• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

2020 NFL Draft Gameday Thread

What position will the Ravens select with their first pick in the draft?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

cdp

Ravens Ring of Honor
More Info re Washington: his coaches rave about his team-first, business-like approach and say he will be a successful head coach one day. Overall, Washington is a onedimensional pass rusher, but he is a nasty, tough-minded trench player who never shuts it down and competes with power, projecting as a scheme-versatile nose

Sami84

Ravens Ring of Honor
More Info re Washington: his coaches rave about his team-first, business-like approach and say he will be a successful head coach one day. Overall, Washington is a onedimensional pass rusher, but he is a nasty, tough-minded trench player who never shuts it down and competes with power, projecting as a scheme-versatile nose

Im seeing as much pass rush as terrence cody minus the 100 extra pounds

Simba

Staff Member
I understand they're only highlights, but the little package they just showed on Washington didn't look to bad. Could see the weaknesses mentioned but actually liked that rep off the edge. Not a true edge by any means but showed at least some awareness and sense of play with a swim move.

Edgar

Ravens Ring of Honor
I don't think the NT selection is a referendum on Mack as much as it is an acknowledgement that we are moving on from Williams next year. We had Pierce and Williams last year with Mack as a rookie either injured or not dressing. It will be the same this year. Williams and Mack will dress with this years 5 getting up to speed.

The plan will be to move on from Williams with these two (mack and the new guy ) in rotation and Justin at 3T and all over the place. Its a future pick the same way Mack was last year.

Sami84

Ravens Ring of Honor
I rememeber my first ever BR ban

when i said we picked a fat slob who won't amount to shit.

That was lard terrence cody

Simba

Staff Member
I don't think the NT selection is a referendum on Mack as much as it is an acknowledgement that we are moving on from Williams next year. We had Pierce and Williams last year with Mack as a rookie either injured or not dressing. It will be the same this year. Williams and Mack will dress with this years 5 getting up to speed.

The plan will be to move on from Williams with these two (mack and the new guy ) in rotation and Justin at 3T and all over the place. Its a future pick the same way Mack was last year.

Can only fit so many on the roster though. Someone basically has to go considering we have 4 + Ricard or 5 active on any given gameday.

Campbell, Williams, Wolfe, Madubuike, Mack, Ellis, Washington. Can't see us keeping all 7 right now but obviously it's still early.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
I'm thinking this is a player that one of the scouts hung their hat on.

Simba

Staff Member
our dline room is currently

BWill
Campbell
Wolfe
Madibuike
Ward
Mack
Washington
Ellis

I did leave out Ward although he's kind of played more edge for us, but point still stands. Can't keep em all. Would think Ellis is on borrowed time and then Mack and Washington competing for the last spot since you also have Ward and Ricard that can fill in on the DL as well.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Prince Tega Wanogho's knees are apparently the issue that's making him fall

but if he's there with our 7th rounder, surely that's worth the risk even though he's not a need...

if he amounts to nothing then it was only a 7th round pick but if he hits then you've just got a gem in the 7th round at OL