• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

High On / Lower On: Prospects Edition

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Really busy - but at some point I’ll put my entire board and everything onto a google drive and just post the link to it so you guys can see the whole thing

Tbh would be less effort for me than doing a post of a top 100
sounds good

Edgar

Ravens Ring of Honor
Higher on:
Cesar Ruiz
Denzel Mims
Zack moss
Alex highsmith
Damien Lewis
Curtis weaver

lower on:
Jk dobbins
Tee Higgins
Lloyd cushenberry
Yetur gross-matos
Kenneth Murray
When Raequon Davis was asked at the combine who the toughest OLINE man he faced, he didn't hesitate or stop to think. his answer was Damein Lewis.

Edgar

Ravens Ring of Honor
that's quite a compliment given that damien lewis's main flaw some would say is his lack of reach and Raekwon davis is one of the tallest, biggest, lengthiest DL in the class
Thought so too. also considering they faced off more than once..three times I think.

Edgar

Ravens Ring of Honor
Higher on:

Tyler Biadiscz
Matt Hennessey
Akeem Davis - Gather
RB over WR in the 2nd round
Darrell Taylor
Raekwon Davis

Lower on:

depth/talent of WR class
Curtis Weaver
Malik harrison
Patrick Queen

High

Justin Jefferson
Kj Hamler - I never thought I could be so high on a WR with such a big issue (catching), but he'd be one great threat in our offense. You must absolutely man-cover him from the slot which means freeing up some nice ground for a TE. In this case it almost doesn't matter how many touches he gets, but rather how much of an asset he'd be for Roman.
Julian Okwara (ofc)
K'lavon Chaisson-he does have some elements like explosiveness, bend and good use of the hands which might make him great.
Neville Gallimore
Kristian Fulton

Very damn Low (all day 3 prospects to me)
Curtis Weaver
Justin Madubuike
Jonathan Greenard
(we're most def going to draft one of these at least)

There are many others but I keep forgetting lol

rossihunter2

Staff Member
High

Justin Jefferson
Kj Hamler - I never thought I could be so high on a WR with such a big issue (catching), but he'd be one great threat in our offense. You must absolutely man-cover him from the slot which means freeing up some nice ground for a TE. In this case it almost doesn't matter how many touches he gets, but rather how much of an asset he'd be for Roman.
Julian Okwara (ofc)
K'lavon Chaisson-he does have some elements like explosiveness, bend and good use of the hands which might make him great.
Neville Gallimore
Kristian Fulton

Very damn Low (all day 3 prospects to me)
Curtis Weaver
Justin Madubuike
Jonathan Greenard
(we're most def going to draft one of these at least)

There are many others but I keep forgetting lol

haha - on your "lows" i 100% agree on Weaver as a day 3 but couldnt disagree more on Greenard and Madubuike - they're 2 of my 'pound the table' guys

and i would be absolutely ecstatic if we got him at 55...

what is it about him that you dont like?

What strike me the most are the below average power after contact (you'd imagine a guy with such a low center of gravity to have better control of his gaps) and the lack of disengaging ability.
Once the opponent has a hand on him, he's quite passive. Rarely starts a hands fight.
I think the lack of depth at DT this year is pushing his name a tad too high

rossihunter2

Staff Member
What strike me the most are the below average power after contact (you'd imagine a guy with such a low center of gravity to have better control of his gaps) and the lack of disengaging ability.
Once the opponent has a hand on him, he's quite passive. Rarely starts a hands fight.
I think the lack of depth at DT this year is pushing his name a tad too high

i dont see that at all - he struggled at times vs Lloyd Cushenberry in the LSU game but for the mostpart i dont see that trouble disengaging and i see violent pop when he makes contact with OL - he has some length issues with his arms that mean he can get locked out by really length tackles but often he overpowers them anyway

i dont see that at all - he struggled at times vs Lloyd Cushenberry in the LSU game but for the mostpart i dont see that trouble disengaging and i see violent pop when he makes contact with OL - he has some length issues with his arms that mean he can get locked out by really length tackles but often he overpowers them anyway

Idk rossi.. I keep watching those 3 tapes on youtube and I've collected numerous plays where he doesn't even hand fight. He keeps trying to play through his man and power is rarely displayed.
Hands placement is also pretty inconsistent.
I can make a few gifs if you want.. It's not like I want to be right at all costs, just to be clear.. I come in peace
I just truly dislike this DL class.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Idk rossi.. I keep watching those 3 tapes on youtube and I've collected numerous plays where he doesn't even hand fight. He keeps trying to play through his man and power is rarely displayed.
Hands placement is also pretty inconsistent.
I can make a few gifs if you want.. It's not like I want to be right at all costs, just to be clear.. I come in peace
I just truly dislike this DL class.

oh dw im not expecting everyone to agree with me - just interested in why you see him differently - idk if you've seen it - but in my mock i did about a week ago i posted a load of gifs (obviously all highlight type plays) with madubuike if you're interested to see what i like about him

oh dw im not expecting everyone to agree with me - just interested in why you see him differently - idk if you've seen it - but in my mock i did about a week ago i posted a load of gifs (obviously all highlight type plays) with madubuike if you're interested to see what i like about him

No I know I just want to be sure my comments are not seen as standoffish
Will definitely check tomorrow my man

Last edited:

Just read your post rossi.
While I do agree that he does have an adequate base and a few strong reps, I never see him controlling his blockers with his hands or disengage properly. He also looks very limited as a pass rusher nor has he a good motor or mobility to keep a pro Olinemen on his heels.
He's just an undersized NT in my eyes. Ok floor and low ceiling.
But that's the beauty of the draft. Just like teams we all see things and also grade players very differently.
I expect Mudubuike to be taken in rd 2, but I have the same feeling about him as I had for Wormley, Correa and Bowser

Edgar

Ravens Ring of Honor
I don't get the Josh Jones hype. Ive only seen the two games available on Youtube but he looks really clueless.