• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Welcome to Baltimore: RB JK Dobbins (55)

Ravensnation5220

Ravens Ring of Honor
From the way Dobbins follows lead blockers, his new best friends are going to be called Nick Boyle and Patrick Ricard
It's pretty much the same running scheme with all the gap assignments and lead blockers. The more I watch the more I see how much of a perfect fit he is.

Ravensnation5220

Ravens Ring of Honor
@Ravensnation5220 - watching the waldman video you posted - interesting to me that he mentions alvin kamara when talking about Dobbins ability to get through arm tackles and wraps (something Alvin Kamara is amazing at) given that Kamara and Ingram worked together amazingly well as a RB tandem
Imgram is gonna be the perfect mentor to him. Their game is so eerily similar too and their body types. Dont think Dobbins could be in a better situation

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
As I’m watching film on dobbins, you can’t convince me that his work out of the zone read and shotgun and pistol wasn’t a huge factor. He is an expert with this. He fully understands that some plays need patience and some need you to hit the gas immediately, he is able to determine which type of play it is at the mesh point. He is gonna be a home run hitter in this offense, I can’t believe we got upset about a rb lol, we were all so set on mims that we ignored the great player we got, he’s gonna be a fan favorite from day one

Ravensnation5220

Ravens Ring of Honor
As I’m watching film on dobbins, you can’t convince me that his work out of the zone read and shotgun and pistol wasn’t a huge factor. He is an expert with this. He fully understands that some plays need patience and some need you to hit the gas immediately, he is able to determine which type of play it is at the mesh point. He is gonna be a home run hitter in this offense, I can’t believe we got upset about a rb lol, we were all so set on mims that we ignored the great player we got, he’s gonna be a fan favorite from day one
Hes gonna be ready from Day 1. Hes a plug and play guy and with how much we run the ball it's nice to always have fresh legs. Especially with Ingram getting up there in age. Also think all this talent with Lamar will make it easier for our Oline. The interior can get away with average but I have a feeling with all the young competition weve gathered some one out of that group will step up. And we have some of the best positional coaches in the league

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Hes gonna be ready from Day 1. Hes a plug and play guy and with how much we run the ball it's nice to always have fresh legs. Especially with Ingram getting up there in age. Also think all this talent with Lamar will make it easier for our Oline. The interior can get away with average but I have a feeling with all the young competition weve gathered some one out of that group will step up. And we have some of the best positional coaches in the league
I definitely think that our OL is gonna work, it will have A LOT of room for improvement, but I think we’re gonna be far removed from the 2017/18 days of skura and Lewis and hurst, even without yanda. Seems our OL coach and Roman have settled in quite well with eachother and next man up doesn’t skip a beat. It’s such a damn shame that skura finally became a solid player and then got hurt, he really helped glue the whole unit together.

We all complained about a RB in 2, but we’d be hypocrites to complain about that after spending years bashing the FO for not giving joe help, yeah we may have preferred mims, but mims isn’t a certainty, we all project mims and I do too but he had plenty of questions, dobbins at least we are damn sure that we’re getting a stud and a perfect fit.

rossihunter2

Staff Member

im still upset about mims - but no longer upset that we got dobbins in stead lol
the one annoying thing is that with this shortened offseason, he's going to have far fewer reps with Lamar to get the mesh point chemistry that Lamar and Ingram have - what Lamar and Ingram do at the mesh point is like actual magic

matt weiss did a great job in his first year as RB coach

rossihunter2

Staff Member

we've also got YAC weapons which means we can use some quicker passing plays to alleviate the pass rush if necessary

i think we'll do fine ultimately in pass pro but we're going to feel Yanda's loss in the running game

that being said i still havent go into the powers tape from week 17 yet

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
I'd much rather we keep Gus as he's been a personal favorite. And Hill just seems too easy to bring down.
I'd rather try and get something for hill if we get rid of him, but my guess is if they get rid of a back, Gus will be the one they get rid of due to it being his last year.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
lol I've already forgotten about Mims.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
The Waldman breakdown was really good. I'd suggest everyone take a look at it. Some really quality stuff.

Realised when studying him theres a lot of little things that go unnoticed. Kinda like Bell in Pittsburgh and what made him so good. He just has some amazing footwork and vision.
there is the film breakdown of Dobbins from 2018 and then Waldman was interviewed on theffdynasty about him as well. Calls him a mix of Ray Rice and Tomlinson and also calls him the safest back in this class.

Asyranok

Practice Squad
I've never been so disappointed by a player's reaction to being drafted as I have by Dobbins. He reacted exactly as I would to having just been told that my entirely family died. At first, stunned and emotionless (and in disbelief), before the flood of negative emotions. He was so unhappy. He clearly did not want to be a Raven. The only other possibility is that he had not slept in at least 2 weeks - possibly over a month.

His reaction sucked literally all the excitement of the pick I had out of the room. I would rather have an over-drafted player who is eager to play for the team that drafted him. Here's to hoping the reaction was a fluke, or at least that he warms up to the new position. He has amazing highlights from college that wowed me even more than Queen, if I am being honest.

Davesta

Ravens Ring of Honor
2E8AEA09-9B19-4FFF-9A48-A2EF458D19C2.jpeg
I've never been so disappointed by a player's reaction to being drafted as I have by Dobbins. He reacted exactly as I would to having just been told that my entirely family died. At first, stunned and emotionless (and in disbelief), before the flood of negative emotions. He was so unhappy. He clearly did not want to be a Raven. The only other possibility is that he had not slept in at least 2 weeks - possibly over a month.

His reaction sucked literally all the excitement of the pick I had out of the room. I would rather have an over-drafted player who is eager to play for the team that drafted him. Here's to hoping the reaction was a fluke, or at least that he warms up to the new position. He has amazing highlights from college that wowed me even more than Queen, if I am being honest.

Or maybe he’s pissed off cause he think he’s the top RB of the class and 4 RBs went before him.

From reading his caption, I think he feels like he was slighted falling to 55.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer

Did you see Lamar’s reaction to getting drafted? He was pissed off, but not because he was a raven, which he cleared up very quickly in his interview. These players didn’t get interviews.

rossihunter2

Staff Member

I think you’re seriously over-reacting - surely you should give him the benefit of the doubt?

Asyranok

Practice Squad
I think you’re seriously over-reacting - surely you should give him the benefit of the doubt?

He can easily win me over. As hinted/mentioned, of all the picks his highlights impressed me the most. And by far. But I also don't think I am bad or wrong for being disappointed. Full expectations he will ultimately prove me wrong though. Fingers crossed.

Last edited: