• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

2020 Undrafted Free-Agents

Willbacker

Ravens Ring of Honor

breeland signing is good news with regards to any potential lingering injury issues he might have

Really getting some nice udfa signings. Welch is an underrated signing from a very good Iowa Hawkeye defense which of course Geno Stone is from and also featured Epenesa. Would have to make his mark on spteams. Hoping these guys get a fair shake with enough training camp time. Amazing how many of these players I have seen play but really never thought about drafting but I still think they're good players.

I also think we'll find our 3rd TE thru the udfa and that includes Scarff.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Watched some more eli wolf and he's a lot better the 2nd time around - he's listed at 235 lbs which is a bit too light but was apparently listed at georgia as 245 - blazing timed speed for a TE and you can see some of that on his tape

so frustrating though watching georgia's offence with fromm constantly honing in on his 1st read (and the TE is never the 1st read apparently in georgia's offence) - he has some nice blocks and some not nice blocks but it's surely something he can get better at

that combination (if he can stick) of blocking - and he'll have to earn his way onto the roster with his ability to block as the 3rd TE + special teams - and his blazing speed could be a counter-striking type weapon at some points

Reactions: cdp

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Jacob Breeland by comparison with Wolf, had an offence where he was often early in the reads as one of Herbert's preferred targets - shown enough as a blocker to expect to be able to work with him on those aspects (and has enough on his frame to be able to hold up as a blocker) but he genuinely looks like a natural receiver, good at finding the soft spot in the zone, savvy-ish route runner

tbh looks a lot like mark andrews in that understated way - he's certainly someone to watch for

i know he had a major injury but i dont understand why he wasnt drafted especially with how bad the TE class was

Sami84

Ravens Ring of Honor
Also, I loved Mark Andrews coming out and for me breeland was never even in the same stratosphere last year even before the ACL

cdp

Ravens Ring of Honor
Ultimately you want your backup to not lose the game for you and Huntley is the kind of qb who’s wired to not make many mistakes but also has the ability to run the offence - that’s a good sign for him

I think he and trace have got a battle and depending on how it goes, RGIII probably only has 1 year left on the roster
I don't know RG3? Why should we keep him, just for the locker room? He could barely throw the football, no zip when we played the steelers. McSorley also didn't do much, no s.t. reps which he was basically drafted for. He couldn't even beat out RG3...

rossihunter2

Staff Member
I don't know RG3? Why should we keep him, just for the locker room? He could barely throw the football, no zip when we played the steelers. McSorley also didn't do much, no s.t. reps which he was basically drafted for. He couldn't even beat out RG3...

i think given how complex the running game is here, the fact he operated it so well is a pretty big part of it i think - we use so much pre and post-snap motion too and operating that and creating that rhythm with the play clock etc. is not an easy task

but that would be the reason

i think ty and trace have the opportunity to beat him out - he's on a 1 year 2.5m deal and we'd save 2m by cutting him - if mcsorley or huntley can win that job i dont think there's any reason why we would keep RGIII unless we want to keep 3 qbs on the roster

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
i think given how complex the running game is here, the fact he operated it so well is a pretty big part of it i think - we use so much pre and post-snap motion too and operating that and creating that rhythm with the play clock etc. is not an easy task

i think ty and trace have the opportunity to beat him out - he's on a 1 year 2.5m deal and we'd save 2m by cutting him - if mcsorley or huntley can win that job i dont think there's any reason why we would keep RGIII unless we want to keep 3 qbs on the roster
I watched some of Tyler Huntley and straight up I think he’s coming for bob and traces jobs

I'm guessing we keep 4 RBs and QB is where that extra position is coming from.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
I watched some of Tyler Huntley and straight up I think he’s coming for bob and traces jobs

that would be ideal if it could happen but he's more developmental as a prospect to me - could be a very nice backup in our system but has some mechanical things to work out and if preseason is cut short he'll have fewer chances to see how a defence will try to attack him and our offence

undersold thing that nobody's really considered yet with regards to training camp is it's highly unlikely there'll be any joint practices going on - joint practices that have become pretty important as part of our process in the offseasons (far more important than the preseason games)