical run from time to time. But he is simply a bad QB now.

Played a good game, also good thing to see his INT streak end. I hope he's going to continue his confidence and his deep balls were on the $$$$.

Oldfaithful

Hall of Famer
he broke the interception streak. Now it'd be nice if he could get going for some TD's soon.. But still.

Even though the Raiders two best corners were out today, he looked accurate sans for a few passes, and had good pocket presence. And he stepped into his fucking throws.

joe, keep holding yourself accountable.. Please.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
he broke the interception streak. Now it'd be nice if he could get going for some TD's soon.. But still.

Even though the Raiders two best corners were out today, he looked accurate sans for a few passes, and had good pocket presence. And he stepped into his fucking throws.

joe, keep holding yourself accountable.. Please.

he had 1 bad throw and a few bad reads which is progress because he's stepping into a load of throws now and while his footwork still doesnt look crisp its so much better than it has been