• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Welcome to Baltimore: RB JK Dobbins (55)

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Exactly how I feel.

I’m warming up more to this by the minute though. Just get the star RB out of the way and stop playing around with the dixons and collins’ and gus Edwards and justice hill types, and go get someone who’s for real. Rb is a key piece for us and Ingram will likely have one strong year with us and then may take a short/cheap stay for locker room purposes because he loves it here, so we have the star rb we need for the duration of Lamar’s athletic prime

The trick is making sure you hit with the high RB pick when you do do it

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
The trick is making sure you hit with the high RB pick when you do do it
Yeah, if you whiff of a 2nd round RB in a championship window you look really bad. And while dobbins was never my guy, I’ll trust their judgement over mine on this one. Everything about him points to him being maybe the best back in the class except for one thing, he’s just not electric on film, I don’t get how a guy can have the track record and production of dobbins but look entirely unexciting on film lol, but a lot of those RBs become great, Ingram is one, frank gore comes to mind too, not exciting at all but just consistently excellent

Sami84

Ravens Ring of Honor
Yeah, if you whiff of a 2nd round RB in a championship window you look really bad. And while dobbins was never my guy, I’ll trust their judgement over mine on this one. Everything about him points to him being maybe the best back in the class except for one thing, he’s just not electric on film, I don’t get how a guy can have the track record and production of dobbins but look entirely unexciting on film lol, but a lot of those RBs become great, Ingram is one, frank gore comes to mind too, not exciting at all but just consistently excellent

the line he ran behind are really, really good.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
the line he ran behind are really, really good.
so did Melvin Gordon or a host of other backs, like Zeke for example. Do you knock them just because they ran behind good offensive lines.

That's a ridiculous statement

Sami84

Ravens Ring of Honor
so did Melvin Gordon or a host of other backs, like Zeke for example. Do you knock them just because they ran behind good offensive lines.

That's a ridiculous statement

those guys had explosion/electricity to their runs

dobbins just doesnt have much in the way of that

Willbacker

Ravens Ring of Honor
Exactly how I feel.

I’m warming up more to this by the minute though. Just get the star RB out of the way and stop playing around with the dixons and collins’ and gus Edwards and justice hill types, and go get someone who’s for real. Rb is a key piece for us and Ingram will likely have one strong year with us and then may take a short/cheap stay for locker room purposes because he loves it here, so we have the star rb we need for the duration of Lamar’s athletic prime

Jamal Lewis and Ray Rice have been our only top draft choices (1st 2 rds) so I'd say it looks good. I wanted to draft an RB in the 2nd anyway. I just had diffrent names in mind but they was all gone.

Sami84

Ravens Ring of Honor
I'd like to point out that dobbins is going to be far, far, far better than justice hill.
He'll be a good player but my point is that is he THAT much better than what we could find later on in a draft?

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
I'd like to point out that dobbins is going to be far, far, far better than justice hill.
He'll be a good player but my point is that is he THAT much better than what we could find later on in a draft?
Yes he’s much better other than zack moss. After dobbins and moss the draftable RBs disappeared unless you wanted another scat back with McFarland

Francois Boulianne

Practice Squad
Jamal Lewis and Ray Rice have been our only top draft choices (1st 2 rds) so I'd say it looks good. I wanted to draft an RB in the 2nd anyway. I just had diffrent names in mind but they was all gone.

We took Rice at 55 like Dobbins and he was instrumental to our offence in Flacco's first years. I still recall the "hey diddle diddle ray rice up the middle" 4 and 29 against the chargers. No Superbowl without this play and the Mile High Miracle. We never know what Dobbins may give us this year while chasing the ring. Hope is on par with Rice.

Ravensnation5220

Ravens Ring of Honor
If you want to see him look electric watch his freshman tape.