• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Joe Flacco

RaineV1

Ravens Ring of Honor
i hope this isnt a thing... flacco doesnt deserve to be fucking crucified by the whole fanbase. he brought us our 2nd super bowl for christs sake. how is it that trent dilfer was loved here and everyone went apeshit that we didnt bring him back, but flacco cant be appreciated for what he did here...
People forget how bad the QB situation was before Flacco.

NYSE5

Practice Squad
i hope this isnt a thing... flacco doesnt deserve to be fucking crucified by the whole fanbase. he brought us our 2nd super bowl for christs sake. how is it that trent dilfer was loved here and everyone went apeshit that we didnt bring him back, but flacco cant be appreciated for what he did here...
The childish euphoria over Jackson at the expense of Flacco needs to stop. Let him report to training camp and play for a year or two before anointing him as the NFL's next legend.

Tank

Hall of Famer
I'm just gonna hang back in the corner with a Natty Boh and cautious optimism. I feel quite a few of you are setting yourself up for some sort of disappointment. I love this draft and I especially love the Jackson pick, but I see this EVERY SINGLE YEAR.

I do wonder how salty Joe is at this point. All eyes on Jackson. All the rooks talking about Jackson. I know he's Joe Cool but I'm really curious which way Joes psyche is going to go with this one. He's never seen anything like this in B'More........
I remember when Chris Redman(Louisville) was drafted. Word was he was being mentored by another guy from Louisville named Johnny Unitas and would be the answer at QB. As we know, Chris didn’t pan out. Would be pretty cool if another Louisville QB eventually ended up a star in Baltimore.

I think Joe will be fine. He was already primed to finally return to form that was lost after his knee injury and I doubt all of the Lamar hype affects him. In fact, given the adds at WR and TE it wouldn’t surprise if he had one of his best seasons ever.

Tru11

Practice Squad

you honestly cant spot the differences beteen the 2?

jboy19

Pro Bowler

The fanbase picked up a lot of bandwagoners by drafting Lamar which has been equal parts cool and annoying tbh. Facebook people are pretty much always going to be stupid anyway.

I like Lamar and feel like he's more pro-ready than a lot of other people do, but a year of sitting and learning would really be good for him.

There's been an absurd hatred of Flacco for the contract, but it's pretty irrational. Most complaints stem from (a) not being able to sign big name FAs or (b) him not playing as well after the super bowl. This ignores the fact that (a) the team has never really signed big name FAs even when they did have cap space and (b) Flacco has had the injury issues and an a revolving door of mediocre offensive counterparts.

I'm not going to defend Flacco too much, because he does carry a lot of the blame for how the past couple seasons have gone. But like it or not he carried a mediocre defense to a Super Bowl despite a midseason OC change and the fanbase should be thankful for that.

Edgar

Ravens Ring of Honor
Joe, down the stretch was consistent. He seemed to have a comfort with the system, played well within it and I expect that will continue.

RL52TheGreatest

Ravens Ring of Honor
Joe, down the stretch was consistent. He seemed to have a comfort with the system, played well within it and I expect that will continue.

Let's not forget that he finally got healthy towards the end of the season, as well. His back injury was affecting his play more than he'll ever admit, but once it healed up, Joe started to play like his old self. Add WRs that can actually catch the ball and I think he's primed for a rebound season. And if he doesn't play well? At least we have a back-up plan this time.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
The fanbase picked up a lot of bandwagoners by drafting Lamar which has been equal parts cool and annoying tbh. Facebook people are pretty much always going to be stupid anyway.

I like Lamar and feel like he's more pro-ready than a lot of other people do, but a year of sitting and learning would really be good for him.

There's been an absurd hatred of Flacco for the contract, but it's pretty irrational. Most complaints stem from (a) not being able to sign big name FAs or (b) him not playing as well after the super bowl. This ignores the fact that (a) the team has never really signed big name FAs even when they did have cap space and (b) Flacco has had the injury issues and an a revolving door of mediocre offensive counterparts.

I'm not going to defend Flacco too much, because he does carry a lot of the blame for how the past couple seasons have gone. But like it or not he carried a mediocre defense to a Super Bowl despite a midseason OC change and the fanbase should be thankful for that.

What’s been annoying me this past week are all these so-called gurus and experts who say Lamar will start this year because as much as teams want to red-shirt the player the coaches will get antsy and get him on the field and the last time a red-shirt year actually happened was Aaron Rodgers

That tells me these guys don’t watch football or don’t think critically - they either only read the stats, recycle hot takes or they don’t watch the game week in week out - the most recent example of a successful red shirt year was last year with Patrick Mahomes behind Alex Smith who benefited from playing behind a good starter a safe coaching staff and no pressure - he came in week 17 and played great and will take over this year

And John harbaugh is most definitely an Andy Reid guy - unless flacco gets injured or looks terrible like most of the start of last year I don’t know why we would get Lamar starting early

RavenROC

Practice Squad
I'm just waiting for all these new players giving glowing reviews of Jackson to jump ship over to the Flacco camp as soon as he shows up

As soon as you have Flacco on the field practicing with Crabtree this will all die down, Hurst will start beaming about Flacco instead of Jackson, and other than bandwagon fans' opinions and click bait chasing journalists, it will be Flacco's team to lose