• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

2020 NFL Draft Gameday Thread

What position will the Ravens select with their first pick in the draft?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

rossihunter2

Staff Member
I'm def gonna spend the day as usual, watching the tapes of the selected players and looking forward to prove myself wrong.
It feels very underwhelming (just like last year where we trasher day2) tho, when you're sitting in the perfect spot, ready to hit on a position of need while looming on a fallen day1 prospect alltogether, but you rather go bpa and let the last good ones slip.
In other words: Mims-Okwara duo >> Dobbins-holysheeshMudubuike

Haha - the difference with last year is we had to wait the whole way through round 2 and only had 2 picks - this year we’ve got 5 - just by sheer dumb luck, at least one should be a good player lol - more likely is that 2-3 of them turn into something just in terms of general hit-rates

4 of them would be a spectacular result and 5 would be borderline unfathomable

I know you don’t love the picks but at least just because of the positions they play at least 2 of them will be impact players as rookies

I've seen scouts say Epenesa is inconsistent, I only watched two games and thats not what I saw. Maybe he has bad games/tape that our scouts saw? He was even projected to go top 15.

Epenesa has a great punch and quite good timing with his swipe move.
Will make a very good edge setter but has very limited bend which doesn't make him a particularly good passrusher around the edge. Always seen him as a Carl Nassib kinda guy
Would've liked the pick tho

Haha - the difference with last year is we had to wait the whole way through round 2 and only had 2 picks - this year we’ve got 5 - just by sheer dumb luck, at least one should be a good player lol - more likely is that 2-3 of them turn into something just in terms of general hit-rates

4 of them would be a spectacular result and 5 would be borderline unfathomable

I know you don’t love the picks but at least just because of the positions they play at least 2 of them will be impact players as rookies

Yep.. Guess we'll see them 'soon' in action

Got a short list of 13 players I'd still be happy with.. So I'm in hope for a small consolation price

cobrajet

Hall of Famer
Any thought on the Hurst trade for a second round pick? Would you rather have Dobbins? Just curious how some other members feel.

cobrajet

Hall of Famer
Personally, for me we had a good night. If we would have grabbed Mims instead of Dobbins, I would have thought it was a great night. I admit I was a little upset about the Dobbins pick but I have a feeling he will grow on me and I will probably become a big fan.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Yep.. Guess we'll see them 'soon' in action

Got a short list of 13 players I'd still be happy with.. So I'm in hope for a small consolation price

I’ve got a group of guys I’d like to see us add - but there’s still a fair amount of small school guys who should have gone yesterday who’ve probably been screwed over by the pandemic restrictions not being able to do visits and private workouts

Think Ben Bartch, Kevin Dotson, kindle vildor, Isaiah Coulter, Aaron Parker, Antonio Gandy-Golden and some others who I can’t think of off the top of my head

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Any thought on the Hurst trade for a second round pick? Would you rather have Dobbins? Just curious how some other members feel.

Think dobbins probably has a larger role in the offence and we have an extra year of control so in that sense dobbins is worthy of replacing hurst - but we do need to replace hurst’s role in the running game as a h-back/flex blocker

Dalton Keene was someone I was interested in for that role but potentially as a 7th rounder/priority free agent but the patriots decided he was a 3rd player lol

Jonathan Garvin
John Simpson
Tyler Biadasz
Solomon Kindley
Jason Strowbridge
Bryce Huff
Alton Robinson
Bradlee Anae
DPJ
Michael Pinckney (although we already got 2ILBs)
O. Betiku
Ben Bartch
McFarland

Sami84

Ravens Ring of Honor
PFF Rank
Tyre Phillips
POSITION
T
CLASS
Sr.
SCHOOL
Mississippi State Bulldogs
HEIGHT
6' 5"
WEIGHT
SPEED

Phillips inability to play with consistent leverage in pass protection is going to get him smoked in the NFL. It's not something that will be alleviated by a transition to guard either

cobrajet

Hall of Famer
PFF Rank
Tyre Phillips
POSITION
T
CLASS
Sr.
SCHOOL
HEIGHT
6' 5"
WEIGHT
SPEED

Phillips inability to play with consistent leverage in pass protection is going to get him smoked in the NFL. It's not something that will be alleviated by a transition to guard either
Do you like him more than John Simpson or would you have rather had another offensive lineman still on the board?

rossihunter2

Staff Member
PFF Rank
Tyre Phillips
POSITION
T
CLASS
Sr.
SCHOOL
HEIGHT
6' 5"
WEIGHT
SPEED

Tbf this is the same PFF that loves Netane Muti despite the fact he’s got awful technique and short arms and a crazy bad injury history

ravenslord

Ravens Ring of Honor
Any decent Tight Ends left ? We need one bad .If Andrews goes down we are in big trouble at that position which is critical in our offense .