• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

2017 Preseason Thread

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
While Watson is gaining on Savage in Houston, Mitch Trubisky has indeed closed the gap on Mike Glennon. Glennon performed awful against Denver going 2/8 for 20 yards, no TDs and a Pick 6. This earned him a 0.0 QB Rating, meanwhile Trubisky came in for the 2:00 minute drill following Mark Sanchez and led the team down the field for a TD.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...ows-pick-six-finishes-with-0-0-passer-rating/
I said from day one that the analysts were sleeping on trubisky. I'm surprised he's coming on so fast but he had a better NFL skillset than most qbs since Winston and mariota

JO_75

Hall of Famer
I said from day one that the analysts were sleeping on trubisky. I'm surprised he's coming on so fast but he had a better NFL skillset than most qbs since Winston and mariota

I think because of the consensus opinion of this being a bad QB class didn't help. Also they had concerns of him being a one year starter.

I still have the draft on my DVR and the reaction by Bears fans is hilarious. They hated the pick but it seems if he keeps it up, Trubisky can change their minds.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Winston and Marriotts weren't that long ago. Anyway, I agree, but didn't expect him to come along this fast. That being said, it's one preseason game. Let's give it a little time...

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Winston and Marriotts weren't that long ago. Anyway, I agree, but didn't expect him to come along this fast. That being said, it's one preseason game. Let's give it a little time...
Competition level doesn't affect pure accuracy, velocity, and delivery though, those are independent traits and they all looked very good, that's my reason for thinking he's gonna be legit.

Now of course, higher stakes could lead to a breakdown in form, his release gets clunky, he gets nervous and makes poor throws or holds the ball too long, etc. but if a guy isn't doing that in his first game under NFL lights then he probably won't get rattled in the regular season either. If hes able to stay true to the form he showed in that game, then no matter the competition he should be solid at least

JO_75

Hall of Famer
Wonder if Kamar Aiken will join Zuttah as former Ravens cut by their new team. Aiken went 0/3 on catches and will sit no more than 4th on their depth chart.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Wonder if Kamar Aiken will join Zuttah as former Ravens cut by their new team. Aiken went 0/3 on catches and will sit no more than 4th on their depth chart.
They always think life is greener on the other side. Think again....

JO_75

Hall of Famer
Chiefs moved Patrick Mahomes to second on their depth chart and added another solid rookie performance for the 2017 class. Watson, Kizer and Trubisky shined last week, this week it's Mahomes.

10/14 for 88 yards and 2 TDs for Mahomes. Man for a QB class that "lacked talent" there is a lot of talent.

Last edited:

JO_75

Hall of Famer
Not sure if anyone is watching the MNF Preseason game but we just had a huge injury that could derail many fantasy hopes and the Giants receiving core. Odell Beckham Jr. took a shot to the knee and is done for the night. It is now reported that he has a ankle sprain and a concussion.

JO_75

Hall of Famer
Preseason shootout on our hands in Philly. As we head into the 4th quarter, the Dolphins and Eagles are tied at 31. Meanwhile the Panthers and Jaguars are tied at 10.

JO_75

Hall of Famer
So the Pats hang 24 on the Lions in the first quarter alone, and how do they expect to compete with the Packers? If Brady did that, then what will Rodgers do to their defense? Seems like it's up to the Vikings once again to prevent the Packers from winning the NFC North.

Oldfaithful

Hall of Famer
So the Pats hang 24 on the Lions in the first quarter alone, and how do they expect to compete with the Packers? If Brady did that, then what will Rodgers do to their defense? Seems like it's up to the Vikings once again to prevent the Packers from winning the NFC North.
SAM BRADFORD IS UP TO THE TASK.

*goes 8-8 again after a hot start*

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
That's just a Vikings thing. They'll never win a championship... ever. Cursed franchise I tell ya
Yeah and that was with Fran Tarkington. Of course look who they had to play. Raiders, Steelers, Chiefs, and Dolphins. These teams were powerhouses in the 70s. They were a great team themselves but couldn't win the big one. Sort of like the Bills.