• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Welcome to Baltimore: Calais Campbell and Derek Wolfe

RL52TheGreatest

Ravens Ring of Honor
This is Ryan Grant all over again. Hope we have a back-up plan because I actually liked the idea of having Brockers be a part of this team.

cdp

Ravens Ring of Honor
Wait...I'm confused af. New Twitter update messed up my timeline. If the physical was a problem, then why on earth did he sign with the rams immediately after the ravens' announcement?
And A'shawn robinson apparently hasn't officially signed with rams as well. strange.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
On brockers vs Wolfe...

Brockers was an excellent addition that didn’t work contractually, he was going to become a fixture on this defense for the first half of our super bowl window, it was going to go a very long way in fixing our run defense and even better he would have been an asset like none other in a wink defense, the way he controls his section of the line is impeccable and it would have been incredibly effective with winks blitz scheme having him open holes the way a OG opens up for a RB. I’m really disappointed he isn’t coming here, it was a perfect player-team pairing.

that said, Derek Wolfe has plenty in the tank, and is more capable of contributing in the pass rush all on his own, he’s not a special player there by any means but I’d say his ability to get to the qb is clearly above brockers, while brockers is more complementary to the scheme and surrounding players in that regard. Run defense he’s not the same monster, but he’s certainly a starter, there aren’t many defenses in the league where Derek Wolfe wouldn’t see a healthy snap count because he’s a starting caliber versatile DL who can play the 3 and 5 and 2 gap on any down. I get it, he’s unspectacular, he’s up there in age and health and longevity is a concern, but he’s better than any DL on the team in 2018, and as of now is our 2nd best DL behind our other addition, and he comes at an extremely cheap price and brings a very solid upgrade overall to our defense and if he is able to rotate and stay fresh he will be even better, and he’s filling in at a time where our SB window is wide open and all that’s needed is some of what he brings and then another 2-3 positions.

there shouldn’t be any hate for Derek Wolfe right now, I’m disappointed we had to move on from brockers, I was EXTREMELY excited about his signing, but with Wolfe’s signing we upgrade, add to our weak pass rush, add to our weak run D, while also giving us flexibility to continue making moves if we like, and also giving us flexibility for the next 2 years that we wouldn’t have had with brockers.

Willbacker

Ravens Ring of Honor
Wolfe is gonna be a Cory Redding type of player. Same mold. Totally was bummed when the Brockers contract fell thru but we rebounded nicely.

Willbacker

Ravens Ring of Honor
Damn I didnt know Calais Campbell was 6'8". Jeezus pete. Lining up all over the place and able to snag RBs with those long arms EDC pulled off the steal of the year.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Damn I didnt know Calais Campbell was 6'8". Jeezus pete. Lining up all over the place and able to snag RBs with those long arms EDC pulled off the steal of the year.
Calais Campbell is unnatural. Because not only is he 6’8” with giraffe neck arms but he can leverage his body perfectly to put all of his power into everything he does and it’s all second nature to him.

Campbell is one of those guys that are just true freaks of nature.