• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Post-Game 3 Thread

Willbacker

Ravens Ring of Honor
6 blocked passes. Insane. Love the technique.

Ricard,Mizzell and Hill are 3 UDFA's that I believe will make the team. They try to practice squad them they getting snapped up quick.

Suggs looks like he's gonna be a serious leader on this team and CJ Mosley.....Damn.

Jensen got the center spot locked up and I thought Howard looked pretty good at RT. LG ?????

Mallett looks like he's gonna win the backup spot and Woodrum probally can be stashed on practice squad.

Tucker needs to watch out tho lol.

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
imo...

Hill definitely makes the roster (did Boykin even play tonight? Did Trevin Wade do anything worthwhile?) 10 DBs are probably going to make the roster- Weddle, Jefferson, Jimmy Smith, Brandon Carr, Marlon Humphrey, Lardarius Webb, Anthony Levine are all locks. Chuck Clark and Jaylen Hill are more likely to be kept than cut at this point. Question is- who could be the tenth? Price? Someone cut off another team?
If it's 10, Price and Canady are candidates and it looks like Canady might be one of the guys to get designation to return, so the battle for the last spot is between Clark and Price. I like Clark in that case.

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
Also, don't think we have enough room for ZDS, assuming Suggs, Judon, Bowser, Williams, McClellan, Correa, Mosley, Onwuasor are in and we keep more than 6 D-linemen.

jboy19

Pro Bowler
If it's 10, Price and Canady are candidates and it looks like Canady might be one of the guys to get designation to return, so the battle for the last spot is between Clark and Price. I like Clark in that case.

Definitely. If it comes down to exposing Clark or Price to waivers, there's no way they let Clark go. Overall the depth at DB has been extremely impressive with Hill stepping up and Webb looking solid at slot corner.

Adreme

Ravens Ring of Honor
Honestly I think no matter what Carr might be gone after this year just by default with how deep the Ravens are at corner even if they do nothing next year they will have Young coming back with Canady and Hill as backups. That is just unbelievably deep at secondary and its a nice perk to have because it means the defense will not get tired.

I honestly have no idea how they are going to do the final 53 with how many great defenders emerged. They can only afford to keep so few players on offense to make room but damn this year is rough.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Honestly I think no matter what Carr might be gone after this year just by default with how deep the Ravens are at corner even if they do nothing next year they will have Young coming back with Canady and Hill as backups. That is just unbelievably deep at secondary and its a nice perk to have because it means the defense will not get tired.

I honestly have no idea how they are going to do the final 53 with how many great defenders emerged. They can only afford to keep so few players on offense to make room but damn this year is rough.

The other thing with carr is that he so far hasnt looked good in coverage even as the clear number 2 corner - I'm really invested in the idea of hopefully seeing marlon Humphrey in the 4th preseason game like breshad last year - unless he's already won the starting job (and it sounded like that was a possibility - hopefully on the merit of his good play rather than by default coz Carr isn't great or something like that)

jboy19

Pro Bowler

I wouldn't be surprised. Carr seems to be the guy giving up all those chunk plays. I'm not sure, at this point, what Humphrey brings to the table, but guys like Tavon and Hill seem to be preferable to Carr, who is more likely to get worse than better at this point in his career.

Oldfaithful

Hall of Famer
We need to make a last ditch move on the oline. I'm convinced of it. Jensen looked solid imo. Howard needs to get his ass in shape but he should be fine. He looked a lot better last week imo(which I didn't think he was nearly as bad as some have indicated). Stanley and Yanda returning should be good.

I like our RBs. I like the rest of the offense tbh. Just fix the fucking line and we'd be set. We're really not that far off from being contenders again if Flacco can be decent again.

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
Anybody saw Harbaugh's post game presser? He's really getting on my nerves lately.
"Offense also played really good"
Getting unpleasant to reporter asking whether Flacco will practice before the season. His answer: "You really think it's important for Joe to practice?"
Of course it is, fool. New scheme, new pass catchers, below average performance last year - how can it not be important?

cobrajet

Hall of Famer
Anybody saw Harbaugh's post game presser? He's really getting on my nerves lately.
Getting unpleasant to reporter asking whether Flacco will practice before the season. His answer: "You really think it's important for Joe to practice?"
Of course it is, fool. New scheme, new pass catchers, below average performance last year - how can it not be important?
I agree that I did not really like what he said either. The way he praised the offense when it is clear that they need to play better (smh). You are right about Joe needing practice before the regular season starts is pretty damn important for us to be prepared. Maybe John is right that it is more important that Joe gets healthy but damn - The way our offense looks, we need Joe out there helping to get it into gear.

Last edited:

Sami84

Ravens Ring of Honor
I actually am beginning to feel that wormley is a mysterious IR candidate. he really is not needed whatsoever and ricard offers more at this point. He also has been invisible so far in preseason and have heard little of him in camp.

Sami84

Ravens Ring of Honor
fook john harbaugh. I'd never be able to play for a brainwashed turd of a coach. give me Brian Billick any day of the week.

Sandtown

Pro Bowler
Also, don't think we have enough room for ZDS, assuming Suggs, Judon, Bowser, Williams, McClellan, Correa, Mosley, Onwuasor are in and we keep more than 6 D-linemen.
Can't never have too many pass rushers and Suggs may look good but I think The Ravens should try to keep him fresh as much as possible . ZDS has more plaing experience than the other young pass rushers and his edge setting skills have improved. Unless another teams call The Ravens in a trade for ZDS and provide a offer they can't refuse then I think ZDS definitely should stay on the team.

Sandtown

Pro Bowler

Maybe i'm looking at the wrong video but John Harbaugh said he thought the offense played well.

K-Dog

MVP
This was the first ever Ravens game that I've gone to, so that was pretty exciting. I bet it would have been much less exciting watching on TV.

Some brief thoughts that I had:
1. The scoreboards looked amazing in person.
2. Mizzell had a good game imo
3. Hill had a good interception
4. Lots of penalties on both sides
5. Lewis's run happened almost right in front of me, so that was cool seeing it up close

Where did you sit?