• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

2020 Undrafted Free-Agents

Davesta

Ravens Ring of Honor
Video of Bronson Rechsteiner from Kennesaw State's Youtube channel. This dude is a massive fullback who can RUN, can catch out of the backfield too and BLOCK.

The music is awesome. The way he dives and takes out defenders legs got me worried for practice camp though. No friendly fire man. Don’t hurt our guys lol

Sooky

Pro Bowler
I just watched film on that Oregon TE and I am hyped. I can definitely see him filling in the role Hurst had.

Willbacker

Ravens Ring of Honor
Video of Bronson Rechsteiner from Kennesaw State's Youtube channel. This dude is a massive fullback who can RUN, can catch out of the backfield too and BLOCK.

Wow the guy got some speed too. Talk about north and south.

This might be the greatest match for prospect and music in a highlight real I've ever seen

Some Motorhead and Metalica. Now I dont know if I need my morning coffee. Well yeah I still do lol.

cdp

Ravens Ring of Honor
New CBA increased roster and practice squad by 2. But it's basically like them saying nobody is safe. You shouldn't become comfortable just because you 14 games a season ago.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
most up to date list i could find so far:

QB Tyler Huntley
RB Bronson Rechsteiner
RB Ty'son Williams
WR Jaylon Moore
TE Jacob Breeland
TE Eli Wolf
OL Daishawn Dixon
C Trystan Colon-Castillo
C Sean Pollard
DT Aaron Crawford
DE John Daka
DE Chauncey Rivers
DE Marcus Willoughby
ILB Kristian Welch
DB Jeff Hector
CB Josh Nurse
CB Khalil Dorsey
S Nigel Warrior
K Jake Vogel
P Dom Maggio

id say the 2 TEs and Rechsteiner are probably the most interesting pickups so far - tyler huntley potentially as a developmental QB to fight for 3rd string QB could be interesting too

Sami84

Ravens Ring of Honor

QB Tyler Huntley
RB Bronson Rechsteiner
RB Ty'son Williams
WR Jaylon Moore
TE Jacob Breeland
TE Eli Wolf
OL Daishawn Dixon
C Trystan Colon-Castillo
C Sean Pollard
DT Aaron Crawford
DE John Daka
DE Chauncey Rivers
DE Marcus Willoughby
ILB Kristian Welch
DB Jeff Hector
CB Josh Nurse
CB Khalil Dorsey
S Nigel Warrior
K Jake Vogel
P Dom Maggio

id say the 2 TEs and Rechsteiner are probably the most interesting pickups so far - tyler huntley potentially as a developmental QB to fight for 3rd string QB could be interesting too

Steiner is a genetic freak ( ironic and not ironic). His pro day he was running agains the wind and it was something like 4.4 and he had 35 reps which would have been for 3rd most in the entire draft. The other two guys ahead of him? 350 pounders

cdp

Ravens Ring of Honor

QB Tyler Huntley
RB Bronson Rechsteiner
RB Ty'son Williams
WR Jaylon Moore
TE Jacob Breeland
TE Eli Wolf
OL Daishawn Dixon
C Trystan Colon-Castillo
C Sean Pollard
DT Aaron Crawford
DE John Daka
DE Chauncey Rivers
DE Marcus Willoughby
ILB Kristian Welch
DB Jeff Hector
CB Josh Nurse
CB Khalil Dorsey
S Nigel Warrior
K Jake Vogel
P Dom Maggio

Have you watched the conversation EDC and Harbaugh had about UDFAs? EDC explicitly mentioned TEs and one C. Do you know by chance who he meant (C)?

Simba

Staff Member
The 2 TEs, Breeland and Wolf, are definitely the most intriguing right now.

Rechsteiner looks nice but going to be hard for a FB to make it with Ricard and his versatility already here.

I like the sound of Daka for sure, and curious to see if he can take the step up.

Warrior is also an intriguing guy at S, and I wouldn't look too far past Nurse at CB who is still new to the position and could be a nice PS developmental piece.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Have you watched the conversation EDC and Harbaugh had about UDFAs? EDC explicitly mentioned TEs and one C. Do you know by chance who he meant (C)?

they didnt say which one - i did not like colon-castillo when i watched him so i tend to believe it's sean pollard - but i have no idea

i noticed that too when watching - might have to do some research on pollard to see if it could have been him they were thinking of

Ravensnation5220

Ravens Ring of Honor

QB Tyler Huntley
RB Bronson Rechsteiner
RB Ty'son Williams
WR Jaylon Moore
TE Jacob Breeland
TE Eli Wolf
OL Daishawn Dixon
C Trystan Colon-Castillo
C Sean Pollard
DT Aaron Crawford
DE John Daka
DE Chauncey Rivers
DE Marcus Willoughby
ILB Kristian Welch
DB Jeff Hector
CB Josh Nurse
CB Khalil Dorsey
S Nigel Warrior
K Jake Vogel
P Dom Maggio

I like John Daka. Productive kid for a very productive program. I think he has a chance considering our lack of depth at edge

rossihunter2

Staff Member
just watched the 2 TEs - Breeland and Wolf - Wolf's amazing measurables do not show up in his tape - he's primarily a blocker but he's not a good one - i would say he's a low octane addition who will be a camp body

Breeland is far more intriguing - unfortunately for his chances of making the roster (unless he can play special teams) he's also not a good blocker but he's a nice prospect as a receiver out of the TE - you can motion him and move him around, good hands, clearly springy athleticism, shows a knack for attacking the weak spot in the zone and forcing linebackers to make bad decisions - is particularly effective on fakes where he rounds off his routes to sneak behind the defence for big plays - i like him and he's got a chance but he'd be fighting for the 3rd TE spot so unless he shows out as a receiver (which tbf he could do) he'll have to improve his blocking but that's the kind of thing our staff is pretty good at teaching

I think from what ive seen so far - the best UDFA candidate to take some of those Hurst snaps is Rechsteiner the FB/not really sure what to call him - he's more of a lead blocker in the more traditional FB mould than Hurst but I could certainly see us using him as a blocker pulling across the line but who's also an option as a receiver or runner - he's so strong and violent though it's really cool to see

of the UDFAs ive watched so far, id say based on the tape that rechsteiner and breeland have the best chance to stick

Simba

Staff Member
Well Tystan Colon-Castillo is clearly the C that EDC and Harbs were talking about:

that's a pretty sizeable bonus for a UDFA (especially when there's such a large crop) - Eli Wolf got 2.5k more in bonus but a lot less in salary guarantees

I don't have a full understanding of it, but apparently these UDFA base salary guarantees to transfer over as a split salary if they're cut and re-sign to the PS. Definitely shows how much a player is liked but obviously, guarantees them nothing in terms of a roster spot.

Simba

Staff Member
One on final note, you'd have to assume this year that all of the guys that have reportedly signed are actual signings and not tryout guys. Can't imagine how a tryout scenario would even go unless they want to test some guys on some board work or playbook retention or something during these virtual workouts.