• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Joe Flacco

Ellicottraven

Ravens Ring of Honor
If they take all of the offspring from Flacco, Rivers, and Cromartie then they can probably create an expansion team.
When you have earned loads of money you procreate like Rivers! If you have easy loads of money you procreate in quick succession like Flacco! As for Cromartie he just likes to do it with several women sans protection and kids are just a consequence! That's his thing!

Sandtown

Pro Bowler
flacco is done its easy to see ddue is 9-5 no care for being great
mad-max-thats-bait-gif-1.gif

O

OriolesMagicPlease

So Joe is looking great at practice and welcomed Lamar with open arms and no comments???

Normally I would be excited about all of that but I heard that Joe was hanging out at Fells Point with Vanilla Ice last weekend. NOT a good influence at all!

rossihunter2

Staff Member
in all seriousness that's one of the most interesting joe flacco pressers - he was asked some tricky questions and his answers were great because he was slightly less controlled and "cool" than he has been in the past - you could see there was some emotion in his answers and it was interesting to watch

O

OriolesMagicPlease

in all seriousness that's one of the most interesting joe flacco pressers - he was asked some tricky questions and his answers were great because he was slightly less controlled and "cool" than he has been in the past - you could see there was some emotion in his answers and it was interesting to watch

That is because even robots get ticked off when they are falsely accused! :p

Ellicottraven

Ravens Ring of Honor
I also sensed a degree of reconciliation to the new situation. I still admired the way he gutted it out while maintaining his dignity. He was totally anti-Ben and now he's under scrutiny to make sure he is a good mentor to Lamar. Overall he conducted himself with class.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
I also sensed a degree of reconciliation to the new situation. I still admired the way he gutted it out while maintaining his dignity. He was totally anti-Ben and now he's under scrutiny to make sure he is a good mentor to Lamar. Overall he conducted himself with class.

i dont know what the media narrative will be but its clear that he hasnt got a vindictive bone in his body and that's something we can always count on - he'll always be classy

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
its strange that when i first saw the snippet of joes presser about lamar, i IMMEDIATELY said "whoa... joes gonna fuck up the league this year" because he had a fire in his demeanor that he just hasnt had literally ever, and ive heard a million different people/outlets say the same. he was still cool and collected as ever, but he was hype, you could hear a sense of urgency in his voice, and a determination to show that this is his team. to say "im ok with whatever helps us win games, but i think me under center gives us the best chance" after we drafted a first round qb, speaks volumes to his confidence level and the fire thats been lit under his ass. hes basically saying "ill give lamar all the help he asks for, no skin off my ass, hes gotta take that job from me and thats not gonna happen".

i think were about to see the old ravens this year. 2015 was the last time i actually felt halfway decent about this team(lol, trestman) and the past 3 years i just didnt feel like we had the horses to make a real push, i always felt that if joe was playing well then we have a chance but otherwise we just dont have the talent or the coaching, this year i dont feel that "if" feeling, i think we have the talent and theres no "if" for joe this year, i think hes coming out guns blazing and hes gonna give bisciotti one hell of a decision next offseason, trade for a 2nd round pick or start him another year. im excited.

and yes i know this is a lot to draw from some bullshit presser, but in reality we ALL have speculated that joe lost his competitive streak a bit, and weve also speculated that lamar jackson is gonna light a fire under his ass and bring that streak back, and i dont think its a coincidence that the most dull, slow speaking, snore inducing qb at the podium is suddenly talking loud and fast and animated after we draft a first round qb to come for his job. that fire has been lit, AND hes healthy for the first time in 3 years. i feel good about this.

So Joe is looking great at practice and welcomed Lamar with open arms and no comments???

Normally I would be excited about all of that but I heard that Joe was hanging out at Fells Point with Vanilla Ice last weekend. NOT a good influence at all!
Great, now we have two players who will make tmz headlines...

RaineV1

Ravens Ring of Honor
its strange that when i first saw the snippet of joes presser about lamar, i IMMEDIATELY said "whoa... joes gonna fuck up the league this year" because he had a fire in his demeanor that he just hasnt had literally ever, and ive heard a million different people/outlets say the same. he was still cool and collected as ever, but he was hype, you could hear a sense of urgency in his voice, and a determination to show that this is his team. to say "im ok with whatever helps us win games, but i think me under center gives us the best chance" after we drafted a first round qb, speaks volumes to his confidence level and the fire thats been lit under his ass. hes basically saying "ill give lamar all the help he asks for, no skin off my ass, hes gotta take that job from me and thats not gonna happen".

i think were about to see the old ravens this year. 2015 was the last time i actually felt halfway decent about this team(lol, trestman) and the past 3 years i just didnt feel like we had the horses to make a real push, i always felt that if joe was playing well then we have a chance but otherwise we just dont have the talent or the coaching, this year i dont feel that "if" feeling, i think we have the talent and theres no "if" for joe this year, i think hes coming out guns blazing and hes gonna give bisciotti one hell of a decision next offseason, trade for a 2nd round pick or start him another year. im excited.

and yes i know this is a lot to draw from some bullshit presser, but in reality we ALL have speculated that joe lost his competitive streak a bit, and weve also speculated that lamar jackson is gonna light a fire under his ass and bring that streak back, and i dont think its a coincidence that the most dull, slow speaking, snore inducing qb at the podium is suddenly talking loud and fast and animated after we draft a first round qb to come for his job. that fire has been lit, AND hes healthy for the first time in 3 years. i feel good about this.
I would absolutely love if Joe goes on a tear the way Alex Smith did last season. And he actually has the team to be able to do it this year. He might actually have a better receiver core than Smith had. I mean, known of them are on Hill's level when he's on his a game, but as a whole Joe's top three are better than the Chief's top three, plus Hurst and Andrews at TE, and Joe loves his TEs.

Also, no one is giving the Ravens a shot this year, which is perfect since that's when the team does it's best and plays spoiler to the media darlings.

Tyler

Practice Squad
It’s crazy, after I watched the Joe Flacco presser, my instant thoughts that came to mind were, WOW, this guy is confident, cool, and motivated to take the league by storm again. I instantly came to the board to see if I was crazy, or people were feeling the same vibe. It might be preseason hype, but I’m Low key excited for Joe and the boys to tear it up and have a memorable year. Also, his presser reminded me, although we have been bitter about his recent performance and lack of playoff berths in the last few seasons, we have been truly lucky as a fan base to have the dude as our QB for the last 10 years. Say what you want, but the guy has been the best QB we have seen in the Ravens era of Baltimore football. Class act and a SOLID qb that has had some memorable games here.

Militant X 1

Ravens Ring of Honor

I saw something different in Joe's eyes during that presser that I hadn't seen from him in years to be honest.

To me, it seemed that he finally realized his own "starting QB-mortality" as he spoke about "drafting anyone in the 1st round means something! I don't know what that means etc." I don't care what anyone says; that move by the Ravens FO stung Joe. But, I'm excited to see how he responds this season. Hopefully, he'll finally be a beast that I've been wanting him to be!

I would absolutely love if Joe goes on a tear the way Alex Smith did last season. And he actually has the team to be able to do it this year. He might actually have a better receiver core than Smith had. I mean, known of them are on Hill's level when he's on his a game, but as a whole Joe's top three are better than the Chief's top three, plus Hurst and Andrews at TE, and Joe loves his TEs.

Also, no one is giving the Ravens a shot this year, which is perfect since that's when the team does it's best and plays spoiler to the media darlings.
Joe's weapons should be vastly improved over what he had last year. Between the WR upgrades and the blow torch that is Lamar pointed at Flacco's ass ... I'm hoping for a true rejuvenation.

I'm not sure about the Chiefs comparison. Hurst and Andrews at TE ... you realize the Chiefs have Kelce. Our TE position is still a major question mark. Could these guys be good? Yes, but they haven't proven anything yet. I can't recall a team betting more on rookie TEs than we are this year.

There is no doubt that drafting Jackson has made this a very interesting season. We all want to see Joe return to form, but wow, what if he takes us deep into the playoffs or all the way (unlikely, I know)? It's going to be hard to part ways with a proven winner.

What KC is doing is a major leap of faith. Their judgement on whether Mahomes is ready isn't based at all on actual play. Letting go of a known commodity (even though his is not one that ever brought them postseason success) is a definite risk. We'll see if we're confronted with the same decision.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
There is no doubt that drafting Jackson has made this a very interesting season. We all want to see Joe return to form, but wow, what if he takes us deep into the playoffs or all the way (unlikely, I know)? It's going to be hard to part ways with a proven winner.

What KC is doing is a major leap of faith. Their judgement on whether Mahomes is ready isn't based at all on actual play. Letting go of a known commodity (even though his is not one that ever brought them postseason success) is a definite risk. We'll see if we're confronted with the same decision.

with KC i think they know the ceiling for alex smith and an alex smith team so they're making the change to get out of a potential limbo if you will

for us its different - we know a flacco led team can win it all - if flacco balls out this year i dont think its a done deal that he's gone - his trade value doesnt go down if he stays for the 2019 season too and we end up with less dead money if he lasts 2 more years here

where it would get interesting for me is if joe balls out the next 2 years consecutively - then the front office has a potential dilemma moving forward - but im sure its one they'd relish making given what would have to have happened to make it a dilemma in the first place