• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

2020 NFL Draft Gameday Thread

What position will the Ravens select with their first pick in the draft?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
I’m not surprised at all, he felt very much like a ravens DT. He’s coming to a great situation, and this is a move for now along with the future, he modernizes us from Brandon Williams and he’ll be gone next year likely.

I think madubuike is gonna make noise with this team, he’s versatile but physically dominant and very athletic and he’s fairly refined. Like really he fell way further than he probably should have.

it’s obvious we’re trying to become some fucking manly men this offseason
Its still relatively "early" in the draft, but I'm getting the sense that the FO is like "look, we're not going to be able to upgrade the pass rush that much this year". And it makes sense... this is a notoriously bad year for edge rushers. The draft is lacking, and there wasn't much on the FA market.

What it seems to me is that the FO has decided:
a) we're not going to get bullied in the run game anymore. They're beefing up and redoing the Dline, and they're making sure that won't be a weakness this year.
b) they've just decided that they're going to blitz a lot with various groupings and looks, and allow the leagues best secondary to do what it does best.

Probably the worst news for us fans, because I think the consensus was adding to the pass rush was a key priority this offseason. But it's starting to smell like that's just not going to happen.

Adreme

Ravens Ring of Honor
oh my where do i start - violent, aggressive, nice lateral quickness - violent shedder and so powerful - literally see dudes opposite him get popped all the time - has flexibility to move all up and down the DL

giphy.gif

this is one of my favourite plays by him - push-pull move literally pulls the OL to his knees and then dominates the RB on the way to the QB

So he is a pass rusher, a run stuffer with pass rushing qualities, or is he going to be a 3 down Dlinemen.

Unrelated that is a sick move.

JO_75

Hall of Famer
Saints have moved up in the Draft, traded away the 88th pick and a 3rd Round 2021 Pick to the Browns.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Madubuike has me excited again. I’m liking the draft so far actually.

dobbins has me mildly excited, hate the pick but I think we’re gonna forget all about value and analytics come late season and we see what he does here...

And madubuike holy shit what a steal, wasn’t surprised and he wasn’t my top option left but definitely up there, I’m cool as shit with that pick

Adreme

Ravens Ring of Honor
Its still relatively "early" in the draft, but I'm getting the sense that the FO is like "look, we're not going to be able to upgrade the pass rush that much this year". And it makes sense... this is a notoriously bad year for edge rushers. The draft is lacking, and there wasn't much on the FA market.

What it seems to me is that the FO has decided:
a) we're not going to get bullied in the run game anymore. They're beefing up and redoing the Dline, and they're making sure that won't be a weakness this year.
b) they've just decided that they're going to blitz a lot with various groupings and looks, and allow the leagues best secondary to do what it does best.

Probably the worst news for us fans, because I think the consensus was adding to the pass rush was a key priority this offseason. But it's starting to smell like that's just not going to happen.

I will give credit though for the Ravens though for not being that team that tries to force a square peg into into a round hole.